Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UK.... 1.1.2 Downgrade to 1.1.1

Default UK.... 1.1.2 Downgrade to 1.1.1
    As i have been seeing in numerous forums now, a lot of users have been able to downgrade their 1.1.2 UK Iphones to 1.1.1 and Jailbreaked it. So now have an equivalent of a Touch as an Iphone but without SIM Unlock yet as its not properly functional.

But the thing is, most users talk about using INdependence, and i have no Idea how to use it and all they say is reflash the Firmware to 1.1.1 Using Itunes holding shift . .. oKay. But using independence, what do i do with independence, can anyone simplify? And for all UK Iphone Owners out there who want to Jailbreak their Iphones are baffled like me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by owen243 View Post
    As i have been seeing in numerous forums now, a lot of users have been able to downgrade their 1.1.2 UK Iphones to 1.1.1 and Jailbreaked it. So now have an equivalent of a Touch as an Iphone but without SIM Unlock yet as its not properly functional.

But the thing is, most users talk about using INdependence, and i have no Idea how to use it and all they say is reflash the Firmware to 1.1.1 Using Itunes holding shift . .. oKay. But using independence, what do i do with independence, can anyone simplify? And for all UK Iphone Owners out there who want to Jailbreak their Iphones are baffled like me.

Thanks
    iNdependence is a Mac OS X application that activates the iPhone.

First, to disabuse some misconceptions:

Currently, if you downgrade to 1.1.1 you can jailbreak the phone using Jailbreakme.com and installing AppSnapp. Once Installer is on the phone you can install the application called OkToPrep. You're now ready to upgrade back to 1.1.2 and jailbreak 1.1.2. You won't have a phone tho at this poimnt. Just an iPod Touch.

To downgrade a 1.1.2 iPhone to 1.1.1 you first must have a copy of the 1.1.1 firmware on your computer somewhere. You can download the firmware inthe Download section here.

Once you've downloaded it, connect the phone to iTunes. With the iPhone Summary screen showing in iTunes, press Shift (or Option on a Mac) while clicking the RESTORE button. A window will pop up asking you for the location of the firmwar file you wish to restore to.

Point iTunes to the file you downloaded and STILL HOLDING SHIFT (Or Option) click Open. When the "Extracting Files" progress window opens you can release the Shift (Or Option) key. iTunes will complete the restore process and end with an error that it could not restore the phone.

Don't worry about it. It lies. Your iPhone will be in Restore mode but this is where iNdependence comes into play.

Close iTunes and open iNdependence. You don't have to actually do anything. The program does it all automatically once iTunes is closed. After a few moments the Restore screen should clear and you'll have the globe and Connect to iTunes screen. Open iTunes again and wait a moment. The phone should report "waiting for Activation. This could take some time" At this point you should be able to get to the Home screen.

If you're a Windows user (/comfort) you can achiev the same result with either iBrickr or WINSTALLer. I'm not sure the exact steps/results however since I'm on a mac and haven't tried any of this in Windows yet.

What you have now is a phone that says it's activated under 1.1.1 but can't connect to any network. Set up your wifI and point the iPhone's browser to Jailbreakme.com. Install AppSnapp.

Run Instaler and install OkToPrep.

Reboot the phone, reconnect to iTunes and UPGRADE (NOT Restore) to 1.1.2. Activate the phone as you would normally (Assuming you're on O2. If you need to unlock it for another carrier you're out of luck for a few more days)

From here you can, if you're on an Intel Mac, follow the excellant tutorial found HERE to jailbreak 1.1.2.

If you're on Windows I'm sure there is an IPHUC method out there you can use. Just Google for it. Substitute WinSCP for CyberDuck and the command line option in WinSCP, or Putty, for Terminal.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Murfunit For This Useful Post:

owen243 (2007-11-11)

What I reccomend you do is wait for couple days to see if someone will release a jailbreak and unlock program for 1.1.2, pretty sure someone will. In the meantime just keep on reading up on subjects you don't understand before jumping in and doing anything to your iphone you might regret. The jailbreak just open up your phone for 3rd party software. Is it worth it just to do that for apps and games without the calling feature, also might brick your new expensive iphone? Not trying to be mean but save you and others from alot of headache if something goes wrong from you being new to this. Just sit back relax and read somemore.

I'm not doing it yet, just reading on the how to's and understanding more on the concept so im familiar with it, i wouldn't want to post a " ZOMG I BRICKED MY IFONE" Thread lol

Thanks

i wouldn't want to post a " ZOMG I BRICKED MY IFONE" Thread lol

Thanks
    I would have to fly over there and thwap you if you did :P
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

woo 121 Help lool

Oh and one more thing , in understanding the logic. Whats with the different Tiff firmware files?
    Last edited by owen243; 2007-11-11 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

TIFF is an image type first used to exploit the PSP when it first came out. It has since been used to jailbreak iPhone firmware 1.1.1 through sites similar to jailbreakme.com, however, the TIFF exploit has been patched in firmware 1.1.2 and previously mentioned sites have been rendered useless. Man that sounded professional!
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Would it matter if you Jailbreak a UK Iphone under MAc, then you connect to windows to send song later in future? As the format will change from MAC to Windows?

I have a desktop and a macbook, what would itunes say if i lets say Jailbreak it through mac, but then later on once Anysim works with 1.1.2, i connect to windows? Will it format automatically or?

And The steps that was wickedly mentioned as the second post, will Ibrickr work with 1.1.2 UK Iphone? Because i can see myself helping out a few Uni mates when they get hands on their ones as theyre a bit *thick* in these unlocking terms.

Would it matter if you Jailbreak a UK Iphone under MAc, then you connect to windows to send song later in future? As the format will change from MAC to Windows?

I have a desktop and a macbook, what would itunes say if i lets say Jailbreak it through mac, but then later on once Anysim works with 1.1.2, i connect to windows? Will it format automatically or?

And The steps that was wickedly mentioned as the second post, will Ibrickr work with 1.1.2 UK Iphone? Because i can see myself helping out a few Uni mates when they get hands on their ones as theyre a bit *thick* in these unlocking terms.
    I downgraded mine to 1.1.1 using iTunes and a Windows XP Laptop. I then plugged it into ym MacBook to use independence, so it makes no difference.