Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tried to do upgrade to 1.1.3 and no options now

Default tried to do upgrade to 1.1.3 and no options now
    I have a new unlocked iphone.
    I'm in Canada.
    Phone says 8 GB 1.1.2 (3B48B) Version and firmware 04.03.13_G

I tried to upgrade and install a 1.1.3 version from a site I think was bogboss(?). After in installed it knocked my "installer" icon off my home screen. I had previously added 2 installations that created their own icons and the screen was filled up.

Now the icon says "Upgrade" and is "an apple with prison bars infront of it that are busted open". When I press this I get the message:

Patch lockdownd
    Would you like to use hacktivation (not recommended if you can activate via Itunes)?
    then options yes or no.

Regardless of what I select the next screen says:

Restore Device
    Would you like to restore your device (recommended)? All content, settings and music will be deleted.
    then options yes or no.

Regardless of what option I pick I get a flash to a black screen with "Initializing" ...some spinning..then immediately "Download something..", some spinning... then immediately, fast new screen with a word starting with "Extracting(?) restore (?)" or sometihng like that that is flicked too fast for me to catch for sure.

So - I no longer have an "Installer" icon on my screen and the "Upgrade" icon doesn't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

My other icons still work - weather, maps, calendar, clock .... and my phone, mail, safari all work. I've never used the ipod yet anyways.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dar View Post
    I have a new unlocked iphone.
    I'm in Canada.
    Phone says 8 GB 1.1.2 (3B48B) Version and firmware 04.03.13_G

I tried to upgrade and install a 1.1.3 version from a site I think was bogboss(?). After in installed it knocked my "installer" icon off my home screen. I had previously added 2 installations that created their own icons and the screen was filled up.

Now the icon says "Upgrade" and is "an apple with prison bars infront of it that are busted open". When I press this I get the message:

Patch lockdownd
    Would you like to use hacktivation (not recommended if you can activate via Itunes)?
    then options yes or no.

Regardless of what I select the next screen says:

Restore Device
    Would you like to restore your device (recommended)? All content, settings and music will be deleted.
    then options yes or no.

Regardless of what option I pick I get a flash to a black screen with "Initializing" ...some spinning..then immediately "Download something..", some spinning... then immediately, fast new screen with a word starting with "Extracting(?) restore (?)" or sometihng like that that is flicked too fast for me to catch for sure.

So - I no longer have an "Installer" icon on my screen and the "Upgrade" icon doesn't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

My other icons still work - weather, maps, calendar, clock .... and my phone, mail, safari all work. I've never used the ipod yet anyways.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.
    If you have a jailbroken iphone/ipod, you should never "update" it. You need to load itunes and put the iphone into restore mode. Restore to 1.1.4. Setup as NEW and then run you favorite jailbreak software, etc, iliberty, pawnage (if you are on a mac) or winpwn with windows.