Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EDGE not working well

Default EDGE not working well
    Good Morning everyone!

I had to exchange my iPhone for a new one this weekend. I got my first phone in November. I jailbroke it in March and loved it. I jailbroke my new phone and it seems the Edge network is unbelievably slow. I know the network is slow to begin with, but my older iPhone went 100 times faster than this one.

For example, it took 4 minutes to load the sign in page for facebook on safari. Many times the weather will fail, and many times the maps won't load the map beacuse of how slow the connection is. I called AT&T last night and they said everything looks good in my profile.

I am wondering if because it is a new iPhone if there is more I have to do once I Jailbroke it from iLiberty+. It's so bad, I can't do anything on edge network, i have to wait until I am on wi-fi. I realize that Edge isn't fast, but it was much faster on my older phone. Any ideas? Thanks!

Another example: I'm trying to download and install something from installer. It is 344.6 KB. I have 4 bars and the little circle next to edge is rotating. It's on Downloading package. Been there for 5 minutes and it hasn't filled any of the bar at all. I am clearly having a problem with edge.
    Last edited by shoewee; 2008-05-19 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost