Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

Default When I run the 1.1.2 Jailbreak
    I get to about 70% on the "Progress..." meter. It says "Writing flash image..." Then it stops and hangs for like 30-60 seconds before jumping to 99% progress. After that happens it stops for good.

The whole program works very well until this problem occurs. I've tried it a few times now, even with the newest 6.3 version of Java.

Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My problem is strange. I've got a 1.1.2 phone that has the old bootloader. I went down to 1.1.1 after virginize but jailbreakme never really worked. The check always said that jailbraking has failed. I then just followed the guide and am on 1.1.2 again and anySim runned without a problem. But it still doesn't accept my SIM and wants to be activated everytime. What steps shall I proceed from here ? Unfortunately I did everything I could but maybe I still missed something.

Thanks in advance !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks sidetalker i will put it in restore mode
    but first should i use virginizer?
    i used anysim 1.1 to unloked

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

hi, after i ran ibrickr - it says i have version 1.1.1, and it says apple disables all hacks like ibrickr..... help please
    did ibrickr say that or did the iphone? is your phone in restore mode or is it 1.1.1 normal... more info pl0x

I get to about 70% on the "Progress..." meter. It says "Writing flash image..." Then it stops and hangs for like 30-60 seconds before jumping to 99% progress. After that happens it stops for good.

The whole program works very well until this problem occurs. I've tried it a few times now, even with the newest 6.3 version of Java.

Any ideas?
    dunno man...did you download the new java from here?

try redownloading the jailbreak...? also have you tried restarting the process of downgrading and upgrading with oktoprep again...? something may have gone wrong during that process or perhaps oktoprep didnt install correctly?

thanks sidetalker i will put it in restore mode
    but first should i use virginizer?
    i used anysim 1.1 to unloked
    i dont know anything about unlocking or the effects of unlocking...that is most likely where your problem lies.

My problem is strange. I've got a 1.1.2 phone that has the old bootloader. I went down to 1.1.1 after virginize but jailbreakme never really worked. The check always said that jailbraking has failed. I then just followed the guide and am on 1.1.2 again and anySim runned without a problem. But it still doesn't accept my SIM and wants to be activated everytime. What steps shall I proceed from here ? Unfortunately I did everything I could but maybe I still missed something.

Thanks in advance !
    downgrade all the way to 1.0.2 and virginize, then continue to 1.1.1 and oktoprep before continuing to 1.1.2 and jailbreaking + unlocking. virginizing is essential for those that have unlocked their iphone previously
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-12-12 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Need some help. I had a jailbroke 1.1.1. Installed oktoprep and ran that. Updated to 1.1.2 and when I try to run windows.bat it just flashes and goes away.
    I'm running Vista. Does that make any difference?
    Also I am already an ATT customer. The phone nows shows 1.1.2 but that is as far as I can get.

Thanks

Need some help. I had a jailbroke 1.1.1. Installed oktoprep and ran that. Updated to 1.1.2 and when I try to run windows.bat it just flashes and goes away.
    Also I am already an ATT customer. The phone nows shows 1.1.2 but that is as far as I can get.
    vista is prolly screwin with it...make sure you have the latest version of java and try restarting your computer and running it right away when it starts up...also if you're not already run ur compu in xp compatibility mode...
    For Help

GUIDES:

iPhone? More like MyPhone Fresh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bgattis View Post
    Hi bgattis,

You've probably not unzipped the jailbreak files.
    When opening the zip file you need to hit the button on top of the explorer to unzip.
    After that run the unzipped windows.bat.

Fresh...
    iFoneguide

Thanks

Hi bgattis,

You've probably not unzipped the jailbreak files.
    When opening the zip file you need to hit the button on top of the explorer to unzip.
    After that run the unzipped windows.bat.

Fresh...
    lol maybeeee...
    For Help

GUIDES:

iPhone? More like MyPhone Fresh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    lol maybeeee...
    Sure!

I'm not a bad guy, SideTalker...
    iFoneguide

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm a moron. I just rebuilt my pc and had not installed the latest java. Did that and all is great. This is awesome. Thanks for the quick replies.

I was just reading your entire guide for references, and I don't understand why you are saying you need to downgrade to 1.0.2 when you are running 1.1.2 (Not out of the box). I upgraded to 1.1.2 on accident, and all I did was downgrade to 1.1.1, installed the OktoPrep stuff, and then upgraded to 1.1.2 and it worked like a charm. I may be missing something somewhere though...

Reako

Ok, I managed to Jailbreak a US OTB week 49 1.1.2 with 04.02.13_G firmware & Bootloader 4.6M3S2 with the above process.

Now just sit and wait for a SIM Unlock.
    Anyone saw this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1vwwIZBCeM

Thoughts, feelings, about it all, anyone ?

Oh, and I did hit the Thanks button too

I smahsed my head to each and everywall I saw yesterday when I read this forum.
    My friends got 3 IPHONES from UA ( in DUBAI) without knowing anything about the Bootloader or the 45th week and above. I myself have one GOOD 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 IPHONE. After yesterday I am in love with 1.1.1 and 0.2

YES the procedures by SIDE WALKER (HATS OFF TO YOU MAN) worked fine and jailbreak the OOTB 1.1.2 46th and 47th Week but yet to make the Sim work. I tried anysim 1.1 on the after jailbreaking but it hangs the phone and do no load again . The apple icon with that spinning wheel continues to show forever. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME. I WANT IT TO WORK FINE.

anyways, the video link provided by Phuket is released in 11246unlock.com forum, its a German Guy who actually did unlock teh bootloader 4.6 and does not want to share it currently to anyone...... I spent my 4 hours yesterday but learnt alot no matter didnt achieve much kee this forum updated PLEASE PLEASE

Thanks

Sure!

I'm not a bad guy, SideTalker...
    haha you a good guy?

I'm a moron. I just rebuilt my pc and had not installed the latest java. Did that and all is great. This is awesome. Thanks for the quick replies.
    you bet man

I was just reading your entire guide for references, and I don't understand why you are saying you need to downgrade to 1.0.2 when you are running 1.1.2 (Not out of the box). I upgraded to 1.1.2 on accident, and all I did was downgrade to 1.1.1, installed the OktoPrep stuff, and then upgraded to 1.1.2 and it worked like a charm. I may be missing something somewhere though...

Reako
    your right dude its not entirely necessary but a lot of people (my friend included) have had problems when they dont wipe their baseband first...just minor glitches and stuff. most of the time you're fine but better safe than sorry

Ok, I managed to Jailbreak a US OTB week 49 1.1.2 with 04.02.13_G firmware & Bootloader 4.6M3S2 with the above process.

Now just sit and wait for a SIM Unlock.
    Anyone saw this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1vwwIZBCeM

Thoughts, feelings, about it all, anyone ?

Oh, and I did hit the Thanks button too
    you are welcome and welcome to the forums

I smahsed my head to each and everywall I saw yesterday when I read this forum.
    My friends got 3 IPHONES from UA ( in DUBAI) without knowing anything about the Bootloader or the 45th week and above. I myself have one GOOD 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 IPHONE. After yesterday I am in love with 1.1.1 and 0.2

YES the procedures by SIDE WALKER (HATS OFF TO YOU MAN) worked fine and jailbreak the OOTB 1.1.2 46th and 47th Week but yet to make the Sim work. I tried anysim 1.1 on the after jailbreaking but it hangs the phone and do no load again . The apple icon with that spinning wheel continues to show forever. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME. I WANT IT TO WORK FINE.

anyways, the video link provided by Phuket is released in 11246unlock.com forum, its a German Guy who actually did unlock teh bootloader 4.6 and does not want to share it currently to anyone...... I spent my 4 hours yesterday but learnt alot no matter didnt achieve much kee this forum updated PLEASE PLEASE
    i smash my head to you sir. my name is sideTALKER. i do keep it updated and reply to every single comment . also the unlock wont work for week 45+ because of the new bootloader...hope i answered your questions? i was a tad confused.
    For Help

GUIDES:

correct me if im wrong.. from the reading ive been doing.. you cant downgrade the 1.1.2 baseband as of yet? but just the firmware.. this correcT?

Thanks

correct me if im wrong.. from the reading ive been doing.. you cant downgrade the 1.1.2 baseband as of yet? but just the firmware.. this correcT?
    closeee... the 1.1.2 baseband is very virginizable (meaning downgadeable to 1.0.2 state) HOWEVER... week 45+ iphones (1.1.2 out of box) have a new bootloader. the bootloader is needed to dowgrade/virginize/unlock the baseband. so with the new bootloader it is impossible to downgrade or unlock the 1.1.2 baseband. essentially...if you have 1.1.2 out of box, it is only possible to make calls and send texts on 1.1.2 and only on the default network. however it is possible to jailbreak any iphone currently.

hope that helped
    For Help

GUIDES:

Default Tried everything????!
    I have tried everything and i can not jail break my phone. I have itunes 7.4 with a out of the box itunes activated vs 1.1.2 phone. I tried idomocracy and that would not even open. Windows just gave me an error and closed. The phone acts like it is doing something for about 1 min when i try to downgrade it to 1.1.1 using the steps provided then it stops and doesn't do anything else. I tried ibrick and that gives me the green restore screen and iphuk does nothing as well. What am i overlooking? The phone is completely useless right now. it will not even restore to factory settings and ibrick does not even know it is there anymore. Please help!

haha you a good guy?

you bet man

your right dude its not entirely necessary but a lot of people (my friend included) have had problems when they dont wipe their baseband first...just minor glitches and stuff. most of the time you're fine but better safe than sorry

you are welcome and welcome to the forums

i smash my head to you sir. my name is sideTALKER. i do keep it updated and reply to every single comment . also the unlock wont work for week 45+ because of the new bootloader...hope i answered your questions? i was a tad confused.
    SAW my mind ?? SIDE TALKER and i changed your name. What about that German dude, he should tell everyone how he unlocked the new bootlog.
    Another Question , Kindly explain about the 1.1.3 , is it also released ????what difference will it make ?

AND what about below link
    http://ourphone.blogspot.com/2007/12...ob-unlock.html
    Last edited by emmjay; 2007-12-13 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dunno man...did you download the new java from here?

try redownloading the jailbreak...? also have you tried restarting the process of downgrading and upgrading with oktoprep again...? something may have gone wrong during that process or perhaps oktoprep didnt install correctly?
    Yep, got the new java and redownloaded the jailbreak.

I downgraded and started fresh with a new 1.1.1 -> oktoprep and started it all over. Same problem!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Problem with step 6 (phone prev upgraded to 1.1.2)
    Everything seems to run fine; except when I run iEraser. I get the resetting the baseband...done
    x
    x
    x
    .... for instructions on finding this file.
    Waiting for data...

nothing is happing while it is waiting for data. Suggestions? Thanks

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast