Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: In need of EXPERT advice!

Default In need of EXPERT advice!
    ok so i finally got my custom winpwn firmware to restore using itunes....but now i dont have service because in the advanced tab of ipsw builder i picked:
    *activate phone
    *enable baseband update
    *neuter bootloader 3.9/4.6
    *unlock baseband
    *got my 3.9 and 4.6 .bins

but now when i load the custom firmware bootneuter opens and says there is an error(which i guess is why i have no service). So since i already have at&t and service what do i need to check since i pretty much just want to jailbreak my phone and have a nifty boot image?

Thanks for you guys who help me i will for sure hit the thanks button as long as your nice and dont call me a noob lol...its already obvious

Well, if i were you, i would restore it and the next time, just check "Installer" and add your logos, dont bother with the other stuff if you have an AT&T phone, its no use..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Safari For This Useful Post:

howlett15 (2008-05-12)

Since you have AT&T, there is no need for bootneuter, unlocking your baseband, and activating the phone. You will already be good to go through itunes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to racinboi93 For This Useful Post:

howlett15 (2008-05-12)

Awesome! Thanks guys!

bad news...still dont have service i even tried leaving activate phone checked and it doesnt work... any more advice?...please
    Last edited by howlett15; 2008-05-12 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If you're a noob why are you getting involved with bootneuter and custom firmwares? Just restore your phone and use ziphone
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I had to unlock my baseband in order to get service with a pwned phone on AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    If you're a noob why are you getting involved with bootneuter and custom firmwares? Just restore your phone and use ziphone
    Because I have like 10 friends with iPhones and I always have the one with the coolest stuff so with winpwn I can have the boot images and brag about having my own custom firmware and they will envy me lol
    sorry if I get on your nerves because I made a mistake and now I'm asking for some advice

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

i would try and restore to factory 1.1.4 and then repwn

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Because I have like 10 friends with iPhones and I always have the one with the coolest stuff so with winpwn I can have the boot images and brag about having my own custom firmware and they will envy me lol
    sorry if I get on your nerves because I made a mistake and now I'm asking for some advice

Didn't mean to post this 2wice... Sorry
    Last edited by howlett15; 2008-05-13 at 12:40 AM. Reason: accidental repost