Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

Question question step 2??
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    UDPATE: Thanks so much for the interest in my guide! I will do my best to answer all of your questions and update this guide frequently as new information on the 1.1.2 firmware is unveiled! Thanks!!!

ALERT: This does not seem to be working well for iPhones outside of the US. Some users have reported success but many more have reported problems with the baseband or having jailbroken 1.1.2 but no service. I would strongly suggest not to attempt this if you do not have a US iPhone.

This guide is for Windows users who have a US iPhone (any Firmware version EVEN OUT OF THE BOX) and want to upgrade it to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it. This guide requires you to have an original SIM card (the one that came with your iPhone) and includes no instructions on unlocking.

I have also made this guide extremely spelled out, however, if something is unclear to you, let me know in the comments and I will revise it!

Oh yeah one last thing before we start. The thanks button makes people feel good

For Starters:

*Note*
    You may not need all of these files depending on what Firmware version you have. You can either download them all or download them as I tell you they are necessary throughout the tutorial
    *Note*

Download 1.1.2 Firmware here
    Download 1.1.1 Firmware here
    Download 1.0.2 Firmware here
    Download 1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack here
    (I am having trouble uploading this to MMI... please notify me when the link dies and I will try again)
    Download 1.1.2 Jailbreak Pack here
    Download iBrickr here

BEFORE DOING ANYTHING. SYNC WITH ITUNES!!!

The Process (1.1.1 or below):

Step 1: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.0.2 or below and it has been activated through iTunes (skip to the next step if you are already on 1.1.1). Open iTunes and connect your iPhone. Shift-click the "Update" button in iTunes under the iPhone tab and navigate to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow your iPhone to complete the update to 1.1.1. Restore your iPhone to the latest restore file through iTunes. Don't worry about syncing songs, pictures, movies, etc. yet.

Step 2: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.1.1 and it has been activated through iTunes. Restore your iPhone to Firmware 1.1.1 by shift-clicking on "Restore" in iTunes and navigating to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow iTunes to complete the restore and activate your iPhone before proceeding to the next step. Visit www.jailbreakme.com URL on your iPhone. Click "Install AppSnapp". Your iPhone will navigate to another page and briefly show a blue square in the upper corner before Safari crashes. At this point a status HUD should pop-up and display the status of the jailbreak. If you do not see this status HUD, go back to www.jailbreakme.com and try it again. After a successful jailbreak, your iPhone will soft-restart and you will see Installer.app on your homescreen. At this point I find it's best to do a manual restart (hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it off, then hold the power button until the iPhone starts back up). This step is optional though.

Step 3: If you are on this step, you have a jailbroken (if you have Installer.app, you are jailbroken) iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware. Click on Installer on you iPhone homescreen and allow it to check and refresh your sources. If necessary, update Installer (you will see an Installer update in the update tab in Installer if this is necessary). Under the Install tab, navigate to Tweaks (1.1.1) > OktoPrep and download OktoPrep. After the download, click the home button and allow the iPhone to soft-restart. Back in iTunes, shift-click on "Upgrade" (NOT RESTORE!) and navigate to your 1.1.2 Firmware (download here). If iTunes is already prompting you to upgrade to 1.1.2 it is not necessary to shift-click...simply click "Upgrade" and allow your iPhone to be upgraded (NOTE: if you do this, iTunes will automatically download the firmware taking around 5 mins at broadband speeds). Activate your iPhone through iTunes.

Step 4: If you are on this step, you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN

The Process (1.1.2 without OktoPrep and 1.1.2 Brand New OTB):

Step 1: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware 1.1.2 and did not install OktoPrep when on 1.1.1. You will need all of the downloads provided above, please download them now. Enter recovery mode on your iPhone by holding the power and home buttons until the "connect to iTunes" picture appeared. Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, shift-click on "Restore" and navigate to your 1.1.1 Firmware. Allow iTunes to downgrade your 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1. When finished iTunes should give you error #1015.

Step 2: If you are on this step, you downgraded your iPhone to 1.1.1 and got error #1015. Open iBrickr and it should give you the option to boot the phone or to "Begin Downgrade to Firmware 1.0.2". Click on Begin Downgrade to Firmware 1.0.2 and follow the instructions provided (instead of going to the iBrickr folder for 1.0.2.ipsw, go to where you manually downloaded the firmware). After following iBrickr's instructions, activate your 1.0.2 iPhone with iTunes.

Step 3: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2. Open iBrickr and click "Free My Phone!". If your iPhone is in recovery mode after the jailbreak close and open iBrickr... when iBrickr sees your iPhone in restore mode, click "Boot phone now" and allow your phone to boot. After your iPhone is "freed" (jailbroken) click on Applications and Install PXL using iBrickr's instructions and install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH (in that order).

Step 4: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with OpenSSH installed. Open winscp405.exe (referred to as WinSCP from now on and found in the 1.1.2 Baseband Downgrade Pack). For Host Name: Enter your current wifi IP address on my iPhone (check this by going to Settings > Wi-Fi > and clicking the blue arrow next to your SSID), Port number: 22, User Name: root, Password: dottie, Private key file: Leave blank, file protocol: SCP. Hit Save... and save the profile as iPhone (Hit yes if it asks you if you're sure you want to save a password). Now double-click on your new iPhone profile and allow up to a minute for your Host Keys to be generated (click yes when it asks you if you want to allow the Host Keys to be generated).

Step 5: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 and should be attached to your iPhone through WinSCP. Navigate to the /usr/bin folder on your iPhone and drag and drop the following folders from the Downgrade Pack to the /usr/bin folder on the iPhone:

ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    iEraser
    bbupdater
    secpack
    secpack.bin

After the transfer completes, exit out of WinSCP.

Step 6: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with extra files in the usr/bin directory. Double-click on Putty.exe and use the same settings and password you used in WinSCP to login. (NOTE: when you type in the password, nothing will appear. Just type normally and hit enter when you are done typing dottie and everything will be fine). Type in the following hitting enter after each line:

launchctl

unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

exit (without this you will still be in launchctl and it will not recognize the command cd)

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x iEraser

chmod +x bbupdater

iEraser

bbupdater -v

The last command issued returned "baseband unresponsive to pinging". THIS IS GOOD! Now type in the following and hit enter:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep (the _'s are spaces: bbupdater_-f_*.fls_-e_*.eep)

After this process ends, backspace the text "PuTTy" that was left behind and issue this command:

bbupdater -v

This returns a slew of data which (roughly translated) means...SUCCESS!!!

Step 7: f you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 and have flashed the baseband. Back in iTunes, shift-click "Update" and navigate to your 1.1.1 firmware. Allow iTunes to update your iPhone to firmware 1.1.1 and then activate your iPhone using iTunes.

Step 8: f you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.1. Visit www.jailbreakme.com URL on your iPhone. Click "Install AppSnapp". Your iPhone will navigate to another page and briefly show a blue square in the upper corner before Safari crashes. At this point a status HUD should pop-up and display the status of the jailbreak. If you do not see this status HUD, go back to www.jailbreakme.com and try it again. After a successful jailbreak, your iPhone will soft-restart and you will see Installer.app on your homescreen. At this point I find it's best to do a manual restart (hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it off, then hold the power button until the iPhone starts back up). This step is optional though.

Step 9: If you are on this step, you have a jailbroken (if you have Installer.app, you are jailbroken) iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware. Click on Installer on you iPhone homescreen and allow it to check and refresh your sources. If necessary, update Installer (you will see an Installer update in the update tab in Installer if this is necessary). Under the Install tab, navigate to Tweaks (1.1.1) > OktoPrep and download OktoPrep. After the download, click the home button and allow the iPhone to soft-restart. Back in iTunes, shift-click on "Upgrade" (NOT RESTORE!) and navigate to your 1.1.2 Firmware (download here). If iTunes is already prompting you to upgrade to 1.1.2 it is not necessary to shift-click...simply click "Upgrade" and allow your iPhone to be upgraded (NOTE: if you do this, iTunes will automatically download the firmware taking around 5 mins at broadband speeds). Activate your iPhone through iTunes.

Step 10: If you are on this step, you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN

Step 2: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.1.1 and it has been activated through iTunes. Restore your iPhone to Firmware 1.1.1....

Is this step correct and necessary?

If Iphone is FW 1.1.1 why restore it to 1.1.1 ? I don't get!
    Or am I missing something?

Eh? Why are you telling people to change their baseband? That's dangerous!

Step 5:[/I][/B] If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 and should be attached to your iPhone through WinSCP. Navigate to the /usr/bin folder on your iPhone and drag and drop the following folders from the Downgrade Pack to the /usr/bin folder on the iPhone:

ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    iEraser
    bbupdater
    secpack
    secpack.bin

After the transfer completes, exit out of WinSCP.

Step 6: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.0.2 with extra files in the usr/bin directory. Double-click on Putty.exe and use the same settings and password you used in WinSCP to login. (NOTE: when you type in the password, nothing will appear. Just type normally and hit enter when you are done typing dottie and everything will be fine). Type in the following hitting enter after each line:

launchctl

exit (without this you will still be in launchctl and it will not recognize the command cd)

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x iEraser

chmod +x bbupdater

iEraser

bbupdater -v

The last command issued returned "baseband unresponsive to pinging". THIS IS GOOD! Now type in the following and hit enter:

bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep (the _'s are spaces: bbupdater_-f_*.fls_-e_*.eep)

After this process ends, backspace the text "PuTTy" that was left behind and issue this command:

bbupdater -v

This returns a slew of data which (roughly translated) means...SUCCESS!!!
    This is where I am stuck... when you say "Navigate to the /usr/bin folder on your iPhone and drag and drop the following folders from the Downgrade Pack to the /usr/bin folder on the iPhone" Am I supposed to do this through iBrickr? Becuase that is the only place where i can find the file name, usr/bin .

Also, "baseband unresponsive to pinging" is not the response i got, there was some feedback then at the end it says "done"

my phone is on special DFU mode using ibrickr. how long does this part last? i'm downgrading my 1.1.2.
    Last edited by kyle sti; 2007-11-14 at 09:41 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok thanks guys i got everything going i did jailbreak everything worked out great thanks
    glad everything worked for you!

This is where I am stuck... when you say "Navigate to the /usr/bin folder on your iPhone and drag and drop the following folders from the Downgrade Pack to the /usr/bin folder on the iPhone" Am I supposed to do this through iBrickr? Becuase that is the only place where i can find the file name, usr/bin .

Also, "baseband unresponsive to pinging" is not the response i got, there was some feedback then at the end it says "done"
    i said to use winscp but ibrickr works the same way...none of the putty commands will work without the files in there

Eh? Why are you telling people to change their baseband? That's dangerous!
    not as dangerous as drinking and driving!

Step 2: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.1.1 and it has been activated through iTunes. Restore your iPhone to Firmware 1.1.1....

Is this step correct and necessary?

If Iphone is FW 1.1.1 why restore it to 1.1.1 ? I don't get!
    Or am I missing something?
    its not completely necessary but it gives your iphone a full wipe to 1.1.1 to get rid of any lingering unneccessary files. it also makes errors further into the process much more rare
    my phone is on special DFU mode using ibrickr. how long does this part last? i'm downgrading my 1.1.2.
    just a few minutes...
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

when typing in this
    launchctl

cd /usr/bin

chmod +x iEraser

chmod +x bbupdater

iEraser

bbupdater -v
    do i type this?

launchctl (hit enter)
    (hit enter)
    unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist (hit enter)
    (hit enter)
    etc....

or do i not skip a line in between each entry?

well i got error 1013 when i was tried to restore to 1.0.2 and it gave me the yellow triangle. ibrickr fixed it though somehow and got me to 1.0.2.
    Last edited by kyle sti; 2007-11-15 at 01:03 AM.

So I had unlocked 1.1.1, updated to 1.1.2 WITHOUT OkToPrep, and it works, but im stuck on the please enter sim card screen. Can you do this with a non-original att sim card? Cuz mine is lost :/ I can't restore to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 or anything. Can i just activate 1.1.2, jail break and unlock it? will that work?

can someone please help me out here
    i LOVE apple.

Thanks

do i type this?

launchctl (hit enter)
    (hit enter)
    unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist (hit enter)
    (hit enter)
    etc....

or do i not skip a line in between each entry?
    it really doesnt matter but its not necessary to skip a line. just hit enter once when you are finished typing it and it will run the command and then bring you to a new line.

well i got error 1013 when i was tried to restore to 1.0.2 and it gave me the yellow triangle. ibrickr fixed it though somehow and got me to 1.0.2.
    yep thats whats supposed to happen

So I had unlocked 1.1.1, updated to 1.1.2 WITHOUT OkToPrep, and it works, but im stuck on the please enter sim card screen. Can you do this with a non-original att sim card? Cuz mine is lost :/ I can't restore to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 or anything. Can i just activate 1.1.2, jail break and unlock it? will that work?

can someone please help me out here
    i believe i made it very clear that this guide doesnt have anything at all to do with unlocking and i have absolutely no idea

This guide is for Windows users who have a US iPhone (any Firmware version EVEN OUT OF THE BOX) and want to upgrade it to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it. This guide requires you to have an original SIM card (the one that came with your iPhone) and includes no instructions on unlocking.
    yep there is is
    For Help

GUIDES:

i have new otb with new bootloader what do i do i cant downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2

Thanks

I believe the begginning of the tutorial makes it clear this is not a guide for non us phones
    For Help

GUIDES:

I got the same problem that candybytch had with the windows.bat file in dos. the dos window just flashes and disappears! I have java version 6 update 3 installed(got the lil java icon in sytem tray). Can someone give me and idea what's the problem?

Great stuff man work perfect for me thanks alot

Thanks

Great stuff man work perfect for me thanks alot
    welcome to the forums! and im glad it worked for you!!! dont forget the thanks button

I got the same problem that candybytch had with the windows.bat file in dos. the dos window just flashes and disappears! I have java version 6 update 3 installed(got the lil java icon in sytem tray). Can someone give me and idea what's the problem?
    try restarting your computer and running it first thing when it starts up
    For Help

GUIDES:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

ls2GTO (2007-11-15)

when i type in the password (putty) in step 6 and it says access denied. why??? i typed in the right password too.

Thanks

Make sure the password is dottie. Make sure openssh is installed. When typing, nothing will show up, but the password is still there... If youve tried everything else you can try entering alpine as the password.
    For Help

GUIDES:

yea i tried both dottie and alpine and neither worked. it says access denied to me after typing in launcherctl and hitting enter

or could i use terminal instead of putty??? b.c i have a mac too
    Last edited by kyikeda; 2007-11-15 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

yea i tried both dottie and alpine and neither worked. it says access denied to me after typing in launcherctl and hitting enter

or could i use terminal instead of putty??? b.c i have a mac too
    you could try that...im not sure how terminal would work out. im stumped man...i g2g but ill think about it today and get back to you when im home
    For Help

GUIDES:

by accident i upgrade my phone to 1.1.2 so i downgrade it to 1.1.1 but my modem firmware ist now 04.02.13_G so it doesnt works with anysim.....
    ann i really have t have my phone unlocked
    any clue?

Thanks

by accident i upgrade my phone to 1.1.2 so i downgrade it to 1.1.1 but my modem firmware ist now 04.02.13_G so it doesnt works with anysim.....
    ann i really have t have my phone unlocked
    any clue?
    did you downgrade using my method? if so you should be fine to attempt another upgrade + jailbreak and try using a different unlocker...look around the unlocking forum for posts about success unlocking on 1.1.2
    For Help

GUIDES:

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast