Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

you mean restoring instead of updating?

i dont know how many times ive done it....

i tried without SSH checked still wont work

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok im following one of your guys for one of my buddies phones. (he thinks his phone was 1.1.1 otb) so im following the "scndz" tutorial, i got stuck on the part where ibrikr is supposed to make the screen white... it never happened... so i restored the phone back to its original state, and now when i hold the power and menu buttons... the phone just shuts down then shows the apple on the screen then shuts down again... how do i enter restore mode now?

HI,

I have a 1.1.2 otb and I wonder (in your guide step 2) how I can activate my 1.1.2 without an AT&T account?

Thx!
    Fille

Quote Originally Posted by mike1 View Post
    Hi
    I just wanted to let everyone know that after following the guide I was able to jailbreak my out of box iphone 1.1.2 with no problem what so ever.I also just put my wife att sim into the phone to see if it can work and it did work fine. Thanks to all for your help
    Hi,

Can u use the 1.1.2 otb iPhone to call as well??

//Fille
    Last edited by fille; 2008-01-09 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

HI,

I have a 1.1.2 otb and I wonder (in your guide step 2) how I can activate my 1.1.2 without an AT&T account?

Thx!
    Fille
    just follow the guide windows.bat activates automatically but u cant make calls

hey sidetalkersking is the best
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2008-01-09 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

I have got frustration setting in
    I have 1.1.2(upgraded from 1.1.1) followed the destructions all the way to having a running,activated 1.0.2.
    as a running 1.0.2 phone Ibrickr tries to free my phone but locks up. in the error report i get:

find iphone
    jailbreak 1
    jailbreak2
    jailbreak 3
    caution filename not found: done
    sending reconfigured files
    restore mode begins
    AMDeviceEnter recovery 0

and thats the end of the process. Can anyone make sense of this process or offer any insight to a possible way around this problem?
    as things stand now The phone is up and running at 1.0.2 with no apperant problems

man is there a simpler way to do this if my phone is already active on 1.1.2... i needs help i cant figure it out... please

Hey ...i have a week 48 and it is 1.1.2 OOTB , and i already have it activated .... i was woundering if can i jail break it and if so will i have to reactivated it(as in pay more money)...

edit

i also have itunes 7.5 if that matters

aand if i jailbreak will i keep my phone function???
    Last edited by johnnyy; 2008-01-12 at 07:38 AM.

Thanks

Hey ...i have a week 48 and it is 1.1.2 OOTB , and i already have it activated .... i was woundering if can i jail break it and if so will i have to reactivated it(as in pay more money)...

edit

i also have itunes 7.5 if that matters

aand if i jailbreak will i keep my phone function???
    just follow the guide. you wont have to pay anything. u will keep the phone function
    For Help

GUIDES:

since i have a already have it Activated on my 1.1.2 when i down grade will i have to reActivate it ????????????

and do i still do the "Enter recovery mode" or do i just go into itunes and restore with the firmware you given ???????????/
    Last edited by johnnyy; 2008-01-12 at 08:44 PM.

man all your questions are answered in the first post. The "frth" guide starts with an OTB 1.1.2 activated phone, just follow it. Why are you so afraid of reactivating? I've followed the guide twice with two different phones, no problem, just activate with itunes as explained in the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyy View Post
    since i have a already have it Activated on my 1.1.2 when i down grade will i have to reActivate it ????????????

and do i still do the "Enter recovery mode" or do i just go into itunes and restore with the firmware you given ???????????/

i just don't want to pay to reActivate (as in repaying for at&t)

Step 5: If you are on this step, you have an iPhone at the activation screen running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! [COLOR=Lime]JAILBROKEN

The jailbreak won't process won't work, there is some sort of error message in the command prompt.
    "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.contains(Ljava/lang/CharSequenceZ
    at Jailbreak.prepareIphuc(Jailbreak.java:142)
    at Jailbreak$Task.run(Jailbreak.java:223)
    at java.lang.Threak.run(Unknown Source)
    "
    Last edited by rcotton; 2008-01-13 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks

i just don't want to pay to reActivate (as in repaying for at&t)
    that was a one time thing bro, as long as you have your att contract you will never see those screens you saw when you plugged your iphone in for the first time prompting you to choose your data plan etc.

Step 5: If you are on this step, you have an iPhone at the activation screen running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! [color=Lime]JAILBROKEN

The jailbreak won't process won't work, there is some sort of error message in the command prompt.
    "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.contains(Ljava/lang/CharSequenceZ
    at Jailbreak.prepareIphuc(Jailbreak.java:142)
    at Jailbreak.run(Jailbreak.java:223)
    at java.lang.Threak.run(Unknown Source)
    did you install updates for java? check the troubleshooting section
    For Help

GUIDES:

I feel like a total new-b again this is kinda embarrasing but hey we all need help sometime. Now heres my problem. I woke up this mornin and said hey I wanna upgrade (I was on good o'le 1.0.2) so I did I went to 1.1.1 (where I wanted to stay) but had no service (I have at&t) SO I read that u have to upgrade again so I did But I FOLLOWED ALL guides I jailbroke 1.1.1 already then "updated" to 1.1.2 BANG!!! service is back now I do the e-z jailbreak... WRONG windows.bat keeps saying cannot connect to ipod/iphone restart etc. so I do No luck. I do the ENTIRE process over & over to no avail where am I going wrong.

Yes I have java
    Yes I installed oktoprep
    Yes its actuall connected

I've read alot of ppl have been having this problem but I havent found a fix as of yet

Please help I cant do the stock look!
    Last edited by LeathaFace; 2008-01-13 at 05:17 AM.
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Thanks

I feel like a total new-b again this is kinda embarrasing but hey we all need help sometime. Now heres my problem. I woke up this mornin and said hey I wanna upgrade (I was on good o'le 1.0.2) so I did I went to 1.1.1 (where I wanted to stay) but had no service (I have at&t) SO I read that u have to upgrade again so I did But I FOLLOWED ALL guides I jailbroke 1.1.1 already then "updated" to 1.1.2 BANG!!! service is back now I do the e-z jailbreak... WRONG windows.bat keeps saying cannot connect to ipod/iphone restart etc. so I do No luck. I do the ENTIRE process over & over to no avail where am I going wrong.

Yes I have java
    Yes I installed oktoprep
    Yes its actuall connected

I've read alot of ppl have been having this problem but I havent found a fix as of yet

Please help I cant do the stock look!
    sorry man I have yet to find a fix, however, if you follow the "1.1.2 Without OktoPrep" Section, you can stop on 1.1.1 and have service.
    For Help

GUIDES:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

AFEI2 (2008-01-16)

okay once i jailbreak my phone how do i put custom stuff on it like the custom battery icons or themes??

Default ootb 1.1.2 activated w/att
    I unlocked teo phones in the past. #1 started with 1.0.2, went to 1.1.1 unocked it and upgraded to 1.1.2. Sold that one. #2 1.1.2 ootb 3 months ago, I downgraded to 1.1.1 unloked it and stopped.

Today 1/14/08 I got another iphone from apple. Serail has it at week 50. I gave up and activated it the legit way. I feel dirty now that I'm with att. Anyway, I wanted to try to jailbreak. I put it in restore mode (hold the sleep and home buttons until the connect to itunes icon displays), I open itunes but it recognizes it as an ipod. I cannot downgrade.

Here's some background...Two days ago I got an iphone, 1.1.2 week 51. Tried to jailbreak and so on. I screwed it up. It simply would reboot and scroll a bunch of code, then start all over. So, I took it back to the apple store today and pleaded ignorant, said it did this when I turned it on.

I would love to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, (do the oktoprep thing), unlock and upgrade to 1.1.2.

But I'm a bit nervous. Like eveyone else, I'll wait for 1.1.3.

The odd thing is I have been reading lots of forums and not once have I come accross a person who noted that itunes recognizes their phone as an ipod when in recovery mode.
    Last edited by ajaikarran; 2008-01-15 at 06:16 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Well as far as i have read in forums and posts all over the internet, Firmware 1.1.3 was just released today at around 1:00PM PST, but if you have a jailbroken phone not to update, is this a true statment? has anyone tried it? and if so what happens?

thank i forgot to say thanks for your guide it work i had a jailbroke iphone 1.1.2 since
    01-12-2008

Thanks

You lose all of your third party apps. Nothing bad I did it.
    For Help

GUIDES:

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast