Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone crashing....

Default iPhone crashing....
    Hi All,
    Yesterday I went to take a photo on my unlocked/jailbroken iPhone, and I got an error about there not being enough space. I deleted an image, and still got the same error.

I found something about needing to free up some space, so I installed openSSH and there the problems _really_ started. Before I started poking around on the device, I tried the camera again. This time the phone crashed and rebooted.

Fearing I'd bricked it, I tried a restore through itunes, and rejailbreak/unlocked it. This worked, but the camera still causes the phone to reboot. I tried restoring and using ZIphone, and Liberty+ and neither has brought the camera app back to life.

This morning, when phone went to sleep, it refused to turn on - the only way to get it to do so was to hold the power+home button down.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get the phone up and running 'normally'?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

You will have to restore. Then after restore use boss tool to relocate apps and free up space
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

By restore, you mean put in maintainence mode, and restore through iTunes right? I've done that.

What do you recommend to rejail break and install boss tools?

Also, is it worth downgrading and reupgrading?
    Last edited by b0redom; 2008-05-16 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks

PUT IN DFU MODE (hold power and home button down and when it turns off let off power and keep holding home button to enter DFU mode)AND IN ITUNES WHEN YOU SELECT RESTORE HOLD DOWN SHIFT BUTTON AND LOAD FIRMWARE FILE AND THEN REJAILBREAK THEN INSTALL BSD SUBSYSTEM THEN BOSS TOLL AND RELOCATE FONTS, RINGTONES AND APPS. Sorry about caps.

No probs. What firmware would you suggest? I only have 1.1.4 (from iTunes) - do you recommend a different one, and if so, where can I get it?

What software do you recommend for jailbreaking? Liberty+? ZIphone?

Cheers...

Thanks

I do recommend 1.1.4. look under download section then in firmware and get it there.

If you have att account i used ziphone and did a jailbreak only.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 2008-05-16 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

1.1.4 is the most acctuall by that time.... I would suggest it too... ))

OK, may be making some (very slow) progress. I've now reflashed iPhone with 1.1.4 (from iTunes). Next I installed Ziphone, and ONLY unlocked it and activated it. Now when I fire up iTunes, I see capacity 7.27GB - used 183MB (Other). What is that data?

I don't have any pics/music on there, and there's no where near that number of contacts. I suspect that's what's giving me problems.

Anyone?
    Last edited by b0redom; 2008-05-17 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost