Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does the Wifi Jailbreak on uk Iphones work?

Default Does the Wifi Jailbreak on uk Iphones work?
    hey, this if my first post - evidently. & I'd really appreciate it if someone helped me out here.

I purchased my iphone earlier on today but havn't yet opened & attempted to jailbreak & unlock it. (Thought i'd better do research first).

Anyway, I'm in the UK and i read somewhere that iphones released here on o2 currently are on firmware 1.1.2. I havn't checked mine yet but its very possible it is 1.1.2. (i dont know) If it is, is there any relatively easy way to downgrade my firmware to 1.1.1? (so i can jailbreak & unlock through wifi very simply?)

Basically, if I did downgrade my firmware to 1.1.1 would the guide linked below still work? It uses AT&T sims as an example at one point and theres a possibility that it might not work for UK iphones.

http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php...out_of_the_box

To put it simply:
    1) Does the guide linked above work for UK iphones on 1.1.1?
    2) If my iphone currently is on 1.1.2, is there a way to downgrade it to 1.1.1?

Many thanks for taking time to read this and/or replying

goldenflare

it is possilbe but i wouldnt do it, UK phones have a different Bootloader, it is not compatable with bbupdater so you cant downgrade you basband, you could downgrade to 1.1.1 then unlock yousing anysim 1.2u but not i dont recommend it at this time.

Yes, it is very easy to downgrade to 1.1.1.

Also, if you have an o2 sim, you can have it fully working on 1.1.2 with no unlock.

However, if you don't have an o2 sim, you can have a fully functioning ipod touch on 1.1.2 if you follow these instructions:

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15837

Thanks for your replys =]

that links cleared up a few things. ty!