Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: While in WinstallerGUI i got this...

Default While in WinstallerGUI i got this...
    Looking for restore files
    Ramdisk: 009-7698-4.dmg
    Kernelcache: kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb
    Terminating CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
    This version of iTunesMobileDevice.dll is not supported
    Error initializing communications with iPhone.

Thats my report or what you want to call it... how do i make it successful?

I am running 1.1.2 atm and i am tryign to get my phone back in working order for tmobile. im not really good at iphone stuff i just need someone to run me through it like on AIM or MSN or something so if you can post here please or a solution. i try to follow guides but i always get stuck sumwhere
    Last edited by polishgonewild; 2007-11-16 at 02:48 AM.

Default Winstaller errors
    Hi, just spotted your message. Did you manage to get round the error reported, as I have same problem...

I found this topic and I had the same problem, I'm not an iPhone troubleshooter or anything but I managed to resolve the issue and thought would post here since there are a lot of unanswered problems on many topics, and it drives me crazy...

I have the latest iTunes 7.5, but I don't see how this could affect the process as WinstallerGUI terminates iTunes before it starts, so I had iDemocracy on my PC and I found iTunesMobileDevice.dll in it's directory, so I copied it and replaced the one in the WinstallerGUI directory with that one, and it worked fine...

I'm really sick of all the guides on this site as non of them is complete, there always seems to be a problem somewhere, like the one I'm following now, I had to work around it for the fourth time now, and spent over 36 continueos hours trying to complete a 1.1.1 unlock, I don't mind bricking my iPhone as I can buy 10 replacements, it's only the challenge of doing something that keeps me going...