Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot Ssh Any Files To My Phone

Default Cannot Ssh Any Files To My Phone
    I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem, several weeks ago I jailbroke my phone with winpwn... and ever since then i have not been able to manuelly install any files. I can ssh into the with no problem, but any files that i try and install the phone does not recognize it. However if i intall the same file from installer app it will install no problem. I do have BSD install and any tweaks that are availible. I recently restore my phone back to factory, and re- jailbroke it with liberty 3.0, and i still have the same problem. The phone function normally except not being able to ssh files to the phone and have them work.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you sure,that you are installing to the RIGHT directory? Are you trying to install themes or apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    Are you sure,that you are installing to the RIGHT directory? Are you trying to install themes or apps?

Yes im sure i'm installing them in the right directory....i know my way around the phone...its everything i try and to manuelly install no matter what it is, themes apps it will not take....very confused because prior to the winpwn i had no problems with manuel installs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

From the discription i agree it must not be in the right directory. we need a more detailed description of what you are doing as what files and where to help
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2621 View Post
    From the discription i agree it must not be in the right directory. we need a more detailed description of what you are doing as what files and where to help

As i stated before...it does not matter what i try to install...be it a application or a theme it will not install. I not a noob when it comes to modding the phone so this one has thrown me for a loop. If i try and install a app; root/Applications/ .... set the permissions to 0755 or 0777....still nothing...it seems like the files get corrupted when i ssh it over to the phone.

Oh and by the way i'm on 1.1.4 jailbroken with liberty 3.0 ...windows xp
    Last edited by BLACKSTEEL1; 2008-05-12 at 05:05 PM. Reason: forgot some info

Thanks

Restore it and try again
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Restore it and try again
    did that ...still no dice

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTEEL1 View Post
    did that ...still no dice
    even when ssh some rom files that i know work... they don't work either....so i'm stuck at this point.

still no takers on this problem....i was hoping somebody could offer me some help on this....come on all you iphone experts help a brother out!!!!
    Last edited by BLACKSTEEL1; 2008-05-13 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost