Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voicemail Notification

Default Voicemail Notification
    HI All,

I have a 1.1.1 out of the box jailbroken using jailbreakme.com, unlocked using AnySim. On Orange in UK.

The problem I have is i cannot clear my voicemail notification, i have the red dot on voicemail, i have deleted all voicemails and the dot should go, right?

Well it stays and i can't get rid of it, any ideas???

Please i have spent hours reading diffrent forums with no joy.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!! Anyone????
    Last edited by ajfoggy; 2007-11-15 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi,

I'm wondering if you've managed to solve this problem yet as I'm in the same situation with an unlocked phone on Orange UK.

Weirdly I've only starting having this issue since upgrading to 1.1.2. Previously on 1.1.1 I didn't get any notifications at all (which is actually better than being constantly reminded about phantom voicemails...)

I have a feeling this is to do with using a 3G sim in the iPhone (a friend has working voicemail indicator on Orange with a 2G sim and I've seen similar things in relation to Rogers) so I've asked Orange to send out a new 2G sim to see if that helps.

On a parallel tack I've also hacked around a bit with com.apple.carrier.plist to see if any other the voicemail entries (eg voicemail_context) make any difference here - so far no luck.

It is incredibly irritating though, so I share your pain!

Quote Originally Posted by doddsi View Post
    Hi,

I'm wondering if you've managed to solve this problem yet as I'm in the same situation with an unlocked phone on Orange UK.

Weirdly I've only starting having this issue since upgrading to 1.1.2. Previously on 1.1.1 I didn't get any notifications at all (which is actually better than being constantly reminded about phantom voicemails...)

I have a feeling this is to do with using a 3G sim in the iPhone (a friend has working voicemail indicator on Orange with a 2G sim and I've seen similar things in relation to Rogers) so I've asked Orange to send out a new 2G sim to see if that helps.

On a parallel tack I've also hacked around a bit with com.apple.carrier.plist to see if any other the voicemail entries (eg voicemail_context) make any difference here - so far no luck.

It is incredibly irritating though, so I share your pain!
    This fixed mine

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18619