Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to get jailbroken iPhone replaced

Default Need to get jailbroken iPhone replaced
    My iPhone seems to have that screen problem with color banding and pixelation. It is currently jailbroken and has not been activated with ATT or any other service.

Will Apple replace it? Should I fully restore it and not activate it before sending it in?

I am also thinking about taking it to the boylston st apple store but I'm guessing they might give me a hard time?

Cheers!

Here is a mock up of what my problem is

Last edited by higherdegree; 2008-05-17 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Connect to iTunes and RESTORE. Then take to apple and see if they'll warranty it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

higherdegree (2008-05-18)

Thanks

Restore. Don't restore from backup for the truly paranoid because it will port other app settings over.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

higherdegree (2008-05-18)

Thanks, I will restore. My only worry is that they might become suspicious if I was to take it to the apple store myself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by higherdegree View Post
    Thanks, I will restore. My only worry is that they might become suspicious if I was to take it to the apple store myself.

Why? When did you buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Why? When did you buy it?
    Just thought they would think something is up since they'd be seeing a nearly 8th month old (Got it in Sep right after price drop) phone that's never been activated.

Will give it a shot though.

Thanks

Wow, i dont think they'll replace it. 90 warrenty is over. You might get help but replacement is 50-50

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by higherdegree View Post
    Just thought they would think something is up since they'd be seeing a nearly 8th month old (Got it in Sep right after price drop) phone that's never been activated.

Will give it a shot though.
    Probably won't get it replaced, if it hasn't been activated from that long ago they'll ask why. Maybe say you were in Costa Rica on business and got back 3 days ago?

Yeah you are gonna need to have an excuse for not activating because in just about every case, you need to have your phone activated...

activate a pre paid card and wish for the best. make sure you have excuses for all the questions

Your buddy bought it a long time ago, he finally gave it to you after a LONG business trip to __________ and then you finally activated it, but hold out for another week or 2 before going back...

I also have a problem with my iPhone screen and need to get it replaced. I heard that you need to bring in your iphone activated with an AT&T sim card, and if they do replace it they'll activate your iphone at the apple store. But my problem is that i have T-Mobile, i can get an At&T simcard from a friend but i'm not sure about the activating part. What do i do?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

dont the phones come with att sim in them., to activate a prepaid plan jsut give ur info with ur social security number one digit off, so u fail there credit check then they ask if u wanna do prepaid and they will ask for ur info again this time tell the truth. blamo 50 dollar prepaid plane
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have replaced 2... they do need to be activated ( unless they are totaly fried... ) ance once they replace them, you do activate them right there in the store... you only add your backup info once you get home.

At least in my 2 experiences

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Kinda unrelated to the OP's question but I just got an iPhone on sunday the 18th. If the new phones come out June 15th, will AT&T let me take this iPhone back and exchange it? On every other phone you have 30 days to bring it back if you don't like it, I was just wondering if they changed the rules for the iPhone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tv_payne View Post
    I have replaced 2... they do need to be activated ( unless they are totaly fried... ) ance once they replace them, you do activate them right there in the store... you only add your backup info once you get home.

At least in my 2 experiences
    they dont have to be activated. This one guy came in with an unactivated iphone. They didnt really ask why, but they replaced it for him. So if they do ask you, make up a story.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

its not the jalbreka problem, yeah send it in.