Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem: ran oktoprep in 1.1.1 now in 1.1.2 it says i need to run oktoprep

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Problem: ran oktoprep in 1.1.1 now in 1.1.2 it says i need to run oktoprep
    title says it pretty much,

i finally got 1.1.1 working on my phone after being forced to upgrade to 1.1.2 and not running oktoprep.

i jailbroke 1.1.1, installed oktoprep

upgraded to 1.1.2

now i try using idemocracy and just the jailbreak software alone, when it runs it tells me, " This utility can only be used if you have already run oktoprep before updating to 1.1.2" i click okay and jailbreak has failed.

i looked in iphonebrowser, and it has a touchFree folder on it.

i'm running a AMD (actually its a sempron) windows XP machine, if it has anything to do with it.

someone please help!

I think I'm doomed not to have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone.

My wife upgraded her phone to fw 1.1.2 b4 I could install OktoPrep, I followed this guide and it worked like a charm. Try it.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15495

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i've attempted EVERY guide.

my phone wont connect to WiFi on 1.0.2 idk why. its only my 2wire in my house.

I have used a different method to get back to 1.1.1 and installed oktoprep and upgraded, and got this issue.

again,

I ran oktoprep on 1.1.1 now 1.1.2 is saying i didn't

there is a folder on the iphone called touchFree

someone please help me out!

also i want to point out, i've downgraded and upgraded again a few times with the same results....

Did you try restoring on 1.1.2 to see if it wipe the files clean to downgrade

easiest guide ever with pics pm me if you have any qestions. my iphone is unlocked on tmobile everything works. Phone sms youtube itune all is good.
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...nlock_mac.html

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    i've attempted EVERY guide.

my phone wont connect to WiFi on 1.0.2 idk why. its only my 2wire in my house.

I have used a different method to get back to 1.1.1 and installed oktoprep and upgraded, and got this issue.

again,

I ran oktoprep on 1.1.1 now 1.1.2 is saying i didn't

there is a folder on the iphone called touchFree

someone please help me out!

also i want to point out, i've downgraded and upgraded again a few times with the same results....
    Please make sure that ur "upgrading" to 1.1.2 not "restore". i done the same mistake before so try this, it should work !

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

okay, i tried that /\

and i get \/
    the iphone "iphone" could not be updated. an unknown issue occurred (9)

make shore your restoring to the zip file not the ipsw gownload it form this forum and keep it ziped

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hey guys,

i had the same issue. i unlocked almost 10 iphones and i didn't have this problem before. here is the solution i have found on hackint0sh. it works just fine

1. downgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1
    2. jailbreak
    3. Install BSD Subsystem, Install OpenSSH, run Oktoprep
    Also remember that you have to update to 1.1.2, NOT RESTORE.
    4. update to 1.1.2 press SHIFT then restore.
    5. jailbreak 1.1.2
    6. prepare your next sim (if you have one)
    7. enjoy your fully unlocked iphone
    1.1.2 + next sim --> 1.1.3 ZiPhoned--> 1.1.4 (Ziphone) --> 2.0.1 (winpwn)--> 2.1 (quickpwn)
    www.boioglu.ro/tag/iphone

okay so none of this helped me what so ever, i took my phone all the way down to 1.0.2, whent up to 1.1.1 and activated it using jailbreakme.com/ method jailbroke it with onetouch loaded oktoprep and went to 1.1.2 now when i tryd to use the 1.1.2 onetouch break method i get the message saying that I needed to load oktoprep?

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

use shift update not shift restore and it will work!
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

AppSnapp upgraded their software and they said that it will automatically install Oktoprep along with appsnapp, but when you upgrade to 1.1.2 and run jailbreak it will give you and error saying you didn't install Oktoprep, what we need here is a separate source in installer that has an oktoprep we can install.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i have tried this "got the same message" restore again .. tried to again " have Prep the oktoprep in ever possible way eve by Boss Tool Still Get the same error.. grrgrgrg guess big dogs will have to figure this out .. first .. for now .. You can stay on 1.1. and use the Nate true JB i m useing it right now Grrrrrr its working well so far

Thanks for many many fixs in installer...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON UPDATE, NOT RESTORE. IF YOU HAVE A BUTTON THAT SAYS CHECK FOR UPDATES, INSTEAD OF JUST UPDATES, THEN ADD THE PHONE SEPERATELY TO ITUNES, AND THE BUTTON WILL CHANGE

I know where you are coming form and by trial and error I finally saw where I was making the same mistake.

Just so that you know UPDATE and RESTORE are two totally different buttons. 9 times out of 10, that is where you are having the problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankydabull View Post
    YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON UPDATE, NOT RESTORE. IF YOU HAVE A BUTTON THAT SAYS CHECK FOR UPDATES, INSTEAD OF JUST UPDATES, THEN ADD THE PHONE SEPERATELY TO ITUNES, AND THE BUTTON WILL CHANGE

I know where you are coming form and by trial and error I finally saw where I was making the same mistake.

Just so that you know UPDATE and RESTORE are two totally different buttons. 9 times out of 10, that is where you are having the problem.
    couldn't have said it better... wait thats what i said.... yay!
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

If you are at this stage "YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON UPDATE, NOT RESTORE. IF YOU HAVE A BUTTON THAT SAYS CHECK FOR UPDATES, INSTEAD OF JUST UPDATES, THEN ADD THE PHONE SEPERATELY TO ITUNES, AND THE BUTTON WILL CHANGE" and a bit confused like me what he means - try deleting/move any downloaded ipsw files that your itunes may have downloaded previously. Once done the jailbroken phone plugged into itunes will give the right button (on windows its in doc/settings/administrator/applications/apple something or rather - (or just search the hard drive for the ipsw file).....

Same thing happened here. But i was being dumb, to say at least. After Oktoprep, be sure to alt+click (or ****+click in Windows) in UPDATE, and not RESTORE in itunes. Worked perfectly! I Have now a 1.1.3 jailbroken brick, still wating for unlock BL 4.06.