Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with 1.1.2 jailbreak

Default help with 1.1.2 jailbreak
    its too hard for me,and also i have everything wrong....whats the easiest and fastest way...since i didnt have it ready when 1.1.1 and also i have itunes 7.5.... need help...like ,really bad...thanks!

Go here: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

download the file and follow these instructions:

1.1.2 Jailbreak (Updated)

**** NOTE: This method currently requires you be on 1.1.1 of the firmware. If you are on 1.1.2
    you must downgrade prior to being able to use this jailbreak. ****

Updates:
    - Activation/YouTube for iPhones
    - Added an automatic fix for SpringBoard crash problem on touches
    - PPC support
    - Some improvements to crossplatform compatibility

Step 1: Downgrade to 1.1.1 (if required)
    *** NOTE: This guide does not guarantee it will work 100%. Also errors 1015 is expected at
    the end of the process. Continue reading to understand. ***

1. Download the 1.1.1 ipsw firmware file from Apple. If the downloaded file has the extension
    ".zip", please remove it and modify it to end up with a filename ending in _Restore.ipsw

2. Reboot your iPhone holding the top (power) and home buttons BUT release the top button 10
    seconds into it (right after the screen goes dark) and continue to hold the home button until
    iTunes detects the phone in recovery mode. The iPhone screen will appear to be off, but start
    iTunes if not started yet .

3. Restore your iPhone by pressing and holding the ‘Shift’ key on windows or ‘option’ key on Mac,
    then click ‘restore’ to select the 1.1.1 firmware file you downloaded earlier. The restore should
    go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in
    DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.

4. In order to kick the phone out of that mode I just had to launch iNdependence version 1.2.5
    and wait a minute or so. If you are using iTunes 7.5 you will have to get a MobileDevice from a
    previousv version in order to run Independence.

- If iNdependence is not available or you are on a Windows machine, download a working copy of
    iPhuc and issue the following commands:
    cmd setenv auto-boot true
    cmd saveenv
    cmd fsboot

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2a: Jailbreak 1.1.1 on Unactivated iPhone
    *** NOTE: If your phone has been activated through iTunes, you can proceed to step 2b. ***

1. enter *#307# press call, now use the back button on the top of your screen to remove *#307# ,
    now enter 0 , press call, press answer, press hold, press decline. And you get to the contact
    list. And thereafter every time you push the homebutton you just slide the "emergency call"
    slide, then enter 0 , press call, press hold, press decline.

2. Push contacts, end call and you get called again, this time hit decline and you access one of
    menus with favorites, you can edit contacts, do a test ride on keyboard, take photos etc.

3. Now edit a new contact and type in "prefs://11" as web-address and "http://jailbreakme.com" as
    an additional URL.

4. When you tap "prefs://11" you can now select your favorite WiFi gateway.

5. Now press the home button and move the slider to the dial-pad.

6. Now you can go back to the contact list by Dialing 0, push call, then answer, then contacts,
    then hit the "http://jailbreakme.com" web address you typed in.

7. Scroll down to the bottom, click "Install AppSnapp". Safari will exit and you'll return to your
    springboard. Wait for the phone to reboot. You are now jailbroken. and are able to use
    Installer.app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2b: Jailbreaking on iPod Touch or iTunes Activated iPhone

1. Launch Safari

2. Visit http://jailbreakme.com, Scroll down to the bottom, click "Install AppSnapp". Safari will
    exit and you'll return to your springboard. Slide to unlock, you are now jailbroken. and are
    able to use Installer.app.

Step 3: Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

1. Launch Installer.app

2. Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)

3. Select OktoPrep

4. Click Install

Step 3b: Prevent SpringBoard crash on previous hacked iPod touches

If you have installed MobileMail on your iPod touch, there is a chance an update to 1.1.2 will
    render your device inoperable until a restore. This issue can be prevented by switching Auto-Check
    off.

- Go to General->Mail->Auto-Check. Set it to Manual.

If you forget to do this step and update, proceed with the jailbreak in step 5 (even though
    SpringBoard is unusable) and we will fix it for you.

Step 4: Update to 1.1.2

1. Connect your device to your computer

2. Launch iTunes

3. Choose your device

4. Click Update
    - If update still shows 1.1.1 as being the newest version, you may download the 1.1.2 from an
    Apple download server and shift-click (PC) or option-click (Mac) on "Check for update" and
    select the update you downloaded.

- DO NOT CLICK OR SHIFT-CLICK RESTORE: That will wipe the changes OktoPrep made.

5. Wait forever for your device to update

Step 5: Jailbreak your iPod Touch or iPhone

WARNING: If your iPhone is unactivated, it will be factory "hactivated" for you and YouTube enabled.
    If this is not desired behavior, activate your iPhone with iTunes before proceeding.

1. Close iTunes

2. Connect your device to your computer

3. On Windows, double click on windows.bat, on Mac, double click on jailbreak.jar

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the easiest way; trust me =]

Okayy,
    so as a lot of windows users are expiriencing, it's hard to get back to the 1.1.1 firmware from 1.1.2. But you don't even NEED to be on 1.1.1 to jailbreak the 1.1.2 firmware; just use iBrickr to downgrade to 1.0.2. Then, once done jailbreaking the 1.0.2 firmware, go to Browse applications>Greg's Installer 2.63(im not sure if that's the exact number version)The click it and it will upload to your phone. From there, install the following items off of installer on your phone: BSD subsystem, SSH client, MobileFinder, and most importantly OktoPrep.after those things are installed, upgrade your iphone. once your iphone is running on firmware 1.1.2, on your computer, head over to: http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

download the file provided by the link once you arrive at that page. Once you unzip the file, click on the executable file named jailbreak.jar
    Once you click on it a box should pop up with a password box containg the word alpine. Change this ONLY if you have changed your SSH client password. next to the password box is a checkbox, check it if you want, which is what i did. FINALLY, press the "jailbreak" buttton and let it be for how ever long it takes.
    there shouldd be some instructions at the end telling you to re-boot your phone. After you re-boot your phone, unlock it and your phone should automattically reboot itself. then youre done!
    i hope this works as well for you as it did for me

P.S.
    ibrickr can be a little tricky when downgrading, so if you need help just message me =]

and if ibrickr is to tricky, heres the instructions:

you open up ibrickr and it will saw either "boot phone" or "downgrade to 1.0.2"..
    click downgrade to 1.0.2 and then head over to itunes, and get on your iphone device panel/screen and hold shift, and while holding shift, press restore. select 1.0.2. at the end an error will pop up, that supposed to happen. Head back over to ibrickr and select the option "itunes says restore failed, says connect to itunes"(im not sure if that's what the MIDDLE OPTION says, if not, just choose the middle option ibrickr gives you. from there ibrickr should take you to a screen saying itunes is grumpy, press the fix it button. a message should pop up in itunes, just ignore it for now, but in five to six minutes press the okay button, exit ibrickr, and start ibrick back up again. click the Free My iPhone! button, and your iphone should start showing a bunch of text fly down your screen. about thirty seconds into the flying text, it should say done at the bottom, but it's not really done, just let ibrickr sit for 6 or 7 more minutes, or how ever long it takes until theres a button that says "sweet" on ibrickr. from there follow i brickr's and my instructions from the post. i hope this helped =]

thanks guys....i'll give it a shot!!

Stop with all that confussing junk. I am about the dumbest guy on here and this walk through guide is fail safe. I even did it around 6 times today w/o problems. only problems was trying new rouge sources in installer, causing lock ups and that is on you not the jailbreaking.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....ht=windows.bat

i did everything up too upgrading to 1.1.2 after installing oktoprep...but when i click on windows.bat it disappears..and when click on jailbreak,it stucks my computer,i already downloade the 1.1.2 jailbreak 3 times,and all the same.,how do i know or check to see if oktoprep is installed on my phone??