Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO]: Jailbreak an Out of the Box 1.1.2 Firmware iPhone (AKA euro iPhone)

Quote Originally Posted by xertef View Post
    Hi Nasinn,

I'm also having the same problem... Tried it many times but still the same...

Anyone who can help us?? Are we suppose to leave the sim in the iphone or take it out?

Cheers!
    Xertef
    Leave the sim in, it doesn't matter. KEEP TRYING!

It sometime takes a while, be patient, once you click the link, don't touch it for about 5mins. If it doesn't reboot, then try again.

It sometimes took me only 1 try, sometimes 100! So it should eventually work.

You will only have to do this once, and you will be so happy when it works!

Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    Leave the sim in, it doesn't matter. KEEP TRYING!

It sometime takes a while, be patient, once you click the link, don't touch it for about 5mins. If it doesn't reboot, then try again.

It sometimes took me only 1 try, sometimes 100! So it should eventually work.

You will only have to do this once, and you will be so happy when it works!

okay so can anyone tell me if my set up is right ?

first of all i have a (us bought iphone) ill i want to do is get third party apps. and imdoing this on a powerbook not an intel mac

okay with thats said i fallow the steps go throught the motions but when i go to upgrade the phone to 1.1.2 its goes and does it but the installer icon is gone i think thats normal and then i go to use jailbreak and jailbreak starts and then reboots the phone but it reboots it to the itunes screen what am i doing wrong or do i have to just keep doing it till it works? or am i doing it wrong ? please help i need my apollo im text messages are going to kill me !!

okay i like most ppl need help !!
    first things im using a powerbook and ill i want to do is get third party apps im not looking to unlock the phone.

well i got through the instructions and i downgrade fine but when i go to upgrade to 1.1.2 the phone seems like its going throught he motions but when i get to the part where i use jailbreak it opens up and it doesnt do anything just runs through says its loading images and stuff but does not reboot the phone or anything is my phone jailbroken how do i know am i doing anything wrong ? pleas help !
    Last edited by rhino420; 2007-11-29 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi guys,

Another question for you, not wanting to sound like a plumb here but I have to ask..

I've got a 1.1.2 otb (week 45), I've followed the instructions to the letter down graded then upgraded and all have been successful except for the final part of adding in the lockdownd file into the file system.

I can place the file, set the permissions and boot the phone. However, when the phone comes back to life with a UK O2 contract sim in it doesn't recognise it and gives me the wrong sim error. I also don't seem tohave the EDGE settings menu within Networks.

I've reset the phone back to the begining and run through the entire process twice now and I get the same results both times.

The O2 sim card does have a Sim Lock password set on but I wouldn't have thought that would have casued a problem would it?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tip

Quote Originally Posted by Tipowski View Post
    Hi guys,

Another question for you, not wanting to sound like a plumb here but I have to ask..

I've got a 1.1.2 otb (week 45), I've followed the instructions to the letter down graded then upgraded and all have been successful except for the final part of adding in the lockdownd file into the file system.

I can place the file, set the permissions and boot the phone. However, when the phone comes back to life with a UK O2 contract sim in it doesn't recognise it and gives me the wrong sim error. I also don't seem tohave the EDGE settings menu within Networks.

I've reset the phone back to the begining and run through the entire process twice now and I get the same results both times.

The O2 sim card does have a Sim Lock password set on but I wouldn't have thought that would have casued a problem would it?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tip
    can you try removing the password before putting it in you iPhone? Worth a try.

Tried that, still no joy...

should it be just a case of changing that lockdownd file, rebooting and then putting in the o2 card and it'll work?

Thanks

ok guys i don't get it....
    i've got a french one and it is 1.1.2 and baseband 04.02.13_G.....
    so can i do this or not

thanks

I can't see a reason why not.

will i be able to use a vodafone sim?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

iPhone? More like MyPhone coiledserpent's Avatar
    Thanks
    i done this to a t but ran into probs when i installed something and i had to restore but now it wont let me activate it or jailbreak again.
    the tiff exploit is pacthed after jailbreak is it not?is that why i cant do it again.
    how can i get around this???

Quote Originally Posted by coiledserpent View Post
    i done this to a t but ran into probs when i installed something and i had to restore but now it wont let me activate it or jailbreak again.
    the tiff exploit is pacthed after jailbreak is it not?is that why i cant do it again.
    how can i get around this???

When you restored it did you put 1.1.1 back onto it or let Itunes update it to 1.1.2?

If its 1.1.1 then you will be able to get away with using the TIFF exploit method, if 1.1.2 then use the other jailbreak method, both ways are in the gude at the start of this.

Tip

hi there
    i have a out of the box 1.1.2 iphone. i used the jailbreakme.com instructions to downgrade to version 1.1.1, with the modem set as 04.02.13_G. So i can install apps and customize the phone. But every time i turn the iphone off and turn it back on, i cannot bypass the 'connect to itunes', unless i start up IPhuc and type in those three commands.

Is there a way around having to do this each time i turn it on?
    Also, how do i go about activating the iphone, or should i just leave it until a 1.1.2 sim unlock comes about?

thanks for the time
    Darren

hi.

tried doing as per instructions.
    But, when iphone is connected to the computer..(i'm using a PC), pressing down the buttons, itunes came up with a fatal error. and can no longer start.

any idea what's wrong? after uninstalling then re-installing itunes, itunes can no longer start up and it prompts ;

AppName: itunes.exe AppVer: 7.5.0.20 ModName: unknown
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0000b77d

any solutions? if this's the case, meaning i cant use itunes anymore to downgrade the firmware right?

appreciate if anyone could help.

Hi i am jailbreaking a otb 1.1.2 for a friend and after i ran the windows.bat on the phone it reboted and just went to the springboard not to the activation screen. does this mean i don't need to do the part after it with the lockdown file? Thanks in advance

Hi,

thanks a lot for that great tutorial, I was able to jailbreak and activate mi UK Iphone following your instructions.

One thing is still unclear, I hope someone can help me with that.
    I have an UK IPhone and used the lockdownd file for all O2 sims, but that file does not seem to work with a german O2 sim.

Could someone maybe point me in the right direction, if it may be possible to patch the lockdownd file also for a german O2 sim.

Tanks a lot,
    Dominik

@jaredb03,

The lockdown part is what unlocks the phone to o2

hi guys im new to this website but not to the whole hacking buisness i just want to get a few things sorted i have a 1.1.2 out of box iphone i want applications on it i have read on different websites for hours before i do it i want to know could iu use idemocracy and just click on jailbreak 1.1.2 ? that way simple also i read that once people jailbreak there phones they have no service im on 02 im happy with it i use youtube poeple have had problems with that i want it exactly same as it is now everything working just with app installer for games etc ? is this possible ? cos im confused with all the problems and im sure im not the only one thanks guys

jonny

Default jailbreak 1.1.2 OOB german one unlocked (999 EUR)
    guys,

friend bought the unlocked one in germany, can it be jailbroken using this method? will it work in other country than germany ? what lockdown file to use?

regards

EDGE settings:

If you are on an O2 contract (untested with PAYG) then use this for EDGE settings (Settings->General->Network->EDGE):

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
    username: faster
    password: web

I Have put the modded lockdown files on my Iphones Via Win SCP.. No i have rebooted the phones and put a PAY&GO sim card in..

AND i get Reception on my iphone..

However i want to correct my EDGE settings how do i do it.. when i SETTING >General> Network

I dont see EDGE... what do i do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Richmond, Darlington, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks

I've also have this problem of, EDGE not being on the settings, I'm bothered by this as I've just been given a free 5 usage of EDGE by O2, and I wouldn't mind using it, lol

I have a question. I may be putting the cart before the horse here but i have an existing account with att. I have an iphone but i dont take possesion of it till x-mas.
    My question is this, if i do the above guide to the T and i get my sim working what steps will i have to do to get my voicemail working. I see the steps for o2 but what are the steps for AT&T. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast