Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW-TO]: Jailbreak an Out of the Box 1.1.2 Firmware iPhone (AKA euro iPhone)

Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    did you use the O2 Lockdownd file? There is one that works with the O2 iPhones:
    yeh spotted that and had it ready just needed a reboot then all was well ,big thank u to dilinator for his guide and to ur self
    The Man With 2 Plans

Hi,
    I have downloaded the 1.1.1 file which downloads ok but once it is on my desktop it is named as iphone1,1_1

Any idea what is going on?

safari automatically unzips it. Just find the original in your trash, and delete the .zip extension from the end. Do this from the "Get Info" window, as deleting it normally just hides the extension. So it should look like the image below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.png  

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joshysquashy For This Useful Post:

releaseyourself (2007-11-15)

Cool done it thanks.

I just tried this on a mac. And I had no luck what so ever. I couldn't update to 1.1.2 I kept getting 1602 error.
    Last edited by shabba; 2007-11-15 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shabba View Post
    I just tried this on a mac. And I had no luck what so ever. I couldn't update to 1.1.2 I kept getting 1602 error.
    Did you kick the iPhone out of "Recovery Mode"? Did you have the "slide for emergency" screen on 1.1.1?

I was not able to do this except using iBrickr on VMWare (PC on a Mac). Without doing this you can't run jailbreakme.com and you can't install Oktoprep.

Is this the issue, or did I not understand?

Right at the moment I have a working iphone but it has no phone capabilitys

Its already activated for some reason which is strange as I didn't to my knowledge do that.

Can I restore and start this all over again?
    My software version is 1.1.1
    Inside of iNdependence is: Firmware 1.1.1: activated: AFC connection: jailbroken

Right I am now back at 1.1.2 what shall I do now. I cant SSH into it this is so frustrating.
    Last edited by shabba; 2007-11-15 at 10:47 PM.

independance is not kicking my iphone out of the itunes/cable screen?

The message i get in independance is "status: disconnected : waiting for iphone.

Right at the moment I have a working iphone but it has no phone capabilitys

Its already activated for some reason which is strange as I didn't to my knowledge do that.

Can I restore and start this all over again?
    My software version is 1.1.1
    Inside of iNdependence is: Firmware 1.1.1: activated: AFC connection: jailbroken

Right I am now back at 1.1.2 what shall I do now. I cant SSH into it this is so frustrating.
    did you remember to check the box for ssh when you jailbroke 1.1.2? Otherwise you will have to start over I think.

Anyone know if there is any other software that i can use on a Mac that could kick my iphone out of recovery mode?

releaseyourself - iNdependence

Right I have now loaded 1.1.2 my problem is I cant ssh into it for the life of me!! I have run the program and it worked fine, but its not letting me ssh into it. I am use Fetch but no luck..

I tried doing a ssh in terminal and got this

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
    @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
    IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
    Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
    It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
    The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
    5c:1e:8d:5d:02:ec:d8:e5:ac:1c:d5:92:c5:6d:5a:9c.
    Please contact your system administrator.
    Add correct host key in /Users/josh/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
    Offending key in /Users/josh/.ssh/known_hosts:1
    RSA host key for 192.168.1.109 has changed and you have requested strict checking.
    Host key verification failed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shabba For This Useful Post:

releaseyourself (2007-11-16)

thanks shabba,
    tried independance but didnt work. I am using itunes 7.4 and a Mac

Plug your iphone in, close itunes and wait it will sort it out, well it did on mine anyway.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to shabba For This Useful Post:

releaseyourself (2007-11-16)

Sometimes you need to renew lease for wifi to get a new ip to connect to the iphone through ssh.

does this works for US out of the box 1.1.2 iphones?

I got so far as to configure the wifi and visit jailbreakme.com

But: the TIFF doesn't load, it just sits there and doesn't do anything. I had to downgrade by running my XP from my Mac and using iBrickr which reset the phone after error 1602 i think it was, but no luck since...

Right I got all of that done now. Firmware updated, ssh enabled and updaed the lockdownd and still I get No Service tried a restart no luck... Any more guidance

Quote Originally Posted by releaseyourself View Post
    thanks shabba,
    tried independance but didnt work. I am using itunes 7.4 and a Mac
    im on mac and used independance 1.3 beta and im on itunes 7.4 u need to install MobileDevice library from iTunes into the application bundle using the iNdependence MobDev Tool Look in the read me with ur .zip download hope that sorts ya

Right I got all of that done now. Firmware updated, ssh enabled and updaed the lockdownd and still I get No Service tried a restart no luck... Any more guidance
    did u make sure u had the right lockdownd file on after u jailbreaked i used the O2 one whot is stated from dej4y on page one and can be found here http://rapidshare.com/files/69520380...ownd_1_1_2.zip hope that helps !
    Last edited by Scottjohn; 2007-11-16 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Man With 2 Plans

Yeah I was sure of it, I placed it ins /usr/libexec/ but no luck!!
    When should I place my own sim card in. Thats something it doesnt say, shall I do it on the final reboot or some other time?

Yeah I was sure of it, I placed it ins /usr/libexec/ but no luck!!
    When should I place my own sim card in. Thats something it doesnt say, shall I do it on the final reboot or some other time?
    I never took mine out, any time should work.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast