Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Will an unlock work if it was an OTB 1.1.1 then upgraded to 1.1.2? (The apple guy did it :P)

Got my problem taken care of by trying a few more times to jailbreak.

OP, Your guide though has an error in step 3 of "The Process (1.1.1 or below):"

The "download here" link is pointing to 1.0.2 instead of 1.1.2. Just a heads up

Another problem here. After I ran oktoprep and updated(not restored) to 1.1.2 itunes gave me an error 6 and told me to restore. I hit restore and update (went fine without errors) and now the 1.1.2 jailbreak program tells me I need to run oktoprep on 1.1.2.

Any idea what this error 6 is and how I can either not get it or work around it?

Well I tried it and it got stuck (or said I needed the same file as firmware when I got to the iEraser cmd... I dont know what is going on... it said I needed the same I did upload the 2 files secpack secpack.bin but it said it needed to match and then it just hung on waiting for data... Now what..

Thanks

I think, the problem is that UK and German iPhones has the bootloader "4.6_M3S2" and not "3.9_M3S2". So the baseband downgrade wouln't work and the result ist:

Code:
    # bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.02.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:208
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:1
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION:4.6_M3S2
    Done
    ...and no successstory

login as: root
    [email protected]'s password:
    # launchctl
    launchd% unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    launchd% exit
    # cd /usr/bin
    # chmod +x iEraser
    # chmod +x bbupdater
    # iEraser
    Resetting the Baseband...Done
    Opened: /dev/tty.baseband
    iEraser: tool by geohot
    thanks to gray and the dev team for the implementation
    thanks to nightwatch for the awesome toolchain
    and thanks to anonymous, iProof, lazyc0der, and dinopio for the idea for this cool trick
    this tool erases your main fw, starting at 0x20000. you need this for the testpoint to work
    you need a file called secpack matching your current firmware version in this folder
    see http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com for instructions on finding this file
    Waiting for data...

# launchctl
    launchd% unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    launchd% exit
    # cd /usr/bin
    # chmod +x iEraser
    # chmod +x bbupdater
    # iEraser
    Resetting the Baseband...Done
    Opened: /dev/tty.baseband
    iEraser: tool by geohot
    thanks to gray and the dev team for the implementation
    thanks to nightwatch for the awesome toolchain
    and thanks to anonymous, iProof, lazyc0der, and dinopio for the idea for this cool trick
    this tool erases your main fw, starting at 0x20000. you need this for the testpoint to work
    you need a file called secpack matching your current firmware version in this folder
    see http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com for instructions on finding this file
    Waiting for data...

OK now what... I got the same thing and I am holding off on doing anything else.. I have redownloaded every file again and done it 2x and got this both times and this is the 3rd time I have tried.. anyone know what to do please let me know. I am not touching the phone it can stay in this state till I find out....

Unhappy jailbreak help???
    hello everyone, i bought a iphone friday and since then i have been trying to jailbreak it, the problem im having is after downgrading the firmware from 1.1.2 too 1.1.1 i get the error message from i-tunes and cant get the iphone out of recovery mode, i connect to ibricker but does not find the iphone so cant do anything..... any ideas? im following the instructions but still no joy? HELP!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

After jailbreaking 1.1.2, is it possible to use iBrickR, iPhoneBrowser, or another similiar program to upload files onto the iPhone? In other words, after "updating" the phone, do I need Wi-Fi to upload files?
    i believe you do need wifi for the time being. i cant imagine it will be long until an alternate method is released. correct me if im wrong.

Another problem here. After I ran oktoprep and updated(not restored) to 1.1.2 itunes gave me an error 6 and told me to restore. I hit restore and update (went fine without errors) and now the 1.1.2 jailbreak program tells me I need to run oktoprep on 1.1.2.

Any idea what this error 6 is and how I can either not get it or work around it?
    My only idea would be that you didnt restore 1.1.1 to get rid of all of your other programs and then re-jailbreak and install ONLY oktoprep. other programs sometimes make trouble when updating.

Sorry for all the problems european folks are having... i think dr. desaster is right

I think, the problem is that UK and German iPhones has the bootloader "4.6_M3S2" and not "3.9_M3S2". So the baseband downgrade wouln't work and the result ist:
    hello everyone, i bought a iphone friday and since then i have been trying to jailbreak it, the problem im having is after downgrading the firmware from 1.1.2 too 1.1.1 i get the error message from i-tunes and cant get the iphone out of recovery mode, i connect to ibricker but does not find the iphone so cant do anything..... any ideas? im following the instructions but still no joy? HELP!!!!
    have you tried:
    1. unplugging phone
    2. closing itunes
    3. closing ibrickr
    4. opening ibrickr
    5 plugging in phone?

Got my problem taken care of by trying a few more times to jailbreak.

OP, Your guide though has an error in step 3 of "The Process (1.1.1 or below):"

The "download here" link is pointing to 1.0.2 instead of 1.1.2. Just a heads up
    Thank you! I'll fix it immediately

EDIT: Fixed
    I am unable to erase the baseband. when i use iEraser and then check it with bbupdater -v i still have the baseband. any ideas why it isn't working?
    I would try restoring your iPhone to 1.0.2 (the firmware you should already be on) and jailbreaking and trying again.
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-11-13 at 01:23 PM.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

They should make OkToPrep stoop the bug fix so we can still use AppTapp and Hacktivate our iphones!

Is there anyway to hactivate 1.1.2?
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Quote Originally Posted by keniffsims View Post
    A few questions. Does ibrickr not find a phone, or does it just crash? If the latter, then try resetting your computer, it worked for me. Also, run in compatibility mode for XP if you are in Vista and try running in Administrator mode. Heck, do all 3 at the same time.

Also, if that doesn't work, then find iPhuc from somewhere. A copy of the program comes with iDemocracy (google it) open it up and it should enter into restore mode, type in:
    cmd setenv auto-boot true
    cmd saveenv
    cmd fsboot

one after another. However, if you don't use ibrickr eventually, you'll have to keep doing this, so ibrickr is your best option.

Thanks

thanks for the alternate method dilinator!
    For Help

GUIDES:

Wow, vista sucks. I need to restart EVERY time I restart iBrickr...

Is it possible to run AnySim after this jailbreak with a U.S. OTB 1.1.2 iPhone...???

Thanks

Wow, vista sucks. I need to restart EVERY time I restart iBrickr...
    Have you tried running it in XP compatible mode?

Is it possible to run AnySim after this jailbreak with a U.S. OTB 1.1.2 iPhone...???
    People are reporting various levels of success. I have no personal experience unlocking the iphone
    For Help

GUIDES:

Pls help Me
    stop in 314572800/314572800
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -stop.jpg  

hello, thanks guys i now have it working with ibricker, now i have another issue lol.... when i do the part on putty it goes through a long string of processes then the last line i get is
    "Error: Failed to download .EEP: Could not verify downloaded image." any ideas

Well first thanks for the instructions on how to do this but Im having trouble when connecting with WinSCP it times out and will not connect I've changed my ip address several times with no success if you have any ideas I would be greatful

The update worked fine with my iphone and IPSF unlock.
    But I have major problems.

*I cant go into the sms.app. It crashes everytime. Can see 2 sms avalibele, but can´t enter the app.
    *The same thing with missed calls. Crashes every time I try to enter it.
    *The phone freezes when someone trieng to call me. It dosent ring. Gets only one missed call.
    *I have signal to my swedish network and you can here it ring in the other phone. But nothing in my iphone.

What should I do? F****g Apple!!!
    Last edited by ticalo; 2007-11-13 at 03:54 PM.

Im having trouble with WinSCP it keeps timing out I have changed my ip address multiple time with no success. It keeps timing out if you have any suggestions that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    I would try restoring your iPhone to 1.0.2 (the firmware you should already be on) and jailbreaking and trying again.
    Still no good, iEraser doesn't erase baseband. I had a out of the box 1.1.2 if this makes a difference. Any other ideas?

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast