Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

Thanks alot man, this worked perfectly

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

THKS SOLVED
    glad to hear it!

edit: i just kept closing and opening the windows.bat and it finally finished, i rebooted and then it did on its own and now the phone is jailbroken

thanks for all the help and hopefully we can get the sim unlock soon so i can use the phone with my t-mobile sim for now i will try to get my hands on a prepaid att sim and use that for now

thanks for everyone who tried to help again
    weird problem...glad you got it working!

ok on the activated iphone 1.1.2 OTB directions, i was able to get so far as to step 5 - after installing oktoprep (or whatever), i hit the upgrade, and it started going through the process.. bam. thats when i got the connect to itunes icon on the phone. This is my third time jailbreaking. I got the farthest this time with no problems. But now i am stuck.
    how far through the upgrading process do you get?

i beleive you might have to try it again, i've heard sometimes it takes a couple of tries.
    yeah if something is not working just do a clean restore and start over

hi sidetaker i have 1.1.2 otb and at&t customer,can i jailbreak and install-app thank you.
    yep just follow the 1.1.2 OTB guide

I too have a 1.1.2 otb iphone w/ at&t that im thinking of jailbreaking, will your frth method work. Also i have iTunes 7.5 , is this ok?
    itunes 7.5 will work fine and i dont remember what i put as the frth method im on dialup right now so im not going to check but the one titled 1.1.2 OTB is the one to use

Hi, I have tried several times to download apps snapp but nothing happens.
    I have followed the guide perfect. Can someone offer help please.
    Thanks in advance PS using the windows guide.
    my guide says nothing about appsnapp? follow my guide o.O

Thanks, I just kept trying and then it worked on about the 8th time.
    now it is jailbroken waiting on my stealth sims.
    Thanks a lot for this guide it worked perfect.
    glad to hear it!

I can not get my phone to Jailbreak from Jailbreakme.com. It keeps going to the Activation Screen. Is anyone else getting this?

OTB 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    Not able to Jailbreak!!!!
    Just keep trying...jailbreakme.com is a tad unreliable but works like a charm when it works at all

Thanks alot man, this worked perfectly
    Great!

NOTE: To Wayno: Thanks for coverin for me while im on vacation man its great to see someone else helpin out around my thread

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year guys!

Oh yeah...I'm still in Honduras (coming back the 3rd or the 4th). Some neat things that happened:

we got robbed
    we made friends with the locals who love firebombs and throwing them at the tourists (firebombs=firecrackers)
    we got sunburnt
    i found an internet cafe that offers incredibly slow dialup and im using it now

oh yeah and cant wait for 1.1.3...you all can be looking foward to my guide thanks to the overwhelming success of this one!
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

sLevin1fo (2007-12-29)

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

Alright. Thanks.
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

did the whole deal with a fresh 1.1.2 and it worked perfectly. thanks so much!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    NOTE: To Wayno: Thanks for coverin for me while im on vacation man its great to see someone else helpin out around my thread
    No worries, glad to be of service

I've been checking in here regularly, while kicking my heels waiting for 1.1.3. My 1.1.2 OTB is just about managing to keep me entertained but it would be nice to be able to make calls on it. Mind you, making the damn thing work with Linux is a challenge in itself ......

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

OTB 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    After 3 Days of trying JailBreakMe.com
    Jailbroken!!!

People dont give up on Jailbreakme.com. AppTap is getting busy!
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

Green Apple
    Thanks

My phone is already activated,so when ibrickr atempts to reboot phone what should i do after that??

this is from The Process (1.1.2 Out of Box): frth
    Step 2: If you are on this step you have just downgraded your Out of Box iPhone to firmware 1.1.1 and gotten error #1015. Open iBrickr (download here). One of the options it will give you will say something similar to "reboot phone" (I haven't done this myself but I will as soon as I can and let people know). Click on "reboot phone" (or the similar command) and iBrickr will attempt to reboot your phone. Activate your iPhone through iTunes after it has booted up (at this point don't worry about having no service, it will come back when we upgrade to 1.1.2 again).
    any help????

Default help
    my phone is now using 1.1.2 and is jail broken.
    BUT
    i have some problems, i just upgraded to 1.1.2 today and i have seen 2 problems already,
    1. my phone says it is running out of memory, it says:
    Warning
    You are running out of disk space.
    Please delete some photos or videos.

I do not have any songs or videos on the iphone Yet! and in itunes it says i have 7.25gb of free space? and it says Other 28mb used!

2. when it syncs with itunes, it just keeps syncing never finishes?

Does anyone else have this problem or is there a way to fix these? please let me know, and thank you for your help and support,
    Eric
    Last edited by thasiccest13; 2008-01-02 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added some more info

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The link to download firmware 1.1.1 is no good it appears (the one in the instructions)....

Quote Originally Posted by thasiccest13 View Post
    BUT
    i have some problems, i just upgraded to 1.1.2 today and i have seen 2 problems already,
    Warning

I do not have any songs or videos on the iphone Yet! and in itunes it says i have 7.25gb of free space? and it says Other 28mb used!

Does anyone else have this problem or is there a way to fix these? please let me know, and thank you for your help and support,
    Eric
    Download terminal off installer (term vt100 or something like that) run the program once installed and type df -h to see how much space you have left on the primary partition. I got that warning around 12mb but havent seen it since and im now on 9mb, not sure whats going on witht the sync though sorry.

Green Apple
    Thanks

1.1.1 linked worked for me lastnight!

If I have an Iphone that is week 30 but now is v. 1.1.2 firmware 04.01.13_G which guide do I use? Also I'm wanting to be able to swap alternate AT&T sim cards (alternate accounts). If I do the jailbreak will it not ask to activate once I switch in a new AT&T sim? Thanks guys.

PS. This thread is amazing.

Carter 1124, you need to downgrade to 1.1.1 , then you will get an error "1013" or "1015" it is not a problem, your phone we will be in restore mode still after the downgrade, use Ibrickr, open Ibrickr and hit the button "Boot the phone" then you will get the activation screen...(Your phone is now in 1.1.1) Now you use the Uber 1.1.1 Methode (very very easy) (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ght=ssh+client) PS: You don't need to do the STEP3 because it is now autimaticaly do when you instal appsnap by using jailbreakme.com......Enjoy if you have any question, feel free to ask me [email protected]
    PS2: after thaht, you will be able to switch your sim card as more as you want...Just need to keep a paper clip on you...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    awsome guide !! only thing that was left out that slowed me down was that the 1.1.1 FW link is not working so i had to search elsewere for it. Also that once I download FW 1.1.1 I the guide didnt mention to change the file extention from ".zip" to ".ipsw" once downloaded. Asides that JOB WELL DONE !

Here are a few tips to make sure things run smooth..

When runing iBrickr make sure you are runing a current version (you can check this by looking in the bottom left corner of iBrickr once you open it) if you use an old version it will not identify phone or will crash and give error message(will not harm phone).

Before using iBrickr as a precation I ended process on all apple and iTunes programs through Windows Task Manager. I also did the same when runing Jailbreak.

When upgrading to 1.1.2 from "jailbroken+okToprep" 1.1.1 I Recomend using the shift click Update option and manually selecting the downloaded 1.1.2 FW.

I am not sure if all these steps are necessary but after several attempts this is what worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by techguy1 View Post
    My phone is already activated,so when ibrickr atempts to reboot phone what should i do after that??

this is from The Process (1.1.2 Out of Box): frth
    Step 2: If you are on this step you have just downgraded your Out of Box iPhone to firmware 1.1.1 and gotten error #1015. Open iBrickr (download here). One of the options it will give you will say something similar to "reboot phone" (I haven't done this myself but I will as soon as I can and let people know). Click on "reboot phone" (or the similar command) and iBrickr will attempt to reboot your phone. Activate your iPhone through iTunes after it has booted up (at this point don't worry about having no service, it will come back when we upgrade to 1.1.2 again).
    any help????
    ok, I just want to make sure the steps you have already taken..
    based on the step that you are on you have already downloaded 1.1.1 first question did you change the file extention from .zip to .ipsw ? if not just go to the link and click on the name twice (not double click) to change the name of the link on the existing name delete the .zip at the end and replace it with .ipsw
    after you have done this let itunes start the restore process. Once it is finished you will get the connect to itunes display on your iphone do not do anything else ! close itunes and and end all apple and itunes programs through Windows task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and go to process tab anything that reads itunes or apple select it and click on end process.
    Now open iBrickr. Before doing anything else check bottom left corner, if iBrickr is out of date it will say so and give you a link to update. if its current it should have found your phone. Now click on "reboot phone" and follow instructions. Once you have finished this process your phone will be activated but wont have any service which is why you need a WiFi connection to go to the next step. give this a try and let us know how it goes ...
    Last edited by outcast420; 2008-01-02 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thasiccest13 View Post
    BUT
    Warning

Eric
    Take a look here.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...ght=disk+space.

Thanks

Hey outcast, which 1.1.1 link isn't working? Cause I keep trying them when people tell me they're down and they work fine for me...

1.1.3 is on the way folks buckle up!
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2008-01-03 at 07:02 AM.
    For Help

GUIDES:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

the sr5 (2008-01-03)

i got a problem.
    after i downgrade my 1.1.2 iphone to 1.1.1, use jailbreakme.com jailbreak already. And install the oktoprep already.
    After that, i upgrade to 1.1.2 back, and use jailbreak 1.1.2 to jailbreak again. when i hit the windows.bat, and process is prompt out an error message " only run after u use oktoprep on 1.1.1", but i already install when it is in 1.1.1 version. wat is the problem currently? can anyone help? thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

first i want to start off saying Great thread Sidetalker, and Happy Birthday!

But i just want to know before i do this as i really i want to! does anyone have any information about what is going to happen to the phones that are jailbroken when 1.1.3 is released? will they be Bricked? or is that only the phones that are unlocked?

Thanks

i got a problem.
    after i downgrade my 1.1.2 iphone to 1.1.1, use jailbreakme.com jailbreak already. And install the oktoprep already.
    After that, i upgrade to 1.1.2 back, and use jailbreak 1.1.2 to jailbreak again. when i hit the windows.bat, and process is prompt out an error message " only run after u use oktoprep on 1.1.1", but i already install when it is in 1.1.1 version. wat is the problem currently? can anyone help? thanks.
    sounds like you restored to 1.1.2 instead of upgrading to it. try try again!

first i want to start off saying Great thread Sidetalker, and Happy Birthday!

But i just want to know before i do this as i really i want to! does anyone have any information about what is going to happen to the phones that are jailbroken when 1.1.3 is released? will they be Bricked? or is that only the phones that are unlocked?
    only unlocked phones. the worst thing that could happen is all your apps disappear (that is also pretty much the only thing...and what will happen...yeah)
    For Help

GUIDES:

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Great! thanks for the info, then i really have nothing to lose im going to go for it! wish me luck everyone!

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast