Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Even with a stealthsim?

Is there any way around it?
    um i think its possible with turbosim and stealthsim...this is the jailbreaking part of the forums though move the questions over to the unlock section cause i really dont know that much about it....AT&T customer
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

ok thanks.

I inserted the stealthsim with my tmobile sim and itunes is asking me to upgrade to 7.5... so hopefully this is it..

Thanks

ok thanks.

I inserted the stealthsim with my tmobile sim and itunes is asking me to upgrade to 7.5... so hopefully this is it..
    wishin ya luck!
    For Help

GUIDES:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

PuertoRock33 (2007-12-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    wishin ya luck!
    Thanks man i got it to work!
    Had to hold the home and power a lil longer but i was able to unlock it and am now using it!

Appreciate the help!

Thanks

no problem dude glad you got it workin!
    For Help

GUIDES:

arggghh! I've been working on my iphone for about 2.5 hours! and now finally after i ran everything step by step the "window.bat" won't open. When I double click it the screen flashes but does not open up. HELP PLEASE!

you sir are a godsend. This is just the guide I've been looking for It's about time someone showed some Windows love.
    You can find Sciphone in the Links section...

Thanks

glad to hear it turbo! Bnose, you don't have the latest versionof java installed. Check out the troublehooting section at the end of my guide.
    For Help

GUIDES:

hi the 1.1.1 link doesnt work, i dont think u fixed it

Thanks

works for me... Just google it if its not working for you
    For Help

GUIDES:

I have just successfully unlocked my iphone with StealthSIM. Thanks to all the people who helped on various chat rooms.

I have one last question...I have a red dot on the top right hand corner of the green phone icon...does anyone know what this red dot is for?

Thanks again everyone.

anyone having an issue with edge not working sometimes?

it will randomly get like that, still makes calls. only way to bring it back is to do a full reset on the phone.

also had my battery icon get stuck and didnt change until I got the 10% warning. anyone else?

I'm a little confuse if someone can help me. I want to jailbreak my iPhone but I'm not sure if I was to follow step 2 or step 4 in this guide. Have not done any modification on my iPhone except for a ringtone. When I first bought the phone it was on fw 1.1.1 then I upgraded in iTunes to 1.1.2. Help would be ger appreciated I am a new bee and just afraid of messing my phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayzfelon View Post
    I'm a little confuse if someone can help me. I want to jailbreak my iPhone but I'm not sure if I was to follow step 2 or step 4 in this guide. Have not done any modification on my iPhone except for a ringtone. When I first bought the phone it was on fw 1.1.1 then I upgraded in iTunes to 1.1.2. Help would be ger appreciated I am a new bee and just afraid of messing my phone.
    You need step 2. Step 4 is for people who bought phones that came installed with firmware 1.1.2 out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by lz88 View Post
    I have just successfully unlocked my iphone with StealthSIM. Thanks to all the people who helped on various chat rooms.

I have one last question...I have a red dot on the top right hand corner of the green phone icon...does anyone know what this red dot is for?

Thanks again everyone.
    is it a red dot with a number in the dot? if so, that is how many missed calls you have. to get rid of it, just touch the phone icon and go to the missed calls.

i have a problem with this step, i installed the latest java and when i open up the bat file nothing happens, i am puzzled and i dont know what to do please help

thanks

Step 5: If you are on this step, you have an iPhone at the activation screen running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    i have a problem with this step, i installed the latest java and when i open up the bat file nothing happens, i am puzzled and i dont know what to do please help

thanks
    So you have the 1.1.2 Jailbreak file unzipped into a single folder - when you look at the files you have windows.bat, readme.txt, iTunesMobileDevice.dll and some others in front of you? You double-click on Windows.bat and you get absolutely nothing? Not even the black command prompt window? Newbies should note that when using Windows XP, you can view the contents of a Zip file in an Explorer-like Window but you cannot run the jailbreak process from this window, you MUST extract it first. Sorry if this sounds obvious but it is something I've come across before.

I would suggest re-downloading the file and unzip it to a different location.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Wayno For This Useful Post:

spdracr (2007-12-26)

Well I have read through all of the posts but I'm a little confused on which guide i should follow. I have a 1.1.2 OTB iphone that I have activated/unlocked through iTunes (not hack). Which guide do i need to follow so that I can install programs (jailbreak i think?). I'm worried that if I downgrade and jailbreak that my phone will get locked again? Any help would really be appreciated.

OMG you dont even know what ive been going through trying to get this to work. Then i stumbled upon your post and you hit the spot. It works perfectly. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    So you have the 1.1.2 Jailbreak file unzipped into a single folder - when you look at the files you have windows.bat, readme.txt, iTunesMobileDevice.dll and some others in front of you? You double-click on Windows.bat and you get absolutely nothing? Not even the black command prompt window? Newbies should note that when using Windows XP, you can view the contents of a Zip file in an Explorer-like Window but you cannot run the jailbreak process from this window, you MUST extract it first. Sorry if this sounds obvious but it is something I've come across before.

I would suggest re-downloading the file and unzip it to a different location.

thanks man i knew i forgot to do that as i was up late last night doing this and i just missed it but i have another problem

Step 2: If you are on this step you have just downgraded your Out of Box iPhone to firmware 1.1.1 and gotten error #1015. Open iBrickr (download here). One of the options it will give you will say something similar to "reboot phone" (I haven't done this myself but I will as soon as I can and let people know). Click on "reboot phone" (or the similar command) and iBrickr will attempt to reboot your phone. Activate your iPhone through iTunes after it has booted up (at this point don't worry about having no service, it will come back when we upgrade to 1.1.2 again).
    im doing this whole procedure again since the windows.bat file was running then froze and i tried it few times and i decided to start everything from the beginning BUT
    how can i bypass the activation ?? i dont have a valid att sim i only have the one that came with the phone and i dont wanna sign up with att cuz i wanna eventually use the phone with t-mobile

i tried to read but i cant figure out how to bypass the activation, or do i just go ahead and skip the activation step and continue the whole procedure without it ??

thanks in advance

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast