Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.0 to 1.1.2 uh-oh...

Default 1.1.0 to 1.1.2 uh-oh...
    So I've recently been having some small glitches on my unlocked 1.1.0 iphone. I decided to restore the firmware to see if that would help. However I did not realize that iTunes first downloads the latest version of the firmware avaliable (v1.1.2) before going ahead with the restore. So now I have a bricked iphone that gives me the "incorrect sim" notification. I tried downgrading the firmware back to 1.1.0 by first downgrading itunes and then running the 1.1.0 firmware restore, but it still is stuck in its bricked form. Is there anything I can do, or do I now have a $300 paperweight to deal with?
    thanks
    robbie

Oh no! I would recommend that you try and use one of the many unbricking guides out there, like this one:

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...radingBaseband

however, they may only work on 1.1.1 basebands, which are changed to 4.02.13 on upgrade to 1.1.2. So try and downgrade your baseband first? I suppose you've got nothing to lose if you've already bricked it.

Blah, alright. Thanks for the suggestion. Does anyone else have any ideas?

UPDATE[8:46] For anyone who cares I've made some progress. I downgraded the firmware to 1.1.0 using an older version of windows (yes again, I've been at this all day) and then ran wiNstaller to jailbreak it. I now have an iphone with no phone service. Better than nothing i guess. Any ideas on what to do next?

This looks like it has some potential, I'm trying it right now. http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15971
    Last edited by robbienakata; 2007-11-16 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I did the same thing...

For whatever reason, I was able to downgrade the firmware from 1.1.2 to 1.0.2 through iTunes. It will give you an error when it's done, and the phone will say "connect to iTunes," but opening iNdependence, closing iTunes, and waiting a minute or so frees the phone up.

What I found is that after doing this, you have a jailbroken/deactivated phone on 1.0.2 that can be jailbroken. The unlock (for me) was already done...and T-Mobile showed up on the top.

I've actually done this twice now, and have a phone that's FUNCTIONING, but I can't get installer.app to install (just hangs up). I'm going to try installing via jailbreakme.com...cuz I desperately need to reinstall BSD subsystem.

This is madness.