Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

Default Failed at the final hurdle!!??
    I went through it all with no problems.

But at the end when it says"Done. Phone will reboot a couple of times" when the phone came back on it just showed a picture of the cable and an arrow pointing to a cd with the music sign on it.

Any ideas on what went wrong and how to fix it please??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    closeee... the 1.1.2 baseband is very virginizable (meaning downgadeable to 1.0.2 state) HOWEVER... week 45+ iphones (1.1.2 out of box) have a new bootloader. the bootloader is needed to dowgrade/virginize/unlock the baseband. so with the new bootloader it is impossible to downgrade or unlock the 1.1.2 baseband. essentially...if you have 1.1.2 out of box, it is only possible to make calls and send texts on 1.1.2 and only on the default network. however it is possible to jailbreak any iphone currently.

hope that helped
    Ah yeh all good, guess i didnt read that part yet, guess we gta wait for it ;D

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

SAW my mind ?? SIDE TALKER and i changed your name. What about that German dude, he should tell everyone how he unlocked the new bootlog.
    Another Question , Kindly explain about the 1.1.3 , is it also released ????what difference will it make ?

AND what about below link
    http://ourphone.blogspot.com/2007/12...ob-unlock.html
    1.1.3 is not yet released so there is no way of knowing what it will be like or how to unlock it... (very unofficial word says sunday but i def wouldnt rely on that)

the link is the german guy who supposedly found out how to unlock 1.1.2 otb...i have my doubts but if its real im guessing it will be public fairly soon

Yep, got the new java and redownloaded the jailbreak.

I downgraded and started fresh with a new 1.1.1 -> oktoprep and started it all over. Same problem!!
    try a different computer. its got to be a computer problem.

Everything seems to run fine; except when I run iEraser. I get the resetting the baseband...done
    x
    x
    x
    .... for instructions on finding this file.
    Waiting for data...

nothing is happing while it is waiting for data. Suggestions? Thanks
    are you sure the files are in the right place? also if you want you can just bypass this step (unless you have unlocked your phone before) and go to 1.1.1 and install oktoprep with wifi

But at the end when it says"Done. Phone will reboot a couple of times" when the phone came back on it just showed a picture of the cable and an arrow pointing to a cd with the music sign on it.

Thanks
    hold down on the power and home buttons till the screen goes of and then let go of them right away. if it doesnt start up normally try firing up ibrickr and using that to boot your phone

yep but the wait might not be too long

fact or fiction?

SAW my mind ?? SIDE TALKER and i changed your name. What about that German dude, he should tell everyone how he unlocked the new bootlog.
    Another Question , Kindly explain about the 1.1.3 , is it also released ????what difference will it make ?

AND what about below link
    http://ourphone.blogspot.com/2007/12...ob-unlock.html
    1.1.3 is not yet released so there is no way of knowing what it will be like or how to unlock it... (very unofficial word says sunday but i def wouldnt rely on that)

the link is the german guy who supposedly found out how to unlock 1.1.2 otb...i have my doubts but if its real im guessing it will be public fairly soon

Yep, got the new java and redownloaded the jailbreak.

I downgraded and started fresh with a new 1.1.1 -> oktoprep and started it all over. Same problem!!
    try a different computer. its got to be a computer problem.

Everything seems to run fine; except when I run iEraser. I get the resetting the baseband...done
    x
    x
    x
    .... for instructions on finding this file.
    Waiting for data...

nothing is happing while it is waiting for data. Suggestions? Thanks
    are you sure the files are in the right place? also if you want you can just bypass this step (unless you have unlocked your phone before) and go to 1.1.1 and install oktoprep with wifi

Thanks
    hold down on the power and home buttons till the screen goes of and then let go of them right away. if it doesnt start up normally try firing up ibrickr and using that to boot your phone

yep but the wait might not be too long

fact or fiction?
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-12-14 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Default Anyone want make a few bucks
    I am sick of trying to get this jailbreak done. I have spent 6 hrs trying to do this and can't I will paypal anyone to call me and walk me through this. Drop me a line if someone is willing. I think 50 spot should do it

Thanks

I am sick of trying to get this jailbreak done. I have spent 6 hrs trying to do this and can't I will paypal anyone to call me and walk me through this. Drop me a line if someone is willing. I think 50 spot should do it
    ill do it for ya bro...dont need any cash you'll be the fourth person ive personally walked through. however i cant do it tonight cause im goin to bed early for experiments...yeah dont ask.

i work tommorow but i will def have time on saturday if not sooner.

its cool if you wanna get someone faster but ill be here if ya need it
    For Help

GUIDES:

Awesome, well my phone will not even restore to factory but i will wait until you have time drop me sa line [email protected] in the mean time if you have any quick fixes for getting the phone to work at all. It just stops at restoring and will not re boot even if i try to go back to factory settings. If not i will wail until
    Thanks

Thanks

Awesome, well my phone will not even restore to factory but i will wait until you have time drop me sa line [email protected] in the mean time if you have any quick fixes for getting the phone to work at all. It just stops at restoring and will not re boot even if i try to go back to factory settings. If not i will wail until
    Thanks
    tell ya what man i got 20 mins before i have to go to bed and im fairly confident i can get you a working phone. im me. sidetalker10...be quick
    For Help

GUIDES:

Hey Sidetalker,

What "problems" are being caused by not downgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.1.2 (Not OTB 1.1.2). I just wanna make sure I know what to watch for. If any problems occur I'll clean everything up and do it the long way.

Reako

Hey Sidetalker

I just got an iphone and am having trouble jailbreaking it. Can you help?

OK I just went through the whole process again and it worked a treat.

Many thanks Sidetalker and I did hit the button.

Hacktivated UK 1.1.2 OTB

Thanks

Hey Sidetalker,

What "problems" are being caused by not downgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.1.2 (Not OTB 1.1.2). I just wanna make sure I know what to watch for. If any problems occur I'll clean everything up and do it the long way.

Reako
    well my friend's phone crashes often when he tries to send an SMS and many of the 3rd party apps are extremely unstable on his phone vs. very stable on mine (especially the ones that have the little number at sometimes...installer and apollo) im helping him do it again on saturday

Hey Sidetalker

I just got an iphone and am having trouble jailbreaking it. Can you help?
    sure thing whats wrong?

OK I just went through the whole process again and it worked a treat.

Many thanks Sidetalker and I did hit the button.

Hacktivated UK 1.1.2 OTB
    glad to hear it
    For Help

GUIDES:

Well I got the iphone on week 45 and have been able to verify that I have 04.02.13-G, so from reading all the stuff on this site I gather I most probably have firmware version 1.1.2, but not sure how to check that for sure.

But with that assumption I downloaded jailbreak.zip and started to try the instructions, which states I need to downgrade to 1.1.1, then upgrdae to 1.1.2 and then I can jailbreak it and use it as an ipod until an unlocking solution comes out...the problem is when I hold down sleep and home the screen does go black, I let go the sleep button but continue holding the home button. A silver apple logo appears and then remains like this.

Now I do have the iphone on it base connected to the computer and I have downloaded the last itunes. What is suppose to happen after the silver apple appears on the iphone screen?

Is there an automated program out there that can jailbreak my iphone without me having to downgrade to 1.1.1?

Is there anyway you can help.

I'm stuck in 1.0.2, the step #7 is not working for me I keep getting error 1015 when trying to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

Edit: Nevermind I did the 1.1.2 Out of Box Process and it worked great. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by erickme; 2007-12-14 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lz88 View Post
    Well I got the iphone on week 45 and have been able to verify that I have 04.02.13-G, so from reading all the stuff on this site I gather I most probably have firmware version 1.1.2, but not sure how to check that for sure.

But with that assumption I downloaded jailbreak.zip and started to try the instructions, which states I need to downgrade to 1.1.1, then upgrdae to 1.1.2 and then I can jailbreak it and use it as an ipod until an unlocking solution comes out...the problem is when I hold down sleep and home the screen does go black, I let go the sleep button but continue holding the home button. A silver apple logo appears and then remains like this.

Now I do have the iphone on it base connected to the computer and I have downloaded the last itunes. What is suppose to happen after the silver apple appears on the iphone screen?

Is there an automated program out there that can jailbreak my iphone without me having to downgrade to 1.1.1?

Is there anyway you can help.
    Ok firstly, it is almost certain you are running FW 1.1.2. You need to follow the OTB 1.1.2 jailbreak steps on the first page. If you follow each step thoroughly, your phone will be jailbroken with no problems whatsoever. I can fully vouch for this write up, works flawlessly.

Reako

Thanks

I'm stuck in 1.0.2, the step #7 is not working for me I keep getting error 1015 when trying to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1

Edit: Nevermind I did the 1.1.2 Out of Box Process and it worked great. Thanks a lot.
    awesome you bet

Ok firstly, it is almost certain you are running FW 1.1.2. You need to follow the OTB 1.1.2 jailbreak steps on the first page. If you follow each step thoroughly, your phone will be jailbroken with no problems whatsoever. I can fully vouch for this write up, works flawlessly.

Reako
    what he said (and thanks for the flawlessly bit )
    For Help

GUIDES:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

rodinman
    what do you do when the jailbreak.jar wont recognize yor phone? Thats the issue I am having.

*update*
    It seems that java is the issue. I installed the latest version of java and it worked like a charm. So if anyone is having the same issue with the windows.bat not recognizing your phone, try updating your java. Worked for me.
    Last edited by rodinman; 2007-12-15 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

w
    hat do you do when the jailbreak.jar wont recognize yor phone? Thats the issue I am having.

*update*
    It seems that java is the issue. I installed the latest version of java and it worked like a charm. So if anyone is having the same issue with the windows.bat not recognizing your phone, try updating your java. Worked for me.
    lol yep

thats in the troubleshooting part of my guide :P
    For Help

GUIDES:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

rodinman
    I give ya a thanks.

Thanks

I give ya a thanks.
    amen to that!

lol look at how many thanks i have gotten from this thread man! thats more than like a bunch of mods lol... (but mods are god i bow to you)
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    amen to that!

lol look at how many thanks i have gotten from this thread man! thats more than like a bunch of mods lol... (but mods are god i bow to you)
    I'm sure the mods could alter that number whenever they want...

Reako

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast