Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help.... please... I will owe big if you can...

Question help.... please... I will owe big if you can...
    ok I want to tell exactly what happen and then please ask for your input and help please... I had a 1.1.1 phone that I use with AT&T and had 3rd party apps on it from (www.jailbreakme.com) and I loved it. I had an issue and called apple (my mistake) and they walked me through upgrading it using itunes to 1.1.2. After I hung up I had no 3rd party no nothing.. It sucked.

1) used the restore feature to restore to 1.0.2
    2) used iphuc for windows to finish the restore with:
    GO TO DFU MODE (power+home for 10 seconds then home for 10 seconds) Phone will remain completely BLACK. If not repeat previous step.
    Then select 1.0.2 firmware for restoring.
    At the end you will have an error.
    THAT's NORMAL!
    Now get IPHUC and issue:
    cmd setenv auto-boot true
    cmd saveenv
    cmd fsboot
    3) that got me back to 1.0.2 then used
    4) AppTapp Installer (firmware 1.0.2) to install the installer program And that is about where I am.. I have installed:
    Customize
    Community Services
    Bsd System
    Dock
    Summerboard (old)

That is where I am.... no farther.. I wish I was on 1.1.1 but I donít know how to do it from where I am..

Oh yes I am at 01.02.13_G (Modem Firmware)

Should I stop or shold I do something else.. please help me out please.. I also cant seem to install any themes using a program called WinSCP becuase once I put them into the right folder (or where I think they should be) they dont show up when I go into SMBpref's under themes. Can anyone tell me what to do next or do I just stay where I am.. I would like to be back to 1.1.1 and go to jailbreakme.com and have it work and then never NEVER update to 1.1.2 lol... please help me out

Patrick Conner
    www.pdconner.com - camwebsite
    pdconner *@* comcast.net - email

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't get what you're trying to do... Please explain in more detail.

so ur phone was never unlocked...??? then i guess you can just upgrade 1.1.1 and go to jailbreakme.com.... but u might wanna wait for confirmation from some seniors, just to be sure....

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1029 View Post
    I don't get what you're trying to do... Please explain in more detail.
    OK I guess I want to get back to 1.1.1 and then go to www.jailbreakme.com and be able to apply 3rd party apps again. I can do it now but I am stuck on 1.0.2 with a modem firmware of 04.02.13g. o If I go to itunes it takes it back to 1.1.2 and I have no third party aps. So I am stuck at 1.0.2 (with apps) but not at 1.1.1 .. some of the aps I like wont run unless I have 1.1.1 .. so I guess I need t know how to go back to the old modem firmware... then go back to 1.1.1 and then I'll go to www.jailbreakme.com and be happy. I only use my phone with AT&T not some other provider but I want the the apps. Thanks again

Thanks

you gotta download a copy of the 1.1.1 firmware, then use the Shift + Restore method to restore with 1.1.1 firmare. Does that answer your question?

When I do that it says it cant be done and I get an error... and I ahve to repeat the entire message in my first post to get back.. I dont know if it is becuase of the modem firmware but it wont do it.. I will try it again but I will have to repeat everythign again.. brb... hang on

ok it is restoring iphone software now..... hang on .... I am restoring using shift / restore to 1.1.1.. ok it is still restoring iphone software now it is verifying iphone software.. now it is restoring iphone firmware... now it says error the iphone "iphone" could not be restored error occurred (1013) and I have a button to hit that says ok.. the phone itself has a yellow triangle with please connect to iturnes on it.. I will wait to see what you say to do next.
    Last edited by pdconner; 2007-11-11 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If it has a yellow triangle, it means that it is on 1.0.2 or lower. Dang.... Theres gotta be something you could do... Maybe downgrade from 1.1.2 will be easier.

so no what lol.. It is just sitting there with the itunes error and the phone is with the yellow triangle and it says please connect to itunes.. lol...

Thanks

I guess just update it to 1.1.2, then you just take it back to 1.1.1. but make sure that 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 is actually doable. I think it I saw it somewhere.

that was my whole deal.. I dont think it is doable yet for a phone that isnt hacked for another network just to go back to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2

Just use ibrickr to get your phone out of 1.0.2 recovery mode then option restore to update to 1.1.1 in itunes

When I got that triangle I used apptappin and chose 1.0.2 firmware and it took me back to 1.0.2 ... I cant seem to get to 1.1.1 (with my modem firmware being where it was when I was at 1.1.2) can anyone help. I am now back to 1.0.2 and waiting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hackme View Post
    Just use ibrickr to get your phone out of 1.0.2 recovery mode then option restore to update to 1.1.1 in itunes
    Thats what he just did, and got him screwed with a 1.0.2 in restore mode.