Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New firmware update???

Default New firmware update???
    Can anyone tell me when the new firmware 2.0 will be out and available to to apply to the Iphone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THEREUGO View Post
    Can anyone tell me when the new firmware 2.0 will be out and available to to apply to the Iphone?
    Current speculation is that on June 9th the new 3G iPhones will be shipping with firmware 2.0 and the same day there should an iTunes update along with the release of firmware 2.0 for all iPhones.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to navalynt For This Useful Post:

THEREUGO (2008-05-22)

Okay, I understand that there will be an udate on Itunes, though unlocked Iphones cannot update their firmware on the Itunes site, it will lock the Iphone. How soon do you think it will be that it will be available for Iphone's that have the 1.1.4 firmware?

Thanks

Okay, I understand that there will be an udate on Itunes, though unlocked Iphones cannot update their firmware on the Itunes site, it will lock the Iphone. How soon do you think it will be that it will be available for Iphone's that have the 1.1.4 firmware?
    The firmware is already unlocked. It's probably be a matter of a few days between the official release of 2.0 and programs like ID3 and ZiPhone being updated to make it easy. I can't say for sure though, I'm not a dev
    Last edited by navalynt; 2008-05-22 at 11:01 PM.

No one can say for sure. We just have to be patient and see what happens on the 9th =D

Can you please give me more information on it when it comes out and is available??

Thanks

Can you please give me more information on it when it comes out and is available??
    You don't seem to understand ... EVERYTHING is speculation at this point. There is NO definite information on when it comes out or what will be available.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to navalynt For This Useful Post:

THEREUGO (2008-05-23)