Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (Guide) How To Easily Jailbreak 1.1.2 (Windows) NO PROBLEMS!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

okay, ran into another problem, I ran the oktoprep, updated to 1.1.2 and got a error msg, tried again. it worked.

Now i goto jailbreak 1.1.2 and it says oktoprep was not ran.

so, now i should try the whole process over?

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

worked like a charm

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

I did everything on the guide, and now when I press the phone icon it doesn't work??? jajajaja, how can I fix that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    okay, ran into another problem, I ran the oktoprep, updated to 1.1.2 and got a error msg, tried again. it worked.

Now i goto jailbreak 1.1.2 and it says oktoprep was not ran.

so, now i should try the whole process over?

when u opened the jailbreak folder did u run window.bat ????

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reppin4you View Post
    when u opened the jailbreak folder did u run window.bat ????
    yup. i also tried doing it thru idemocracy, which opened the same thign as window.bat, same result. i've attempted every method of hacking 1.1.2 this one got me the furthest yet still failed.

Am i doomed not to have a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone?

edit:::

well, i tried again. same outcome. when i run windows.bat it tells me i need to oktoprep, jailbreak failed.

I opened up iphonebrowser and there is a touchfree folder listed.

I AM doomed not to have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone....
    Last edited by Alperovich; 2007-11-19 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

reppin4you,
    I just wanted to say thanks. Everything worked like a champ (I had upgraded to 1.1.2 weeks ago and was sad about it ever since) Your guide cut through all the confusion and gave me exactly what I wanted, a jailbroken 1.1.2 At&t phone. Thanks again!

I want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I followed your instruction and now everything works so fine on my iPhone 1.1.2.

I want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I followed your instruction and now my iFone 1.1.2 is working son fine.
    Last edited by JackieSoBe; 2007-11-19 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

yup. i also tried doing it thru idemocracy, which opened the same thign as window.bat, same result. i've attempted every method of hacking 1.1.2 this one got me the furthest yet still failed.

Am i doomed not to have a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone?

edit:::

well, i tried again. same outcome. when i run windows.bat it tells me i need to oktoprep, jailbreak failed.

I opened up iphonebrowser and there is a touchfree folder listed.

I AM doomed not to have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone....
    you sure that you're hitting shift-update not shift-restore after you install oktoprep?
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    you sure that you're hitting shift-update not shift-restore after you install oktoprep?
    yea, someone in another thread said i should try this, when i do it this way i get a error msg after updating.

unknown error 9. unable to restore.

this also did a back up when i hit update, backed up a activated phone 1.1.1 with no service, which was okay but when i rerestored back to 1.1.2, it still had no service, i had to rererestore and then activate as a new iphone and got 1.1.2 with service.

so idk, my main problem with other methods is for some reason my iphone wont connect to my 2wire router in 1.0.2 and below. it hasn't since i got my phone with 1.0.0

Thanks

So it always hangs up in the same spot!!

well finally got it after 10 or so tries
    Last edited by phifer8390; 2007-11-20 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reppin4you View Post
    I am making this thread do to confusion (I myself was very confused). Just Follow the steps listed below and you should be OK.

This is for JAILBREAKING only!!!

Downloads You Need/What You Need

-Running windows (I have XP)

-Firmware 1.1.1 (http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1355)

-Ibrickr v0.91 (http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip)

-1.1.2 Jailbreak software (http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html)

-WinRAR (http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html)(this is what I have atleast)

-Wifi Connection (I do not have one so I went to a hotspot area such as starbucks)

Step 1: If you are on this step you have firmware 1.1.2 and want to downgrade to 1.1.1 (if you do not then upgrade to 1.1.2 then proceed), (This is assuming that you already downloaded 1.1.1 from the downloads listed above). Ok now first connect your iPhone, once it comes up to iTunes hold SHIFT and click the RESTORE button and then navigate to the firmware 1.1.1. Now wait for it to unpack ect.........
    After everything has finished and error "1015" should pop up (Do NOT worry about this just click ok). Now run iBrickr and u can choose from the following options: 1)Boot iPhone or 2)Proceed to download 1.0.2
    Click OPTION #1 which is boot the iPhone.

Step 2: If you are on this step you are downgrading to 1.1.1 and have clicked the "BOOT iPhone" button on iBrickr. Now after you have done this your iPhone should boot, when iTunes comes up it will ask you to download back up activation ect......
    After everything has finished you should have firmware 1.1.1 and have "NO SERVICE" on your iPhone (DO NOT WORRY PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEPS)

Step 3: If you are on this step you have firmware 1.1.1 and dont have any services such as the phone. Know you have to connect to your wifi connection(I myself do not have a wifi connection so I just went to a local starbucks), once you have done this visit: (Jailbreakme.com). After you have done this scroll to the bottom and click the "Install AppSnapp" Button
    now your safari brower should crash and a hud should pop up and show you the status of the download (note that if the hud image does not come up after the safari crashes repeat the process until it does). After it has finished your iPhone should reboot and you will have the Intaller app.

Step 4: If you are on this step you have jailbreaked firmware 1.1.1(KEEP IN MIND THE PHONE STILL DOES NOT WORK), now go to the installer app and download "Oktoprep"
    Once you have done this connect your iPhone to iTunes and press the "UPGRADE" button, now your iPhone will go to the process of upgrading ect.......(U can hold shift and use the firmware 1.1.2 from this site or u can have iTunes automaticly get for u by simply clicking update)

Step 5: If you are on this step you now have firmware 1.1.2 and have installed "Oktoprep" from version 1.1.1(NOTE THAT THE INSTALLER APP WONT BE THERE), Now open the "1.1.2 jailbreak" folder which can be downloaded here (http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html). Now extract the contents and run "Windows.bat". Now a popup should come up asking you if you want to install ssh with the jailbreak (u can do this if you want but I did not). once you have made you decison click jailbreak!!
    After you have done this you know have to wait till it has finished intalling all the files. It will tell you to reboot your iPhone, and once it has finished rebooting it will reboot again. After it has finished the second reboot you know have JAILBROKEN 1.1.2!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION FEEL FREE TO ASK!!!

Thanx,
    Reppin4you
    Thanks for such a great how to!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to overthetop75 For This Useful Post:

deffer (2007-11-21), reppin4you (2007-11-20)

I downloaded the jailbreak and nothing happens when i hit the bat file. What am i doing wrong?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does it really matter whose guide it is? You're not making any loot off of it, so quit whining!

It won't let me update to 1.1.2. All iTunes says it to Restore to earlier point. Is there a way out of this?

THanks

[EDIT]

Got it to work, don't know what i did but it worked, lol. THis is awesome. major gratz to you
    Last edited by bigvaderb; 2007-11-20 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks

Download 1.1.2 from the download section and hold shift and press update. and navigate to 1.1.2

Default Install Latest Version of JAVA first.
    Quote Originally Posted by overthetop75 View Post
    Thanks for such a great how to!!
    thanks much. worked perfectly.
    ***NOTE (apologize if this has already been posted). IF YOU GET HUNG UP USING WINDOWS.BAT - INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION OF JAVA FIRST***

I followed the guide and everything worked great. But now Itunes is saying I have to restore my phone to use it with it? Is that normal or can I not add things to my phone from Itunes now?

*EDIT* I rebooted and it started working thanks again!!
    Last edited by deffer; 2007-11-21 at 02:48 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Does it really matter whose guide it is? You're not making any loot off of it, so quit whining!

lol loot
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Lightbulb Solution to windows.bat & osx.jar can't connect issue!
    Here it is in a nutshell:

The details of the following process can be found on conceited software's jailbreak 1.1.2 site. I got stuck at the part where you're supposed to click on "windows.bat" or "osx.jar."

iPod Touch/Mac mini (PPC)/iTunes

run jailbreak 1.1.1 from Safari/iPod jailbreak website
    on iPod, use new installer to install tweaks 1.1.1/oktoprep
    using iTunes, update iPod firmware to 1.1.2
    download jailbreak 1.1.2 from conceited software site
    unzip and run by clicking "osx"
    "can't connect, yaddi, yaddi, yadda, try again" error message
    connect to windows pc via USB
    run by clicking "windows.bat"
    "can't connect . . . " error message
    damn

I did lots of research at this point. Lots of people having the same problem. Most posts claim that you need to use a Intel Mac in order to get past this point. I don't have access to one but I have plenty of shitty Wintel PCs laying around. I get to thinking . . .

As much as I HATE to install stuff on Windows PCs that I HAVE to use (like my work laptop lol), I decided to give this a shot:

install iTunes for Windows (shudder--lots of registry stuff goes on--shudder)
    hook up iPod Touch to USB
    disconnect iPod from within iTunes
    Leave iTunes open
    click "windows.bat" and VIOLA!
    (recommended but not-required step-uninstall iTunes for Windows)

Jailbreak 1.1.2 now works perfectly and it is a blast to fool around with all of the cool new sources and apps! It literally transforms your Touch into a whole new device.

Once you find out that your beautiful new iPod Touch is now 10x more fun, you'll have no problem donating anything that you can afford to conceited software as thanks for a job well done!

Good Luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    lol loot
    I am just trying to make an easy how to

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast