Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just a few questions i couldent find with independent research

Default Just a few questions i couldent find with independent research
    I recently got an 8 gig Iphone. And i just had a few questions that i couldent find the answers too.
    I am currently already on an AT&T plan. But i dont want to have to resign a contract or upgrade my plan. I just want to use it as a normal ipod and be able to call and text people. Both of which are already on my current plan. Is it possible to jail break it to use it on the AT&T service? And if so, how do i go about it?

Thanks a ton in advance for the answers guys.

lots and lots o' love,
    tyler

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Its possible.
    Download Ziphone ( ZiPhone's Blog ),and click JAILBREAK ONLY.
    After a few minutes,you will see installer icon...

Ok, well i dwlded the recomended software and it installed smoothly. I plugged my iphone into my laptop and it read it, i clicked only jailbreak. It started running and said "if process continues for more then 3 minutes please close program and restart." so mine ran longer then 3 minutes, so i closed it and restarted it.
    So i plugged in my iphone and turned it back on and it started running white text over a black backround reading
    BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0

so i have no idea what to do from here. Just let it keep running? Unplug and let the battery run out?
    Any sugestions?

lots and lots o' love,
    tyler

This is why I don´t recommend Ziphone for everything... You should have been waiting till it went through the jailbreaking job...

Now it looks like that you have to restore your phone to your wanted FW and then jailbreak again.

This time you should use Pwnage Tool when you´re on Mac, WinPwn or iLiberty+ when you´re on Windows.

This progs will do the job fine and they will not f*ck up your phone...

Hope that helps ya.

Keep us posted.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Like i said i am a complete noob at this, what is a "wanted FW"? And what are "progs" guys

What should i do at this point? I let the battery run out and plugged it in this morning, and it went to the same BSD Root ect ect.

Thanks again guys, i cannot thank you enough for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.... View Post
    Like i said i am a complete noob at this, what is a "wanted FW"? And what are "progs" guys

What should i do at this point? I let the battery run out and plugged it in this morning, and it went to the same BSD Root ect ect.

Thanks again guys, i cannot thank you enough for your help.
    Dont worry, you will get helped here for sure.

FW= firmware= version of your iPhones OS(operating system)
    progs= programs which you run on your computer.

Connect your phone to your computer, open iTunes and restore it to factory settings(the button under check for updates).

Go ahead and download iDemocracy3 when your on a mac or on Win or iLiberty+ also availiable for both systems.

Install the program on your computer, make sure your phone is still connected, execute the program on your computer, select your wanted options in the program and start it. Dont touch your phone while the program is doing its job!!!

Hope this helps you out.

Keep us posted.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

I plug my phone in, but it Itunes is not recognizing it. Still giving me the whole BSD root screen. I cant find in itunes where to restore it. Any ideas?

I tried to dwld iLiberty+ but when i do, it tries to open in windows photo viewer and wont let me open in any other way.

Thanks again for helping.
    Lots and lots o' love,
    tyler

PS. If you would rather take this convo to email instead of clogging up the board with useless junk, my email is [email protected]

thanks again!

If this helps at all, i unplugged in in the middle of the BSD root screen and it said
    waiting for a core reset
    waiting for AHB idle
    core reset complete
    message cable isconnected, starting stack
    ipod stack can't start! Need configuration

between all those it would say AppleS58900 and either USBwrangler, or IpodHAL after those numbers.

FINALLY!
    I found a tutorial on youtube that gave idiot easy directions. And it worked. Thanks a ton for your help guys.

So now that its fixed, what should i use to jail break it?
    Last edited by tyler....; 2008-05-19 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost