Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

HELP please. OK - Crazy stuff here.

Went through the described process (originally had a jailbroken working non-att phone on 1.1.1) -upgraded to 1.1.2 (yes I did Oktoprep)
    then proceeded to downgrade back to 1.1.1 again..yes, it froze at the itunes /cable screen.

Used iBrickr to get out of that and reboot the phone- went to downgrade to 1.0.2 and now I get "AN UNKNOWN ERROR 1" or sometimes "4" occurred and the phone freezes in the itunes/cable mode and iTunes won’t let me upgrade or downgrade... SO I am stuck at 1.1.1 and it doesn’t know it’s a phone… it’s not showing the modem firmware version…

Heres the FW vers 1.1.1
    MODEM has the 04.02.13_G (1.1.2) firmware????? Found out thru using putty and bbupdater –v

SO NOW… my phone IS jailbroken on 1.1.1 but acting like an ipod touch - wifi, just no cell - sometimes the modem software version won’t even show in general settings.
    I can puTTY or WinSCP in no problem and i ping the baseband so I know the version.
    should I just try to reflash the baseband and if so how?

ive tried a few things..By the way, ieraser freezes it and times out - anysim for 1.1.1 says it cant open some file(s) - but it flashes by pretty quick, so hard to read.

dottie doesnt work for putty.exe

Im stuck now. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by jschriman View Post
    try

alpine

doesn't work dude.

is there another program I can use? I really don't want to sit here forever, halfway through the process of getting to 1.1.2 jailbroken

it's got to be lower case, but i assume you tried that.

what are trying to do -up load files or execute commands, becuase ibrickr will upload and you can put mobile terminal on your phone and use that to execute commands

yea I know its lowercased

I'm trying to do this:

Step 6: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with extra files in the usr/bin directory. Double-click on Putty.exe and use the same settings and password you used in WinSCP to login. (NOTE: when you type in the password, nothing will appear. Just type normally and hit enter when you are done typing dottie and everything will be fine). Type in the following hitting enter after each line:

launchctl

unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

exit (without this you will still be in launchctl and it will not recognize the command cd)

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x iEraser

chmod +x bbupdater

iEraser

bbupdater -v

The last command issued returned "baseband unresponsive to pinging". THIS IS GOOD! Now type in the following and hit enter:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep (the _'s are spaces: bbupdater_-f_*.fls_-e_*.eep)

After this process ends, backspace the text "PuTTy" that was left behind and issue this command:

bbupdater -v

This returns a slew of data which (roughly translated) means...SUCCESS!!!

If you can tell me exactly what I need and what I need to do to get that step done, I would be so grateful.

I have iBrickr but not mobile terminal. If I need termnial, please tell me where to get it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hello I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 and I wanted to start out fresh. If I hit restore that will erase all the content as far as music and other stuff.

YES! Got 1.1.2 jailbroken! Thanks for all help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can tell me exactly what I need and what I need to do to get that step done, I would be so grateful.

I have iBrickr but not mobile terminal. If I need termnial, please tell me where to get it.
    you dont need mobile terminal. putty is inside of the 1.1.2 downgrade pack...

hello I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 and I wanted to start out fresh. If I hit restore that will erase all the content as far as music and other stuff.
    yes but that will all be back on with a sync. restoring will also un-jailbreak your phone and remove whatever oktoprep did so you will have to downgrade and re-upgrade with oktoprep...its really not worth it

YES! Got 1.1.2 jailbroken! Thanks for all help.
    you bet
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-11-15 at 09:42 PM.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Will You Tube, Weather, Maps and Stocks? I downgraded to 1.0.2 just so I can use the App Install but You Tube, Weather, Maps and Stocks did not work. When I restored it and it automatically updated to 1.1.2, it started working again. Please advise. Thanks again for your time in providing us with this valuable information.

Thanks

yeah they won't work in the middle I don't believe but after you finish the entirentutorial everything will work fine. I'm actually not sure why they didnt work for you on 1.0.2
    For Help

GUIDES:

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ok I have a jail broken everything working att phone on 1.1.1 I installed oktoprep or whatever when it first came out and have been using my phonemsense. Is it safe for me to up grade or should I restore my 1.1.1 to nice and clean and re jailbreak?

Thanks

ok I have a jail broken everything working att phone on 1.1.1 I installed oktoprep or whatever when it first came out and have been using my phonemsense. Is it safe for me to up grade or should I restore my 1.1.1 to nice and clean and re jailbreak?
    Digg
    theoretically you could do it now with no problems but i would HIGHLY suggest a nice clean restore followed by re-installing oktoprep and upgrading
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    yeah they won't work in the middle I don't believe but after you finish the entirentutorial everything will work fine. I'm actually not sure why they didnt work for you on 1.0.2
    Yes, I don't understand why it didn't work either. Anyway, thank you and I will attempt to follow your guidelines tonight. Stay tune...

Thanks

Yes, I don't understand why it didn't work either. Anyway, thank you and I will attempt to follow your guidelines tonight. Stay tune...
    best of luck and welcome to the forums
    For Help

GUIDES:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_4ft5qj3
    use this guide if ur having trouble with sidetalker's guide i got mine to work. i used the first parts of sidetalker's guide then used this one for the rest
    well good luck guys

hello there
    i had a ouestion....
    Is in necessary to go through steps 8 , 9 and 10 to use a Tmobie simcard?
    i put a cingular sim after step 7, it worked however when i put in a Tmobile sime it says incorrect sim , this iphone must be used with an approved sim.
    please help me there
    thank you

Thanks

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_4ft5qj3
    use this guide if ur having trouble with sidetalker's guide i got mine to work. i used the first parts of sidetalker's guide then used this one for the rest
    well good luck guys
    thanks! ill add this into a new troubleshooting area of my guide.

EDIT: Also could you tell me what, specifically, you were having trouble with in my guide?

hello there
    i had a ouestion....
    Is in necessary to go through steps 8 , 9 and 10 to use a Tmobie simcard?
    i put a cingular sim after step 7, it worked however when i put in a Tmobile sime it says incorrect sim , this iphone must be used with an approved sim.
    please help me there
    thank you
    this guide is NOT for unlocking. i have no clue...sorry
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-11-16 at 02:51 AM.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Sidetalker, PLEASE HELP ME... I AM AFRAID I'VE semi-BRICKED MY IPHONE!!!

I started with a fw 1.1.1 jailbroken working unlocked phone... started with your tutorial and then went terribly wrong.... I'm sure I did it...
    Through what seems like trying everything to get to 1.1.2 jailbroken and usable with non att sim, I have done something wrong and I FEAR semi-BRICKED my phone.

Right now it has fw 1.1.1, yet modem fw 03.14.06_g (or whatever is from 1.0.2) - I know because the only way to see it is by pinging it through terminal mode... otherwise the phone acts like an ipod touch...no phone...

In addition and most importantly, I cannot upgrade or downgrade the 1.1.1 fw as I get an UNKNOWN ERROR 1 or UNKNOWN ERROR 4 through iTunes when I try -

I have tried to downgrade through iBrickr - no dice, in itunes/cable mode, out of that mode, etc....

I wish I could just WIPE THIS THING CLEAN and start over... what do you suggest? Especially since I cant get a restore going????

Thanks

Sidetalker, PLEASE HELP ME... I AM AFRAID I'VE semi-BRICKED MY IPHONE!!!

I started with a fw 1.1.1 jailbroken working unlocked phone... started with your tutorial and then went terribly wrong.... I'm sure I did it...
    Through what seems like trying everything to get to 1.1.2 jailbroken and usable with non att sim, I have done something wrong and I FEAR semi-BRICKED my phone.

Right now it has fw 1.1.1, yet modem fw 03.14.06_g (or whatever is from 1.0.2) - I know because the only way to see it is by pinging it through terminal mode... otherwise the phone acts like an ipod touch...no phone...

In addition and most importantly, I cannot upgrade or downgrade the 1.1.1 fw as I get an UNKNOWN ERROR 1 or UNKNOWN ERROR 4 through iTunes when I try -

I have tried to downgrade through iBrickr - no dice, in itunes/cable mode, out of that mode, etc....

I wish I could just WIPE THIS THING CLEAN and start over... what do you suggest? Especially since I cant get a restore going????
    get on aim ... sidetalker10 is my sn
    For Help

GUIDES:

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast