Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO]: Jailbreak an Out of the Box 1.1.2 Firmware iPhone (AKA euro iPhone)

i need help!!
    i dont get what that means: " If you are using iTunes 7.5 you will have to get a MobileDevice from a
    previousv version in order to run Independence".

my case: runing on a mac with a 1.1.2 iphone. i would like to go back to 1.1.1 or even an earlier version.
    can anyone explain me step by step how to do that, cause it seems im a bit too much retarded for that kind of thing!
    thanks thanks!!
    Last edited by dams1707; 2007-11-25 at 09:57 PM.

HHHHEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!. I just purchased a new 8GB iphone yesterday here in Boston. It came out of the box on firmware version 1.1.2. I also purchased iphone sim free and when I go to use it, I keep getting "baseband communication error." I finally wound up downgrading back to version 1.0.2 and using my Turbo Sim to unlock it. Is there anyway to fix this.

hi.. i did everything but i did it with my own SIM card on it.. and the activation was fine but it doesn't get my carrier... keep saying "incorrect SIM", do i have to repeat all the process with the AT&T SIM card??

my iPhone was bought it with the 1.1.2 already installed and i made a downgrade to the 1.1.1 previously...

Default No Unlock For Iphone Otb V1.1.2 Yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by ccscreative View Post
    hi.. i did everything but i did it with my own SIM card on it.. and the activation was fine but it doesn't get my carrier... keep saying "incorrect SIM", do i have to repeat all the process with the AT&T SIM card??

my iPhone was bought it with the 1.1.2 already installed and i made a downgrade to the 1.1.1 previously...

Guys, There is no known unlock yet for iphone version V1.1.2 yet... It is because of the bootloader version 4.6!!
    Altho, some hackers/programmers maybe comp engineers manage to dump the bootloader...it is complex stuff now mann...
    Meanwhile catch ur breath n wait for sum experts to come out w a solution..Well of course u can try..

correct me if im wrong. but,
    A bootloader is a series of codes that run immmediately when ur device is started up, even before ur OS. It is supposedly contain inside ur ROM..So, it aint easy stuff here! Check out Hackintosh website. They hv more info abt dump bootloader..

Default And what happens if..
    And what happens if I've an iPhone 1.1.2 OOB (bought in USA) and I've an AT&T SIM cause I'm a customer. If I downgrade to 1.1.1 I can use the SIM (an AT&T Sim) so I can use my iPhone as a real iPhone?

Any sucess stories about this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello there, everything eventually worked for me however i am trying to ssh my phone however my ftp client will not allow me to connect to my phone.

I keep getting authentication failed, alpine, dottie do not seem to work.

Im using cyberduck FTP client.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how i can sort this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by scooba View Post
    Hello there, everything eventually worked for me however i am trying to ssh my phone however my ftp client will not allow me to connect to my phone.

I keep getting authentication failed, alpine, dottie do not seem to work.

Im using cyberduck FTP client.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how i can sort this problem?
    check that ssh is turned on, you havn't changed your password have you? are you using sftp, you need to. are you using port 22?

It will take about 30 seconds to connect the first time, after that it will be very quick.

This is weird but after playing around with 1.1.1 for 2wks i updated to 1.1.2. I didnt ssh lockdownd into iphone but iTunes did not bring me to the activation page anyway. Is this normal?

okay i have no idea what im doing wrong i tried to fallow the directions i have a otb iphone with 1.1.2 i downgraded it to 1.1.1 everything when fine did the installer.app everything to the "t" up until i update it to 1.1.2 it updates just fine but then when i go to jailbreak it it trys to reboot and instead of rebooting it just wipes the iphone clean tired it twice i have no idea what to do so i just restored it to 1.1.2 for the time being i need it for work any ideas what it could be ? sorry im a noob to this hacking

Default need help with activating iPhone 1.1.2
    Im troubled, Ive downgraded my iPhone to 1.1.1, but every time I go to jailbreak.com and push Install AppSnapp, the "Activete iPhone" screen always appears, every time. It does not restart or anything..............
    What is the problem?
    http://jailbreak.com/files/y.tiff takes sometimes for ever to respond, sometimes no time at all.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong???

br nasinn

Default Ireland
    Just wondering will a Pay as You Go sim from Ireland work in Ireland. thanx

does this only works with a o2 or ATT simcard??? what about a random Simcard from another country??? mine came out of the box with 1.1.2 aqnd it's been 2 weeks now and i have no way to unlocking yet!!!

hello guys i have the 1.1.2 version activated and i cannot install the installer on my iphone. any ideas how to? i have at&t but the problems i am facing is that i run on vista and ibrick doesnt seem to work help please

@joshysquashy

I threw the wifi method out, as it was getting on my nerves.

Just used ibrickr to upload the file all good now, thanks for you guys help.

I am now a happy customer.
    Last edited by scooba; 2007-11-28 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nasinn View Post
    Im troubled, Ive downgraded my iPhone to 1.1.1, but every time I go to jailbreak.com and push Install AppSnapp, the "Activete iPhone" screen always appears, every time. It does not restart or anything..............
    What is the problem?
    http://jailbreak.com/files/y.tiff takes sometimes for ever to respond, sometimes no time at all.

br nasinn
    Hi Nasinn,

I'm also having the same problem... Tried it many times but still the same...

Anyone who can help us?? Are we suppose to leave the sim in the iphone or take it out?

Cheers!
    Xertef

@xertef

Sounds like on your version has the tiff exploit fixed, i had this problem a few times, i had to downgrade to 1.0.2 then up to 1.1.1 then jailbreak, activate install okt(whetever its called) and then update to 1.1.2 then it should be sorted.

For anyone who is running windows vista:

iBrickr does work just fine in vista, as long as you run it in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode. In order to do this you must:

1. Right-click ibrickr.exe and select "properties".
    2. Click on the "compatibility" tab.
    3. Check the checkbox labelled "run in compatibility mode".
    4. Choose "Windows XP SP2" from the dropdown menu.
    5. Click apply.

Now double-click ibrickr.exe and voila, working ibrickr in vista.

how do you get youtube to work? on the uk phone?

Quote Originally Posted by nasinn View Post
    What is the problem?

br nasinn
    Hi Nasinn,

I'm having the same problem.... can anyone help please!!!!

Cheers!
    xertef

Thanks

Default Jailbreak of Factory Unlocked 1.1.2 iPhone?
    Hello there,

Is it possible to jailbreak and put Installer on factory unlocked iPhone (1.1.2), I have bought it in Munich, somewhat expensive, but I am happy with it. I am using it in another country then Germany and it actually shows my operator logo (it is factory unlocked) but MobileApp is crashing all the time, as well as the SMSApp.

Please help me with some info....!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast