Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

ok one question im really confused after reading all of this. i just bought an i phone with a contract with att it is version 1.1.2. can i unlock it? or jailbreak it? and does my phone have a sim card cause i read on here peoples do sorry im really new to this so your help is greatly appreciated

hey .. i have an OTB 1.1.2 and i downgraded it to 1.1.1 and all but i didnt use IBRICK i used app install. so now i have a 1.1.1 version on the fone but can i use the OKTOPREP step still to upgrade it back to the original 1.1.2??

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

neonbobo - all iPhones come with a sim. If you're not sure if you removed it... You didn't You can jailbreak; just follow the guide (or unlock with stealthsim or something but this isn't an unlocking thread)

Sanju - you sure can
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

ok so i have a legit 1.1.2 jailbroke fone. works fine and all and i iused installer app to install some files and stuff yea. now how do i use ibrick and how does it work :/ ? if i use will it erase all my stuff now? does it jeapordize my fone to being locked?

Double-click on windows.bat doesn't work on my pc I'm running vista does this matter?

the command propt opens and then closes quikly.

Help??

figured it out.

I have another question

I have a 1.1.1 out of the box that I jailbreaked and then unlocked. If I install OktoPrep

which I already have can I just do the itunes update to 1.1.2 and then do the Jailbreak 1.1.2 on it?

Or do I have to follow the steps and first sync with I tunes then do a restore to 1.1.1 then rejailbreak and so on and so forth?

Thanks Nemo123
    Last edited by nemo123; 2008-01-17 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i bought my iphone 1.0.0 out of the box. i upgraded to 1.1.1 and did the jailbreakme.com. i then accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2 and my apps went away.

i am doing this tutorial from the second part. I get stuck at the free my phone stage. when i hit free my phone it goes to a blue background with the standard yellow triangle. it then scrolls through a bunch of ms dos like code, powers off, then goes back to the blue screen where it repeats the process. I can let it go for 20 minutes and it just repeats. So I then follow instructions and close out of ibrick, power down the phone via power button + home for 25 seconds (whilst in the cradle), start back up ibrick and start the process again (boot up -> red screen, reboots into 1.0.2, restart ibrick and hit free my phone again).

it then stays in this behavior.

I have also tried the work around here http://iphonehacking.webs.com/downgrade112.htm and it fails to release the jailbreak so i have to undock it to be able to install installer. when i installer i have to undock it to release it again. but the installer doesnt get installed.

any ideas 36 hours and counting at doing this. i need some sleep.

ok so heres my problem. i bought an iphone serial xxx41 it was 1.1.0 (from memory) so i activated with at&t (pre paid plan), then upgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke it using jailbreakme.com. it was fine, had alot of apps until one i accidentally upgraded it to 1.1.2. there went all my apps.

so i saw this awesome forum and followed the tutorial section 2. ive gone fine until i run the free my phone using ibrick. my problem is when i click free my phone it goes into an endless loop whilst in the cradle. what happens is it goes to a blue screen with the yellow triangle, then to scrolling code. it then powers done and returns to the blue screen where it repeats. i can leave it for 20 minutes and it still repeats. i have done what ibrick says and reset the phone to the triangle screen(power + home for 25 seconds), shut down i brick, killed the jailbreak task that is left behind, restart ibrick. i then click on boot, screen goes red, phone reboots (to where i can use the phone in 1.0.2) and i start again with free my phone again. but the same problem keeps happening? any ideas if i have done something wrong? anyone else have similar problems?
    Last edited by Rhydz; 2008-01-17 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have iphone 1.1.2 out of box after downgrade to 1.1.1 it stays in wAITING FOR ACTIVATION AND DOES NOT EVER ACTIVATE AND ON ITUNES SCREEN MY PHONE NUMBER NEVER POPS UP DO I NEED TO DO SOMETHING OVER OR JUST CONTINUE FROM HERE

Thanks

i bought my iphone 1.0.0 out of the box. i upgraded to 1.1.1 and did the jailbreakme.com. i then accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2 and my apps went away.

i am doing this tutorial from the second part. I get stuck at the free my phone stage. when i hit free my phone it goes to a blue background with the standard yellow triangle. it then scrolls through a bunch of ms dos like code, powers off, then goes back to the blue screen where it repeats the process. I can let it go for 20 minutes and it just repeats. So I then follow instructions and close out of ibrick, power down the phone via power button + home for 25 seconds (whilst in the cradle), start back up ibrick and start the process again (boot up -> red screen, reboots into 1.0.2, restart ibrick and hit free my phone again).

it then stays in this behavior.

I have also tried the work around here http://iphonehacking.webs.com/downgrade112.htm and it fails to release the jailbreak so i have to undock it to be able to install installer. when i installer i have to undock it to release it again. but the installer doesnt get installed.

any ideas 36 hours and counting at doing this. i need some sleep.

ok so heres my problem. i bought an iphone serial xxx41 it was 1.1.0 (from memory) so i activated with at&t (pre paid plan), then upgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke it using jailbreakme.com. it was fine, had alot of apps until one i accidentally upgraded it to 1.1.2. there went all my apps.

so i saw this awesome forum and followed the tutorial section 2. ive gone fine until i run the free my phone using ibrick. my problem is when i click free my phone it goes into an endless loop whilst in the cradle. what happens is it goes to a blue screen with the yellow triangle, then to scrolling code. it then powers done and returns to the blue screen where it repeats. i can leave it for 20 minutes and it still repeats. i have done what ibrick says and reset the phone to the triangle screen(power + home for 25 seconds), shut down i brick, killed the jailbreak task that is left behind, restart ibrick. i then click on boot, screen goes red, phone reboots (to where i can use the phone in 1.0.2) and i start again with free my phone again. but the same problem keeps happening? any ideas if i have done something wrong? anyone else have similar problems?
    I have your fix bro. I think this might be a problem with the new iTunes but I really don't know. Here's what to do:

- Plug your iphone into your computer and have your volume up so you can hear the tell-tale sounds it makes when its "plugged in" and "removed"
    - Wait for a reset to cycle through and right when the apple logo comes on the screen (just after the iphone turns on) hold down on the power and home buttons
    - The iphone screen will turn off a little earlier than usual when scrolling through code.
    - As soon as you here your computer make the "removed" sound, let go of the power button and keep holding on the home button
    - In a few seconds, your computer will make the "plugged in" sound and the screen will stay blank. You may then hear the "removed" sound and the "plugged in" sound again right after it.
    - Use iTunes to restore your firmware.

Hope that helped

i have iphone 1.1.2 out of box after downgrade to 1.1.1 it stays in wAITING FOR ACTIVATION AND DOES NOT EVER ACTIVATE AND ON ITUNES SCREEN MY PHONE NUMBER NEVER POPS UP DO I NEED TO DO SOMETHING OVER OR JUST CONTINUE FROM HERE
    Go ahead and restore... then try again
    For Help

GUIDES:

Default Question about iTunes
    Hi Sidetalker:

Just a quick question. I have 1.1.1 jailbroken, but my iTunes is the latest version. How can I upgrade to 1.1.2? Hey, great thread by the way. Thanks for your help.

lalp

HI Sidetalker,

Great tut, I've got an 1.1.2 OTB and now it is finally in 1.1.2, simple and easy!!!, do you kow anything about Sim Unlock for the 1.1.2 OTB?

Salu2 from Mexico
    Last edited by Samm_73; 2008-01-18 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hi Sidetalker:

Just a quick question. I have 1.1.1 jailbroken, but my iTunes is the latest version. How can I upgrade to 1.1.2? Hey, great thread by the way. Thanks for your help.

lalp
    Download the 1.1.3 firmware (google it) then hold down shift and click restore in itunes. then select the 1.1.3 firmware you downloaded.

HI Sidetalker,

Great tut, I've got an 1.1.2 OTB and now it is finally in 1.1.2, simple and easy!!!, do you kow anything about Sim Unlock for the 1.1.2 OTB?

Salu2 from Mexico
    SIM unlock is impossible without Stealth Sim or something similar (i think a hardware unlock is here but...hardware unlocks suck...)
    For Help

GUIDES:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

nemo123 (2008-01-18), Samm_73 (2008-01-19)

HI. Been reading the posts, but don't see an answer to the problem I am getting.

I have 3 OTB Iphones I bought in Nov not knowing that they had the new bootloader 4.6 inside. Wanted to downgrade and jailbreak them at least, but have run into the 1403 error on PC. I also have tried using jailbreaker on MAc and no success either. I have tried to follow every guide on the web, but nothing works! What am I doing wrong?

try this works everytime for me
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...bricking+1.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    Download the 1.1.3 firmware (google it) then hold down shift and click restore in itunes. then select the 1.1.3 firmware you downloaded.

SIM unlock is impossible without Stealth Sim or something similar (i think a hardware unlock is here but...hardware unlocks suck...)
    so if I'm running 1.1.1 jailbreak with any sim how do I when I've upgraded to 1.1.2 unlock the phone for anysim.

I followed the tut and evrything worked great up to the activating with itunes. It just asks me toactivate it throw itunes with AT&T. so I can't do this because it's money out of my pocket.

So I then went ahead and ran the jailbreak on the phone anyways. and wula it was jailbreaked. I then had to unlock it and tryed the new anysim on it not knowing that it doesn't work if you have had the iphone unlock before on 1.1.1 firmware. the iphone locked up and bircked.

I then downgraded all the way back to 1.0.2 and then unbricked the phone and then back to 1.1.1 again. thats where I am now a working 1.1.1 firmware iphone jailbreaked and unlocked with anysim with all my apps and everything else on it again.

Question to Sidetalker

If I run iDemocracy2 to upgrade the phone then what unlocking method do I use. if I couse anysim it worns me that it will not work if the iphone was prevously unlock on 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 and used anysim.

What do I do?

thanks Nemo123

great thread.
    Last edited by nemo123; 2008-01-18 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sorry I've never used iDemocracy successfully...
    For Help

GUIDES:

Well I agree, Hw unlock sucks! and it is also too risky, well it seems that we can only wait for a software unlock, I hope it is out soon!

Thanks again
    salu2

Thanks

HI. Been reading the posts, but don't see an answer to the problem I am getting.

I have 3 OTB Iphones I bought in Nov not knowing that they had the new bootloader 4.6 inside. Wanted to downgrade and jailbreak them at least, but have run into the 1403 error on PC. I also have tried using jailbreaker on MAc and no success either. I have tried to follow every guide on the web, but nothing works! What am I doing wrong?
    1403 error?
    For Help

GUIDES:

i plug my iphone in and then i don see any restore, i have the lastest itune and my iphone is 1.1.2 from box...help plz (

Thanks

i plug my iphone in and then i don see any restore, i have the lastest itune and my iphone is 1.1.2 from box...help plz (
    what do you see?
    For Help

GUIDES:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

thasiccest13 (2008-01-23)

i have jailbroken 2 phones using your guide, but on my 3rd phone i am already upgraded to 1.1.2 and i am at he part where i click on the windows.bat in th jailbreaker zip folder and it says Reading flash image for about 40 min then nothing happens? anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited by thasiccest13; 2008-01-23 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks

i have jailbroken 2 phones using your guide, but on my 3rd phone i am already upgraded to 1.1.2 and i am at he part where i click on the windows.bat in th jailbreaker zip folder and it says Reading flash image for about 40 min then nothing happens? anyone else have this problem?
    Try closing it and run it again... Does it show progress being made?
    For Help

GUIDES:

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast