Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    thanks man i knew i forgot to do that as i was up late last night doing this and i just missed it but i have another problem

im doing this whole procedure again since the windows.bat file was running then froze and i tried it few times and i decided to start everything from the beginning BUT
    how can i bypass the activation ?? i dont have a valid att sim i only have the one that came with the phone and i dont wanna sign up with att cuz i wanna eventually use the phone with t-mobile

i tried to read but i cant figure out how to bypass the activation, or do i just go ahead and skip the activation step and continue the whole procedure without it ??

thanks in advance
    The 1.1.2 Jailbreak package sorts out activation for you

Ok i did this guide and everything is working perfect but youtube doesnt work......Do u guys have any idea why youtube cannot be open.

THKS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzatcoatl View Post
    Ok i did this guide and everything is working perfect but youtube doesnt work......Do u guys have any idea why youtube cannot be open.

THKS
    http://www.ging.co.nz/youtube.php

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    The 1.1.2 Jailbreak package sorts out activation for you

thanks but i already got that, what is in it that im missing ??

also i used the *#301# step to get over that activation process and everything went fine BUT now when i load the windows.bat the process freezes either in the beginning or after 3 bars

WHATS THE PROBLEM ??? I TRIED THIS SO MANY TIME I KEEP RESTORING AND UPDATING AND I DONT WANNA SCREW THE PHONE UP PLEASE HELP

Thanks

thanks but i already got that, what is in it that im missing ??

also i used the *#301# step to get over that activation process and everything went fine BUT now when i load the windows.bat the process freezes either in the beginning or after 3 bars

WHATS THE PROBLEM ??? I TRIED THIS SO MANY TIME I KEEP RESTORING AND UPDATING AND I DONT WANNA SCREW THE PHONE UP PLEASE HELP
    OK so the *#307# allows you to get to jailbreakme.com when on 1.1.1, then you have to install Oktoprep and upgrate to 1.1.2 via iTunes (hit the update button, not restore). Once this has completed, run Windows.bat to jailbreak and activate 1.1.2.

That's the only process I know for 1.1.2 so if you're gettig stuck with that, all I can suggest is to clear your temporary internet files, install latest Java (I think you said you already did) and reboot (phone and PC).

Actually one more thing ..... after upgrading to 1.1.2 via iTunes, close iTunes and go to Task Manager (via CTRL-ALT-DEL) and kill off the iTunesHelper.exe process. Then run Windows.bat from Jailbreak 1.1.2.

OK so the *#307# allows you to get to jailbreakme.com when on 1.1.1, then you have to install Oktoprep and upgrate to 1.1.2 via iTunes (hit the update button, not restore). Once this has completed, run Windows.bat to jailbreak and activate 1.1.2.

That's the only process I know for 1.1.2 so if you're gettig stuck with that, all I can suggest is to clear your temporary internet files, install latest Java (I think you said you already did) and reboot (phone and PC).

Actually one more thing ..... after upgrading to 1.1.2 via iTunes, close iTunes and go to Task Manager (via CTRL-ALT-DEL) and kill off the iTunesHelper.exe process. Then run Windows.bat from Jailbreak 1.1.2.
    i just restored the phone to 1.1.2 and i wanna try iDemocracy and if that doesnt do it for me then im gonna try the guide again and i will try to kill off the itunes from the process and i will let u guys know

thanks for the help again

THKS SOLVED

i didnt like idemocracy so i used the guide again and i still get the same problem with the windows.bat file where it executes but it freezes or sometimes it gives me an error saying cannot connect to iphone

any ideas ??

thanks

i didnt like idemocracy so i used the guide again and i still get the same problem with the windows.bat file where it executes but it freezes or sometimes it gives me an error saying cannot connect to iphone

edit: i just kept closing and opening the windows.bat and it finally finished, i rebooted and then it did on its own and now the phone is jailbroken

thanks for all the help and hopefully we can get the sim unlock soon so i can use the phone with my t-mobile sim for now i will try to get my hands on a prepaid att sim and use that for now

thanks for everyone who tried to help again
    Last edited by spdracr; 2007-12-26 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

now the phone is jailbroken
    Glad to hear it, happy to help

ok on the activated iphone 1.1.2 OTB directions, i was able to get so far as to step 5 - after installing oktoprep (or whatever), i hit the upgrade, and it started going through the process.. bam. thats when i got the connect to itunes icon on the phone. This is my third time jailbreaking. I got the farthest this time with no problems. But now i am stuck.

Question unknown error (1)? when downgrading
    when i want to downgrade my 112otb to 111 the itune give me a message " unknown error (1)" what is that mean and how can i solve it?

ok on the activated iphone 1.1.2 OTB directions, i was able to get so far as to step 5 - after installing oktoprep (or whatever), i hit the upgrade, and it started going through the process in itunes, bam. thats when i got the connect to itunes icon on the phone, and an error in itunes saying it couldnt upgrade (1611). This is my fourth time trying to jailbreak. I have gotten to this step 5 twice in a row now. I even tried using brickr to get it out of the connect to itunes icon, and try upgrading again, but ibrickr does nothing.

i beleive you might have to try it again, i've heard sometimes it takes a couple of tries.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ahhhhhhhh my vibrate on my old iphone crapped out...so i got a refurbished 1.1.2! ahh...well atleast it works nicely...but its come to the point i cant stand the blandness of the phone so im gonna attempt this sucker...thanks for the indepth tutorial...ill give it my best. Happy Holidays man! - Tom

hi sidetaker i have 1.1.2 otb and at&t customer,can i jailbreak and install-app thank you.

I too have a 1.1.2 otb iphone w/ at&t that im thinking of jailbreaking, will your frth method work. Also i have iTunes 7.5 , is this ok?

Default appsnapp please help
    Hi, I have tried several times to download apps snapp but nothing happens.
    I have followed the guide perfect. Can someone offer help please.
    Thanks in advance PS using the windows guide.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morphiusrt View Post
    i beleive you might have to try it again, i've heard sometimes it takes a couple of tries.
    It took me a couple of attempts! When all else fails, reboot the computer and phone (as in hold the power button until 'slide to turn off' appears). Also make sure you have the latest iTunes, the latest Java and for good measure redownload the firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by mytho View Post
    hi sidetaker i have 1.1.2 otb and at&t customer,can i jailbreak and install-app thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgazda View Post
    I too have a 1.1.2 otb iphone w/ at&t that im thinking of jailbreaking, will your frth method work. Also i have iTunes 7.5 , is this ok?
    The 'frth' method should work for you guys
    Last edited by Wayno; 2007-12-29 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks, I just kept trying and then it worked on about the 8th time.
    now it is jailbroken waiting on my stealth sims.
    Thanks a lot for this guide it worked perfect.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

I can not get my phone to Jailbreak from Jailbreakme.com. It keeps going to the Activation Screen. Is anyone else getting this?

OTB 1.1.2
    Downgraded to 1.1.1
    Not able to Jailbreak!!!!
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast