Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] Jailbreaking 1.1.2 (Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by Piazza331 View Post
    I'm doing your method as we speak. I did have a question though.

If I get everything up and working 1.1.2 Jailbroken... What happens if I happens if I ever need to do a restore. I'm worried it will restore me to 1.1.2 without Oktoprep.
    BECAREFUL!!! i hope is not to late, the link he putted in the guide to download the 1.1.2 is from apple, this firmware upgraded my baseband, I have restored my iphone about 50 times now, i am now downloading the firmware from this site in the downloads area I hope that does work, right now I am downgrading to 1.0.2 to restore the baseband with 03.0X I hope it works then i will install 1.1.1 and run ok to prep and then I will install the firmware 1.1.2 from this site jailbraek and see what happens!!! and dont worry you can always go back and do it all again

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xe1uca For This Useful Post:

seanobx (2007-11-19)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

its the same firmware silly-face... Its supposed to upgrade your firmware... Lol hope your not too late there's been like 12 pages of comments

sean send me screenies when you have time I'll try to help you out.
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-11-19 at 10:02 PM. Reason: i said idiot...thats mean. changed to silly-face
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

seanobx (2007-11-19)

You are right, I am sorry finally I got stock with the 1.1.2 jailbreaked and used any sim 1.2 and I have signal and i can make calls from contacts but i cant make them from the keypad it crashes when i digit anything also the sms I opened and it crashes, do you have any idea how can I solve this? may be installing sms application and the sms app from earlier firmware app Please help me you are right I made a mistake with my last comment, please help me. Thanks for all the contributions

Thanks

You are right, I am sorry finally I got stock with the 1.1.2 jailbreaked and used any sim 1.2 and I have signal and i can make calls from contacts but i cant make them from the keypad it crashes when i digit anything also the sms I opened and it crashes, do you have any idea how can I solve this? may be installing sms application and the sms app from earlier firmware app Please help me you are right I made a mistake with my last comment, please help me. Thanks for all the contributions
    try downloading the stock applications from MMI and then deleting the apps off your phone and putting them back on. if that doesnt work i guess you have to do it over again. anysim 1.2 has been givin a bunch of people problems
    For Help

GUIDES:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

xe1uca (2007-11-19)

I am having the same problem as seanobx - I went all the way down to 1.0.2 and followed the instructions exactly.. up to 1.1.1 jailbroke and installed oktoprep.. upgrade to 1.1.2 and started the jailbreak (both the download and the one copy in democracy 2.0) and i get the opening java popup, i click jailbreak and it gives me an error saying it can't connect...

Itunes can connect.. Ibrikr can connect.. I can grab the pics off of it but for some reason this method can't see it.. what would cause it to not connect? Is there any other method to jailbreaking 1.1.2? I need help

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wikked For This Useful Post:

xe1uca (2007-11-20)

Sorry for my ignorance wich Stock Applications from MMI, then shall I delete the applicatiosn using winSCP and resetting and then put thing them on again, could you plase explain it to me kind like for dummies, I will appreciated a lot I believe that might be the solution
    Last edited by xe1uca; 2007-11-20 at 01:04 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

First of all, let me just say that this is an excellent guide, Sidetalker; VERY well written out. Thanks much. I did use iDemocracy 2.0 to jailbreak my phone, but I also completely read through your guide several times to understand the process as well as I could.

I had been very reluctant to do the upgrade thing and was running on 1.0.2 and I really love that version (jailbroken, never unlocked). I had decided to stay with 1.0.2 after having inadvertently upgrading to 1.1.1 when it came out (based on early reports that it allowed 3rd party software to be run on it), but was able to downgrade back to 1.0.2 jailbroken and use my 3rd party apps, themes, etc., again (albiet still having the 1.1.1 baseband).

Which brings me up to 2 days ago, when I finally decided it was time to give iDemocracy 2.0 a try and bring my phone up to jailbroken 1.1.2. The process seemed to go very smoothly and I had no problems that I could see. For all intents and purposes, my phone now seems fully-functional jailbroken 1.1.2.

However, unlike others I have talked to with 1.1.2 jailbroken phones, I find that I cannot install and make successfully run some software, i.e. iSwitcher, TicTacToe, and xLaunch (only 3 that I know of at this point). And I'd like to try out Stacks also (which says it is only for 1.1.1 but a friend is successfully running it on 1.1.2). I really love iSwitcher as it contains my favorite theme called Aqwoah which I dearly love.

I have considered attempting the downgrade process back to 1.1.1 again, and trying to upgrade again to 1.1.2 to see if that fixes this problem, but that process seems a bit risky due to the need to "quickly" access my WiFi, which is secured and I may have to enter my long key. I am also concerned about not being able to use the Tiff exploit once it has been used. Is this correct? Am I stuck at this 1.1.2 now? At this point, I am almost sorry that I left my beloved 1.0.2.

Anyway, if anybody else is in this or a similar situation and has successfully downgraded back to 1.1.1 and back up to jailbroken(fully working) 1.1.2, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
    Sponge

Thanks

I am having the same problem as seanobx - I went all the way down to 1.0.2 and followed the instructions exactly.. up to 1.1.1 jailbroke and installed oktoprep.. upgrade to 1.1.2 and started the jailbreak (both the download and the one copy in democracy 2.0) and i get the opening java popup, i click jailbreak and it gives me an error saying it can't connect...

Itunes can connect.. Ibrikr can connect.. I can grab the pics off of it but for some reason this method can't see it.. what would cause it to not connect? Is there any other method to jailbreaking 1.1.2? I need help
    i dont know what to say other than restart the guide and try again. a few people in this thread have reported that problem but i havent seen it anywhere else in the forums and havent heard anything about a fix for it. sorry dude

Sorry for my ignorance wich Stock Applications from MMI, then shall I delete the applicatiosn using winSCP and resetting and then put thing them on again, could you plase explain it to me kind like for dummies, I will appreciated a lot I believe that might be the solution
    just do exactly what you said

delete the phone.app and sms.app and put the ones that you downloaded from MMI onto your phone with winscp. just set the permissions to the same as all the other stock files (stocks.app etc)

First of all, let me just say that this is an excellent guide, Sidetalker; VERY well written out. Thanks much. I did use iDemocracy 2.0 to jailbreak my phone, but I also completely read through your guide several times to understand the process as well as I could.

I had been very reluctant to do the upgrade thing and was running on 1.0.2 and I really love that version (jailbroken, never unlocked). I had decided to stay with 1.0.2 after having inadvertently upgrading to 1.1.1 when it came out (based on early reports that it allowed 3rd party software to be run on it), but was able to downgrade back to 1.0.2 jailbroken and use my 3rd party apps, themes, etc., again (albiet still having the 1.1.1 baseband).

Which brings me up to 2 days ago, when I finally decided it was time to give iDemocracy 2.0 a try and bring my phone up to jailbroken 1.1.2. The process seemed to go very smoothly and I had no problems that I could see. For all intents and purposes, my phone now seems fully-functional jailbroken 1.1.2.

However, unlike others I have talked to with 1.1.2 jailbroken phones, I find that I cannot install and make successfully run some software, i.e. iSwitcher, TicTacToe, and xLaunch (only 3 that I know of at this point). And I'd like to try out Stacks also (which says it is only for 1.1.1 but a friend is successfully running it on 1.1.2). I really love iSwitcher as it contains my favorite theme called Aqwoah which I dearly love.

I have considered attempting the downgrade process back to 1.1.1 again, and trying to upgrade again to 1.1.2 to see if that fixes this problem, but that process seems a bit risky due to the need to "quickly" access my WiFi, which is secured and I may have to enter my long key. I am also concerned about not being able to use the Tiff exploit once it has been used. Is this correct? Am I stuck at this 1.1.2 now? At this point, I am almost sorry that I left my beloved 1.0.2.

Anyway, if anybody else is in this or a similar situation and has successfully downgraded back to 1.1.1 and back up to jailbroken(fully working) 1.1.2, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
    Sponge
    first off 1.1.2 runs much smoother and is more secure than 1.0.2 (1.1.1 is better too but not as good ). if you downgrade back to 1.1.1 then you can re-use the tiff exploit...my process un-patches it

regarding your problem of running apps...what exactly is wrong? are you using installer.app? do they open then crash right away? do they not download at all? does installer.app tell you that you need 1.1.1? let me know exactly whats wrong and ill do my best to help you.

regards, kevin
    For Help

GUIDES:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

seanobx (2007-11-20)

bombdiggityy got it to go only took 2 days 85 more grey hairs and 13 redbulls!!!!! this guide is so easy to foloow. too so long cause what i thought was the right runtime environment for java, turned out not to be. so it was a big hiccup on my end. the instructions for each setup are so blatant ray charles could see it through!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

first off 1.1.2 runs much smoother and is more secure than 1.0.2 (1.1.1 is better too but not as good ). if you downgrade back to 1.1.1 then you can re-use the tiff exploit...my process un-patches it

regarding your problem of running apps...what exactly is wrong? are you using installer.app? do they open then crash right away? do they not download at all? does installer.app tell you that you need 1.1.1? let me know exactly whats wrong and ill do my best to help you.

regards, kevin[/QUOTE]

iSwitcher 2.22 - Yes, used Installer, then tried using iBrickr 0.91 "install from a .pxl file method ( I had downloaded the iSwitcher 2.22 .pxl file from this forum when Installer wouldn't work). Icon did show up on springboard finally (after several attempts at installing and un-installing), however when I press the icon, screen comes up says "Loading Themes, please wait..." it then pauses for several seconds, and then merely goes back to my home screen. I did also download and install the 5 theme packages and their updates. Further investigation by WinSCP'ing into my iPhone, showed that some of the files were in the iSwitcher.app directory in the Applications directory; however, one file in particular which I think is the main iSwitcher program file (name is merely iSwitcher) showed "0" bytes. I compared that with other programs installed and working in the Applications folder and the other programs (by name) did not show "0" bytes.

TicTacToe - Yes, used Installer first and then used iBrickr 0.91. Tried repeatedly to install and un-install then re-install. No icon appears on springboard (worked fine on 1.0.2) On Customize, the program appears and the "eye" is there, but again, no icon appears. WinSCP'ing into my phone reveals only 1 file in the TicTacToe.app directory in the Applications directory, "cell.png" with "0" bytes.

XLaunch - Yes, used Installer first to try to install v. 0.17 with no success, and then also tried iBrickr 0.91 to attempt installing v. 0.15 with no success. Icon does not appear on the springboard. WinSCP'ing into my phone reveals 1 file only in the XLaunch.app directory named "default.png" with "0" bytes.

As an added problem, when I receive updates on Installer and proceed to install the update, the little red circle (with the number of updates awaiting inside of it) refuses to go away no matter how many times I "update", even after re-setting (shutting off, then turning back on) my phone.

Hope that is a thorough enough description of my problem.

Sponge

Thanks

it sounds like something pretty major is wrong lol... Try using my guide for jailbreaking 1.1.2 out of box. It'll take some time but should start you over fresh... Good luck and sorry I can't be any more help!

bombdiggityy got it to go only took 2 days 85 more grey hairs and 13 redbulls!!!!! this guide is so easy to foloow. too so long cause what i thought was the right runtime environment for java, turned out not to be. so it was a big hiccup on my end. the instructions for each setup are so blatant ray charles could see it through!!!!!!
    added your tip to the updates and the new troubleshooting section of my tutorial... thanks bunches seanobx!
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-11-20 at 05:53 AM.
    For Help

GUIDES:

HEY I AM VERY HAPPY I FINALLY DID IT, I didnt unistall the applications you told me I found this page that has a very difficult process, but after al not that much so I am running 1.1.2 the TODAY November 19 version available from itunes on base band 04.02.13_G Jail BREAK after running any SIM 1.2 and following the process in this page

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...phone_sms_apps

So IF You arein this problem as with sms and phone crashing here is the solution

SideTaljer THANK YOU very much for all your patience and support in this painful precess of learning how to mod new firmwares

Thanks

HEY I AM VERY HAPPY I FINALLY DID IT, I didnt unistall the applications you told me I found this page that has a very difficult process, but after al not that much so I am running 1.1.2 the TODAY November 19 version available from itunes on base band 04.02.13_G Jail BREAK after running any SIM 1.2 and following the process in this page

http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit...phone_sms_apps

So IF You arein this problem as with sms and phone crashing here is the solution

SideTaljer THANK YOU very much for all your patience and support in this painful precess of learning how to mod new firmwares
    your very welcome ill add that to the troubleshooting tonight
    For Help

GUIDES:

Thanks for all the firmware. Its a good idea to have them all saved on your hard drive.
    Also I have Vista and I tried downloading net framework 3.0 and a window popped up saying its only for windows xp service pack 2

Thanks

that may mean that windows already comes with it? If that's not the case just do a quick google search (that's what I did to find it in the first place) I thought this thread was done for!
    For Help

GUIDES:

I cant get ringtones to work on 1.1.2, I followed the steps completely and everything is jailbroken and installed BSD and openshh. Any reason why it might not be working

Thanks

what program are you using to get ringtones? My suggestion would be to use installer.app to install "sendsong" and use that program to get ringtones. Works like a charm
    For Help

GUIDES:

iPhone? More like MyPhone yomommah's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey does this work w/ itouch? ive tried it and it doesnt work

Thanks

Hey does this work w/ itouch? ive tried it and it doesnt work
    i dont really know...since the touch doesnt have a baseband i imagine you could just downgrade to 1.1.1 install oktoprep and upgrade and jailbreak...but i really dont know
    For Help

GUIDES:

Thanks so much for your step by step guide. I went through the whole process without oktoprep and got my beloved 1.1.1 and all my settings back! And on the the first try! Thank you! Thank you!

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast