Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 2.0 Beta 5 5A274D to 1.1.4 safely (BaseBand)

Default Downgrading from 2.0 Beta 5 5A274D to 1.1.4 safely (BaseBand)
    I've got an iPhone 1.1.4 PWNED by PWNAGE with installer.app & a ton of apps. I've PWNED 2.0 BETA 2 & installed it (it stunk of bugs) & rolled back to a pwned 1.1.4 within 15 minutes. I had no problems because of BootNeuter.

Anyways, I was just chosen by Apple as a legit member of the iPhone 2.0 Beta Program ( & have been using SDK for several months).

I want to install iPhone Firmware 2.0 Beta 5 Build 5A274D tonight & won't go to sleep till I do.

But, being a precautionist, I want to have a mapped gameplan for rolling back to 1.1.4.
    ==--==--==
    I ASSUME that the first thing I should do is restore an original non-pwned 1.1.4 now & remove BootNeuter & other hacked components.

Then, follow the proper installation instructions from Apple being that I can use a legit security certificate assigned to me.

My question is:
    1) Are the two steps above correct for the most recomended route to take?

2) How exactly (step-by-step) can I downgrade back to 1.1.4 from 2.0 Beta 5 Build 5A274D ? What do I need to know beforehand? What should I download first?? It would be very helpful for someone to answer this question as detailed as possible b/c Google shows no existing clear instructions for this common situation.

3) Out of curiousity; if anyone is on Beta 5, is it even worth installing? I want to test Exchange, Cisco VPN, + my personal Applications from XCode. If anyone had a bad, terrible, or horrible experience, please share it & maybe I'll just wait 4 weeks.

standing by online for a response, . . .
    Last edited by FireFish; 2008-05-25 at 09:58 AM.

Default Restore from beta 5
    Hi,
    I have made a guide that i have tested along with others on how to downgrade from beta 5 safely.
    You can take a look at it by going to here

--AlJaMa

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AlJaMa For This Useful Post:

chris52204 (2008-07-19)

Quote Originally Posted by AlJaMa View Post
    Hi,
    I have made a guide that i have tested along with others on how to downgrade from beta 5 safely.
    You can take a look at it by going to here

--AlJaMa
    Nice. I noticed your big block RED letters saying that the downgrade was to an earlier beta build? Does that mean you can't downgrade to 1.1.4? Not advisable?

Someone needs to make solid iPhone Imaging Software that gets everything, including the baseband. That would be HOT.
    Last edited by FireFish; 2008-05-25 at 09:57 AM.