Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO]: Jailbreak an Out of the Box 1.1.2 Firmware iPhone (AKA euro iPhone)

managed to get my iphone working with payg o2 sim as well as the wifes!

Thanks again.

EDIT: they are both OTB 1.1.2 iphones.
    Last edited by releaseyourself; 2007-11-18 at 01:21 PM.

Following several different guides, I was finally able to get the o2 SIM to work, but by using a slightly different lockdownd file with permission set to 644

CLICK HERE
    Last edited by Saltank; 2007-11-17 at 09:10 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Richmond, Darlington, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Talking Yet another happy costumer
    Just to say I've got my UK iphone working with a O2 pay as you go sim card, many thanks.

I haven't tried the voice mail trick yet, as I'm glad I'm able to get the bloody thing working for the purpose it was built for.

I'm also looking for a mac version of putty to do the voice mail hack, otherwise it was all carried on my Macs.
    (I say macs as I have one with an older version of itunes)

I just cant get a o2 sim PayAsYouGO card to work? I been reading it and trying again again but nothing new is happening. Any help please?

Dude - Use terminal SSH is built into it...

ssh [email protected]_address_of_iphone

I can't get the visual voice mail working yet. I did try both methods neither worked. Has anyone got it working?

can any body confirm that edge/gprs is working on an O2 pay as you go sim card on a 1.1.2 out the box? thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Richmond, Darlington, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Thanks

empaulio, I can tell you that I've tried to use EDGE but I get a message saying I haven't subscribed to it. This could be true, as bought the O2 sim card from Woolies for a fiver and have just activated it.

Saying that I use WIFI more than EDGE so I may never find out whether it works or not.

I can say everything else works fine.

I have a Pay Monthly O2 Sim, and yesterday EDGE/GPRS was working fine. Now it says "Can't Activate Edge" and then doesn't work at all. There is no Rectangle or E icon in the menu bar.

Also, I can't find the Edge settings area any more. It seems as though my sim doesn't allow you to change these settings. What should I do? I am paying £7.50 for unlimited data and it doesn't work!

Slightly off the topic but this is too good not to mention for o2 PAYG sim / iphone users.

http://www.o2-yournumbers.co.uk/010

Hi there!

Thanks for this great HOWTO! I still have a question, since I couldn't find any hint about that in any reply.
    You state "THIS NOW WORKS WITH ANY O2/AT&T/BASE PROVIDER SIM!! You can use any O2 sim with this method".

I'll get in some days a US iPhone 1.1.2 OTB (I guess, since it's week 45). I have a german O2 contract. Do you think I'll be able to use my O2 SIM with the patched lockdown?

Thanks people, keep up the great work!

I'm afraid not, you'd need an AT&T sim for that to work. I think t-mobile operates in germany, so if you bought an iPhone from there you should be able to use any t-mobile sim with this tutorial.

Sorry I havn't been able to reply to some of the questions here, I've been far away from a computer. In fact, I'm typing this post on my iPhone.

A quick question to all uk users on o2: has anybody managed to get the cloud working?

Thanks for the reply dilinator. I'm still wondering one thing. With my O2 contract/SIM, I can use the german T-Mobile network for free, so if I would have a german iPhone, I might be able to use my SIM?
    If yes, here comes the next question: the simlock is in the baseband, right? Then would it be possible to change the BB of my US iPhone to the BB of the german one?

You need a german t-mobile sim to work with a german iPhone. In exactly the same way as I'm iPhones need an o2 sim. I'll answer the other question on my proper computer when I get home
    Last edited by dilinator; 2007-11-18 at 05:16 PM.

Hi, first i want to say thanx for guide, and secondly i have a little problem i have updated to 1.1.2 firmware and done the jailbreak, as advised in the next step i have filezilla and winscp and on both of them if wont connectto my i iphone, im running windows vista and have enabled both programs on the firewall , how can i get this workings....

i keep getting network error: connection timed out

Thanx in advance for ur help
    Last edited by si200; 2007-11-18 at 10:27 PM.

Just want to say that I decided to jump in and give this method a go (nothing to lose.. well, perhaps my iPhone .. but it was in its box doing nothing after one week!) .. and although worried if I could pull it off ( windows user !) it went swimmingly fine. Works great - so many thanks guys!

Where do i get the MobileDevice from, and where do i put it? I am on Mac OS X. I found one on here but its a .dll file. As far as i know Mac's don't use dll. So where do i find what i need for mac. I am stuck on kicking the phone from DUF mode.

If any one can help me with this step that would be awesome. This is the only step i am stuck on, and i don't want to wait for a month until new jailbreak method for 1.1.2 will be up. I have gotten use to my moded phone, and i can't go back to stuck.
    I JUST CAN'T.
    Last edited by xplod4202; 2007-11-19 at 09:27 AM.

is 1.1.2 only for EUROPE ?

So this guide will jailbreak and allow people w/ 1.1.2 OTB iPhones to make calls using US AT&T and UK O2 SIMS?

Thanks!

So, help us on how to get the phone from recovery with Independence and latest version of iTunes?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast