Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

idemocracy isint for mac
    MyPhone is better than yours

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

EDIT: holy crap. my big big bad. lollllll
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-11-17 at 05:23 PM.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

I too am having problems with Step 4 (1.1.2 without OktoPrep NOT Out of Box):
    In WinSCP, when I double click on my iPhone profile, I get "searching for host...", and then "Network Error: Connection timed out". I have checked all my connections, Wifi is working fine from my phone, I typed in the IP address correctly, what can I do? Thanks.

Default Thanks!
    I used your guide to jailbreak my 1.1.2... (It had originally been 1.0.2) and it worked PERFECTLY. Of course, a few minutes after i was done, iDemocracy2 came out, but that's just my luck with these things.

Anyway, EXCELLENT guide, thanks very much!

I followed your procedure entitled "The Process (1.1.2 without OktoPrep NOT Out of Box): "

So now I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 with 04.02.13_G baseband. Which is great!

But....I'd now like to make it work with iDemocracy2, cuz of the great GUI/file manager in that package.

How do I put the phone into a state that I can run iDemocracy2 on it (to re-jailbreak it?)? (I think iDemocracy2 is expecting you to start with an un-jailbroken phone.)

THANKS!
    Last edited by spunkpod; 2007-11-17 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have done this

Step 5: If you are on this step, you have an iPhone at the activation screen running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN

but, after i reboot, it back to the main screen (There is an EARTH on the screen), asnt he itune pormpt me for activation?

Thanks

I'm sorry guys I can't answer any questions right now. I'm in the bathroom at work frantically typing this. When I get off in 5 hours I will answer all questions I promise!!

One real quick. Try putting your phone into restore mode for idemocracy! Thanks for the patience!
    For Help

GUIDES:

did everything as required in democracy. also installed okto. upgraded phone but when java starts and command windo comes up, it just hangs there and the window says

at java.lang.thread.run<unknown Source>

and this is as far as it gets??????????? any ideas?

and restarted computer, saw that idea earlier

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey....

I love you for making this threat (kiss kiss)

But I'm having problem with mine... I did the step one. My phone is 1.1.2 fresh out of the box. I did everything CORRECTLY because I triple checked everything. I downgraded to 1.1.1 - Jailbreak it - downloaded everything including Oktoprep..... Then I upgraded to 1.1.2. Now, when I try to run jailbreak.jar, it keeps saying, CANNOT CONNECT TO DEVICE blah blah...

I'm sure I did everything correctly ... just the jailbreak.jar is not working for me.

What am I doing wrong :-(

Oh btw, when I open windows.bat it just shows the black command screen for 1 second then boom, gone. It closes.

Thanks

did everything as required in democracy. also installed okto. upgraded phone but when java starts and command windo comes up, it just hangs there and the window says

at java.lang.thread.run<unknown Source>

and this is as far as it gets??????????? any ideas?

and restarted computer, saw that idea earlier
    is java installed?

Hey....

I love you for making this threat (kiss kiss)

But I'm having problem with mine... I did the step one. My phone is 1.1.2 fresh out of the box. I did everything CORRECTLY because I triple checked everything. I downgraded to 1.1.1 - Jailbreak it - downloaded everything including Oktoprep..... Then I upgraded to 1.1.2. Now, when I try to run jailbreak.jar, it keeps saying, CANNOT CONNECT TO DEVICE blah blah...

I'm sure I did everything correctly ... just the jailbreak.jar is not working for me.

What am I doing wrong :-(

Oh btw, when I open windows.bat it just shows the black command screen for 1 second then boom, gone. It closes.
    restart your computer and try again...also is java installed?

make sure itunes is closed and ur iphone usb is plugged in

i have done this

Step 5: If you are on this step, you have an iPhone at the activation screen running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN

but, after i reboot, it back to the main screen (There is an EARTH on the screen), asnt he itune pormpt me for activation?
    activate with itunes

THANKS!
    welcome
    I too am having problems with Step 4 (1.1.2 without OktoPrep NOT Out of Box):
    In WinSCP, when I double click on my iPhone profile, I get "searching for host...", and then "Network Error: Connection timed out". I have checked all my connections, Wifi is working fine from my phone, I typed in the IP address correctly, what can I do? Thanks.
    that message means that your iphone isnt correctly connected to wifi or you entered some settings wrong. also keep your iphone screen on cause when its on sleep mode wifi tends to turn off sometimes

I thought this thread was lost when it went to the second page BUT I WAS WRONG!!! yippee
    For Help

GUIDES:

Green Apple
    Thanks

I restarted my computer 293823 times and yes Java is installed..

Still, it keeps giving me error ((((

When I installed Oktoprep on 1.1.1, did I need to run it?
    Because when I installed it, I didn't run anything.
    Last edited by teomabanta; 2007-11-18 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

and yes java is installed as well

Thanks

and yes java is installed as well
    deleted the 1.1.2 jailbreak and redownload it...thats all i got man

I restarted my computer 293823 times and yes Java is installed..

Still, it keeps giving me error ((((

When I installed Oktoprep on 1.1.1, did I need to run it?
    Because when I installed it, I didn't run anything.
    no you didnt have to run anything...you let it fully install and then reboot your computer right? anyway, if you had done something wrong with oktoprep it would tell you to install oktoprep before running the jailbreak...saying that it cant connect means just that... open itunes and then ctrl-alt-delete and find itunes.exe in the processes list. right click and click end process tree and then click yes. also redownload the 1.1.2 jailbreak pack...

good luck!
    For Help

GUIDES:

when i did all this i went all the way back to 1.0 but didnt use anysim as i am staying with AT&T do I need to do that step that far back to affect 1.2?

also when i was on 1.1 i got the activation confirmation, but never had a signal or carrier so had to use wifi. does that make a difference??
    Last edited by seanobx; 2007-11-18 at 05:44 AM.

Thanks

when i did all this i went all the way back to 1.0 but didnt use anysim as i am staying with AT&T do I need to do that step that far back to affect 1.2?
    whatttttt???
    anysim??? have you unlocked before...WHATTT???? so confused.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    whatttttt???
    anysim??? have you unlocked before...WHATTT???? so confused.
    never unlocked my phone always just jailbroke it. have always been using AT&T issued sim

Thanks

also when i was on 1.1 i got the activation confirmation, but never had a signal or carrier so had to use wifi. does that make a difference??
    yes it does, your baseband should be working on 1.1.1...follow my guide for jailbreaking 1.1.2 without oktoprep installed or try idemocracy again... (mine has more successes muahahah)
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-11-18 at 05:50 AM.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by seanobx View Post
    never unlocked my phone always just jailbroke it. have always been using AT&T issued sim
    when i start the window.bat file for 1.2 the window comes up, the java screen comes up i click install ssh then jailbreak, and nothing happens the black screen just hangs the the term i put up originally. nothgin else

Thanks

look at my post before yours lols
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    look at my post before yours lols
    gracias. will let u know how i make out!!!!!

Thanks

please do
    For Help

GUIDES:

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast