Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the version says 1.1.1
    modem firmware 04.02.13_G
    should i use virginizer?
    do you thing itunes will recognize it?

do i have to put firmware 1.1.1 with itunes again?

should i use itunes 7.4?
    Last edited by stockman; 2007-12-08 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

As far as I know, u gotta use verginizer only if u unlocked ur phone and messed up IMEI.
    P.S. I'm going to uncles today where WiFi hot spot is and will use this guide to jailbreak, I already tried to run windows.bat file just to make sure it works. Oh gotta try iBrick.
    another thing, anybody knows if currently there any problems with jailbreakme.com, I ve read it has a lot problems not working properly lately?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i use jailbreakme.com yesterday worked fin for me

fine sorry
    Last edited by stockman; 2007-12-08 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heyyy Sidetalker. I installed the SSH with the Jailbreak, but I didn't realize what it ultimately would install...consequently, now I want to uninstall it because I can just install 'Services' or one of the others from Installer. I know you probably have some more tricks up your sleeve.

::edit:: nevermind, I just went into WinSCP and deleted the "SSH.app" folder.

But how come my custom icons aren't changing for 1.1.2? I restarted springboard and my phone, no change.
    Last edited by back2thebeatof84; 2007-12-09 at 01:52 AM.

just downloaded iBrick and when i opened it, the only button it has is "Free my iPhone!" I guess thats what i have to use to reboot my iphone after i downgrade 1.1.2 -> 1.1.1, is that right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

the version says 1.1.1
    modem firmware 04.02.13_G
    should i use virginizer?
    do you thing itunes will recognize it?

do i have to put firmware 1.1.1 with itunes again?

should i use itunes 7.4?
    you cant virginize that baseband. jailbreak at jailbreakme.com using ur wifi, install oktoprep, update, and use the 1.1.2 jailbreak
    another thing, anybody knows if currently there any problems with jailbreakme.com, I ve read it has a lot problems not working properly lately?
    it worked at 2 am last night. if it doesnt work at first...try try agian

Heyyy Sidetalker. I installed the SSH with the Jailbreak, but I didn't realize what it ultimately would install...consequently, now I want to uninstall it because I can just install 'Services' or one of the others from Installer. I know you probably have some more tricks up your sleeve.

::edit:: nevermind, I just went into WinSCP and deleted the "SSH.app" folder.

But how come my custom icons aren't changing for 1.1.2? I restarted springboard and my phone, no change.
    hey i got ur pm dude...services only turns ssh on and off...u need it installed to use it at all. >.< too late...looks like ur reinstallin

just downloaded iBrick and when i opened it, the only button it has is "Free my iPhone!" I guess thats what i have to use to reboot my iphone after i downgrade 1.1.2 -> 1.1.1, is that right?
    a good rule of thumb with ibrickr is "if you dont know if ur supposed to hit the button...hit it" ibrickr pretty much wont mess up your phone unless ur a total retard and like delete files from the core of it. yeh
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

I'm on step 4 trying to login through SCP and I'm getting the error "Connection Refused." So I joined another wireless network and changed the IP Address of the SCP profile and it changes from Connection Refused to Timeout. What do I do to get past this?
    Last edited by grbspltt; 2007-12-09 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks

I'm on step 4 trying to login through SCP and I'm getting the error "Connection Refused" What do I do to fix this?
    that means ssh is not installed or is not on.
    For Help

GUIDES:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

grbspltt (2007-12-09)

Thanks, that was the problem. I was watching the Mayweather/Hatton fight and got side tracked. Now I'm stuck on the Putty.exe.
    I'm logged in and the screen has -sh-3.2#
    I tried to enter the commands, but when I key in "lau" of launchctl putty closes. I must be missing something.

hey Sidetalker, I used ur guide step by step for 1.1.2 OOTB iPhone week 46 and everything went smooth. After all I have 1.1.2 and its baseband 4_12, I got ssh and installer icon on home screen. But the thing now is that when I open either ssh or installer its just blank white screen and after like 15 seconds crashes and goes back to home screen. Sidetalker, do u know what prob I might have? Everything seemed to go smooth. What will happen if I'll rerun windows.bat file and can I do it at all? Suggest me something. Really wonna mod my iPhone, thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@Sidetalker, Hey man I just wanted to let you know thanks for the guide! I upgraded a 1.0.2 to an unlocked 1.1.2 and also I jailbreaked a OTB 1.1.2. I had no problems with anything. It went so smooth! THANKS!!
    Its a really good guide on upgrading ur 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 on www.hacktheiphone.com. that helped me out alot too! its soo easy people, IF I CAN DO IT, U CAN TRUST ME!

Thanks

@Sidetalker, Hey man I just wanted to let you know thanks for the guide! I upgraded a 1.0.2 to an unlocked 1.1.2 and also I jailbreaked a OTB 1.1.2. I had no problems with anything. It went so smooth! THANKS!!
    Its a really good guide on upgrading ur 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 on www.hacktheiphone.com. that helped me out alot too! its soo easy people, IF I CAN DO IT, U CAN TRUST ME!
    you bet man glad i could help
    For Help

GUIDES:

dear sidetalker,

I have an OTB 1.1.2. I followed your directions to get it downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbreaked it using the website jailbreakme.com. I would like to not upgrade back to 1.1.2 and stay at 1.1.1 but i am not able to get any service...your directions said don't worry service will come back when upgraded back to 1.1.2. I wanted to know if there was any way to get service at the 1.1.1 level. Thanks in advnace.

Thanks

dear sidetalker,

I have an OTB 1.1.2. I followed your directions to get it downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbreaked it using the website jailbreakme.com. I would like to not upgrade back to 1.1.2 and stay at 1.1.1 but i am not able to get any service...your directions said don't worry service will come back when upgraded back to 1.1.2. I wanted to know if there was any way to get service at the 1.1.1 level. Thanks in advnace.
    the only way is to virginize which is impossible with the new bootloader... so no.

sorryyyy

COME JOIN US AT 1.1.2!!! (its cooler)
    For Help

GUIDES:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

akim125 (2007-12-10)

haha thanks for the really quick response sidetalker! WIsh i could thank you 50 times

Thanks

what can i say man...live to serve
    For Help

GUIDES:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

whoadizzle (2007-12-11)

Hi sidetalker
    Im french and first of all i would like to thank u for this great job uve done!
    However i have a problem i have the version 1.1.2 out of the box, i've done all the steps with sucess (and time). At the end, windows.bat says reboot ur device (but don't says "done!"), my iphone reboots and i reboot it manually. I can check that my version is 1.1.2 in itunes. But when i try to put my sim card inside, the iphone says that my simcard is incorrect because "this iphone needs to be used with an approved simcard". Consequently i do't have any network...Do u know why and what i can i do to remediate it?
    Thank you for ur response and again thanks for these explanations
    Ps: i'm sorry if the traduction french is not correct...

Thanks

your sim card should have been inside the entire time...

are you using the sim card that came with your iphone?
    For Help

GUIDES:

yes i use the AT and T card and a the end i replace with my sim card what do u think?

Thanks

you cannot currently use an out of box 1.1.2 iphone with a sim card other than the one that came with it originally. sorry
    For Help

GUIDES:

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast