Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Really need some help here!!

Default Really need some help here!!
    Okay, so I was using my iPhone today at a friend's house. I wanted to show her "vWallpaper", and it kept crashing everytime I tried loading the app. Eventually I just gave up and wanted to use the other functions of the phone. But as I tried clicking any of the applications, they would just became grayer and not open up.

I've turned on and off the phone MANY times in hopes that this was just no big deal. But now it's not letting me open ANY app (1st or 3rd party). I'm really not sure what to do here and I'm very frightened.

I can't even put the phone on "Sleep Mode" the phone's screen just stays on.

I'm running 1.1.4, jailbroken, unlocked [T-Mobile US].

A friend suggested restoring and using ZiPhone to unbrick it or something. But I've heard many mixed things about the program. I'm very confused and unsure of what measures to take to fix the phone.

Please help!!

Try forcing it off, and leave it off for a while. After that, turn it on and off a few times. When it goes on, just leave it alone and let it eventually sleep on its on. After a few times that should help..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Safari For This Useful Post:

NOLabels (2008-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Safari View Post
    Try forcing it off, and leave it off for a while. After that, turn it on and off a few times. When it goes on, just leave it alone and let it eventually sleep on its on. After a few times that should help..
    I'll try that and let you know what happens.
    If it doesn't work - should I restore? Would it brick my phone?

EDIT: It worked, thank you so much!
    Last edited by NOLabels; 2008-05-18 at 06:06 AM.

You should SSH into your phone and delete the vWallpaper.app from the applications folder on your phone.

Then everything should work again.

If not, you will have to restore your phone.

Hope that helps ya.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a