Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! I have an unlocked 1.0.0 iphone how do i upgrade to 1.1.1

Unhappy HELP!!! I have an unlocked 1.0.0 iphone how do i upgrade to 1.1.1
    hi to all pls help me with upgrading...i have an unlocked 1.0 iphone and not a 1.0.2...pls help me all the upgrade instructions i see is for 1.0.2 phones

it is by far the most easy mod you can do:
    1.- Get Firmware 1.1.1
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...Download_Links
    2.- Update or restore your iphone in itunes by clicking "ALT OPTION" key on mac or control on PC AND the "Restore" or "Update" button....
    3.- a "OPEN FILE DIALOG" will appear, select the firmware file 1.1.1
    let your phone update
    4.- after the update, your phone will be locked.... just follow this easy tutorial to unlock and activate iphone
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...out_of_the_box
    hope it helps!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jarpod For This Useful Post:

icr8things (2007-11-18)

Quote Originally Posted by jarpod View Post
    it is by far the most easy mod you can do:
    1.- Get Firmware 1.1.1
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...Download_Links
    2.- Update or restore your iphone in itunes by clicking "ALT OPTION" key on mac or control on PC AND the "Restore" or "Update" button....
    3.- a "OPEN FILE DIALOG" will appear, select the firmware file 1.1.1
    let your phone update
    4.- after the update, your phone will be locked.... just follow this easy tutorial to unlock and activate iphone
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...out_of_the_box
    hope it helps!
    ok will try this later hope this works thanks

oh man i bricked my phone....wont even restore in itunes it says iphone is damaged pls help....
    Last edited by icr8things; 2007-11-18 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did you virginized your phone first?? What kind of error you are getting? Try to go into DFU mode and restore it. Jailbreak it and download the virginzier in installer and run it, it should virginzed your phone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dualmax For This Useful Post:

icr8things (2007-11-18)

Thanks

virginze unlocked iphone before upgrading...grrrrrrrrrrrr,,thats was bad info given to you earlier

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jedinight For This Useful Post:

icr8things (2007-11-18)

thanks a lot for this guys as i am really desperate now....

no i didnt virginize :P ....i got error when im trying to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 after extracting software...iphone cannot be restored unknown error (1) when i click ok it just ejects my iphone....what to do what to do...

im trying this
    ok so i have the latest i tunes 7.5 tried independence but now it wont work....also tried iActivator and also wont work....currently downloading itunes 7.4 to get independence to work

+ jailbreakmedotcom is not responding... running out of options here

to clear things.....here is what i did from the beginning
    ///////////////

i had a working unlocked 1.0.0 iphone which i wanted to upgrade to 1.1.1 for the mods etc.....
    i followed jarpod's instructions and forgot to virginize my phone so i got the upgrade / jailbroken / installed anysim
    after installing anysim the mod didnt work...so i figured i did something wrong...and installed onesim after installing and running onesim i uninstalled and installed *again anysim and still it didnt work so i restored my phone again and said that my iphone is damaged so i went to restore mode (holding power + home button) and tried to restore from 1.1.1 to 1.02 which gave me this error (iphone cannot be restored unknown error (1)) i just restored it again to 1.1.1 and www.jailbreakme.com is unresponsive so im stuck.....

UPDATE----

I solved the problems / unbricked my iphone and running 1.1.1 whoooo....Thats a relief...
    Last edited by icr8things; 2007-11-19 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default reply
    YOU NEED TO VIRGINIZE BEFORE UPGRADING OR U WILL LITERALLY FUC* IT PLS VIRGINIZE JUST TAKE A LOOK ON THE INTERNET AND YOU WILL FIND AN EASY GUIDE
    To check out my blog just type bilsta57 into the google search bar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icr8things View Post
    thanks a lot for this guys as i am really desperate now....

no i didnt virginize :P ....i got error when im trying to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 after extracting software...iphone cannot be restored unknown error (1) when i click ok it just ejects my iphone....what to do what to do...

im trying this
    ok so i have the latest i tunes 7.5 tried independence but now it wont work....also tried iActivator and also wont work....currently downloading itunes 7.4 to get independence to work

+ jailbreakmedotcom is not responding... running out of options here

to clear things.....here is what i did from the beginning
    ///////////////

i had a working unlocked 1.0.0 iphone which i wanted to upgrade to 1.1.1 for the mods etc.....
    i followed jarpod's instructions and forgot to virginize my phone so i got the upgrade / jailbroken / installed anysim
    after installing anysim the mod didnt work...so i figured i did something wrong...and installed onesim after installing and running onesim i uninstalled and installed *again anysim and still it didnt work so i restored my phone again and said that my iphone is damaged so i went to restore mode (holding power + home button) and tried to restore from 1.1.1 to 1.02 which gave me this error (iphone cannot be restored unknown error (1)) i just restored it again to 1.1.1 and www.jailbreakme.com is unresponsive so im stuck.....

UPDATE----

I solved the problems / unbricked my iphone and running 1.1.1 whoooo....Thats a relief...
    -----------------------------

please share how u solved ur problem

Hello!

I figured that I would post here since it is the closest that I have found to my issue and did not want to create a new post.

I just acquired a 4gb iPhone with the 1.0.2 firmware. I do not know if the phone is locked or unlocked. I am able to sync it with the iTunes client (runnning 7.5 now).

I want to try the pay as you go plane with AT&T to see if I like the network (for calls). I have a few smartphones with Sprint now, but I like the iPhone and may switch when my contract is up.

From what I understand, I need to upgrade to 1.1.1 before I can jailbreak. It that correct? Also, how do I know if I need to virginize my iPhone and how can I do it if I need to?

Can I use iTunes 7.5 for the firmware? If not, how can I get an earlier version?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edit: FYI, I am running Vista Home Premium on a PC.
    Last edited by Hank3rd; 2008-01-20 at 10:41 PM.
    My Auction Forums-Let's talk eBay!

I have nor heard anything and I tried to do the "control" and restore and it will not work. It is updating from the server and offering 1.1.3 only. It does not bring up a dialog for selecting 1.1.1
    My Auction Forums-Let's talk eBay!