Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 1.1.1 with International options

  1. #1
    Default 1.1.1 with International options
    my 4GB iphone with v1.1.1 includes International Language / Keyboard options. i was under the impression that International languages were only available for version 1.1.2. any ideas how this is possible? phone was never updated to 1.1.2 because its jailbroken & unlocked and i didnt want to risk bricking it. does that mean we can install language options without updating to 1.1.2? this may help some if we figure it out. thanks.

  2. #2
    Can you post a screenshot?

  3. #3
    ...
    Last edited by jonkng; 2009-01-29 at 04:34 AM. Reason: ...

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    US/RP
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts

    Have it on my 1.1.1 as well. There is a utility that can activate it on. It is also on installer.app if you add>>> i.unlock.no in your source then enable international menu.

  5. #5
    ok that makes sense. so no need for 1.1.2 for those who want international languages. indeed, i did use i.unlock.no for my unlock but just did not notice an "option" to enable international. thanks for the clarification.

    another question, my 8 gb iphone does not have a "Contacts" option under Settings like my 4gb pictured below. any ideas? my 8gb is also 1.1.1 with no hacks or mods at all.
    Last edited by jonkng; 2009-01-29 at 04:35 AM. Reason: ...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mixi92 View Post
    Have it on my 1.1.1 as well. There is a utility that can activate it on. It is also on installer.app if you add>>> i.unlock.no in your source then enable international menu.
    Sweet Thanks

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mixi92 View Post
    Have it on my 1.1.1 as well. There is a utility that can activate it on. It is also on installer.app if you add>>> i.unlock.no in your source then enable international menu.
    Mixi92, I looked under my installer and there is no util for this so I assume you need to add a program to the phone? I have a 4gb now upgraded to 1.1.1 and also and 8gb also same state, use the tiff exploit and anysim. both running fw 1.1.1 & modem 4.1.13G. so how can I add languages as I live in Panama and Costa Rica?? please be clear or tell steps. thank you in advance.

    rick

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    US/RP
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rmacgurn View Post
    Mixi92, I looked under my installer and there is no util for this so I assume you need to add a program to the phone? I have a 4gb now upgraded to 1.1.1 and also and 8gb also same state, use the tiff exploit and anysim. both running fw 1.1.1 & modem 4.1.13G. so how can I add languages as I live in Panama and Costa Rica?? please be clear or tell steps. thank you in advance.

    rick
    As I said you need to add it to your installer.app source, didn't you read it?

    If you have installer.app tap on the icon then tap SOURCE>>>EDIT>>>ADD now add the following to your source i.unlock.no

    after to add it, REFRESH your source. By onw you should have UNLOCKING TOOLS with your installer.app. Tap that one and you will SEE what you're looking for.

    Now install it.

    ENJOY

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mixi92 For This Useful Post:

    rmacgurn (2007-11-14)

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mixi92 View Post
    As I said you need to add it to your installer.app source, didn't you read it?

    If you have installer.app tap on the icon then tap SOURCE>>>EDIT>>>ADD now add the following to your source i.unlock.no

    after to add it, REFRESH your source. By onw you should have UNLOCKING TOOLS with your installer.app. Tap that one and you will SEE what you're looking for.

    Now install it.

    ENJOY
    Sorry seems I am getting lazy in my years... having read about 12 pages I should have just used the google search..works great also found the solution in unlock tools to always losing my APN setting in EDGE. muy amable amigo...

  11. #10
    Default Otb 1.1.2
    Does anybody know how to do this with OTB 1.1.2?
    I downgraded it to 1.1.1, jailbroke, and enabled International keyboards, but this method doesn't work with 1.1.2
    I can keep 1.1.1 but then it becomes just is iTouch...
    I cannot activate at&t service without upgrading it to 1.1.2.
    Please help.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •