Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Whats The difference

Default Whats The difference
    Between the 1.1.2 US Firmware and the 1.1.2 UK Firmware

Im in UK Atm, and i've been holding back so much from purchasing a US 1.1.1 Iphone and Jailbreaking and Unlocking it so much as im waiting for 1.1.2UK Unlock and Jailbreak.

Everyone who has unlocked 1.1.2 seems to be in the US one, will it work on the UK one?

And whats this website all about:
    http://www.iphoneunlockuk.com/faq.php

And does anyone know whether the 1.1.2UK can be unlockled and Jailbreaked as everyones been talking about it at the moment or not because from what i hear the UK firmware has a different bootloader.

And also, lets say i do purchase a US 1.1.1 Firmware Iphone. Which version of Itunes will i be able to run to tranfer music onto it, and since 1.1.2 is out, will Itunes update the Firmware automatically or will there be an option i can cancel it to.
    Mike

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Between the 1.1.2 US Firmware and the 1.1.2 UK Firmware

Im in UK Atm, and i've been holding back so much from purchasing a US 1.1.1 Iphone and Jailbreaking and Unlocking it so much as im waiting for 1.1.2UK Unlock and Jailbreak.

Everyone who has unlocked 1.1.2 seems to be in the US one, will it work on the UK one?

And whats this website all about:
    http://www.iphoneunlockuk.com/faq.php

And does anyone know whether the 1.1.2UK can be unlockled and Jailbreaked as everyones been talking about it at the moment or not because from what i hear the UK firmware has a different bootloader.

And also, lets say i do purchase a US 1.1.1 Firmware Iphone. Which version of Itunes will i be able to run to tranfer music onto it, and since 1.1.2 is out, will Itunes update the Firmware automatically or will there be an option i can cancel it to.
    Mike
    I dont't believe (but im not positive) that there is a difference between UK and US 1.1.2

That website is junk. Do it yourself for free instead of paying 40 for them to do it

What version of iTunes do you have now and you WILL be able to cancel an update...iTunes just prompts you, does not force you. However im fairly certain that UK phones are now being sold with 1.1.2. There are downgrade methods though for both Mac and PC
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Yeah, someone from Uni (College) got one yesterday on launch and signed a 18 months contract (Expensive or What!!!) And its 1.1.2 Firmware. Yet i don't know whether the UK and US 1.1.2 is same or not, i'm guessing different as Euopean Keyboard layout and other things.

There a link where i can downgrade 1.1.2 UK down to 1.1.1, as 1.1.1 is US only, will that work on a UK Iphone or not as UK Was only released with 1.1.2

I don't know about the firmware thing, but the website is rubbish. The just give you the same files(i know i paid them and got a refund) that you can get for free SAVE your money and get them off here.

So you think their " UK IPHONE" unlock will be just a series of unlocks which our forums will most probably get in the next couple of days for free?

So is the Baseband the only thing different from the 2 UK and US phones. 1.1.2 Firmware is the same though?
    Last edited by owen243; 2007-11-11 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is probably someone on here that can answer better than me about basebands and firmwares.
    As for the website, I used them to unlock my US phone and all they did was send me the same programs as you can find on here for free. I would think that will be the same for when the 1.1.2 unclock is made available. I know they offer support, but when I used them it didn't work and they then told me to send the phone to them at an extra 40 quid. I didn't and then used jailbreakme.com for free