Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to downgrade from 1.1.2/04.02

Default How to downgrade from 1.1.2/04.02
    can anyone post a guide on how to downgrade your phone from the 1.1.2 upgrade to either 1.0.2 or 1.1.1? mac or windows

Prerequisite:
    - you need to have the firmware 1.1.1 ipsw file in your computer

NOTE: This guide does not guarantee it will work 100%. Also errors 1015 is expected at the end of the process. Continue reading to understand.

1. Download the 1.1.1 ipsw firmware file from Apple. If the downloaded file has the extension ".zip", please remove it and modify it to end up with the following filename: iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw

2. Reboot your iPhone holding the top (power) and home buttons BUT release the top button 10 seconds into it (right after the screen goes dark) and continue to hold the home button until iTunes detects the phone in recovery mode. The iPhone screen will appear to be off, but start iTunes if not started yet .

3. Restore your iPhone by pressing and holding the ‘Shift’ key on windows or ‘option’ key on Mac, then click ‘restore’ to select the 1.1.1 firmware file you downloaded earlier. The restore should go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.

In order to kick the phone out of that mode I just had to launch iNdependence version 1.2.5 and wait a minute or so.
    Last edited by jacobzking; 2007-11-10 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Would this work on my OOTB unactivated UK iphone?

it will but the baseband doesnt downgrade, so no calling features

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So if this works on UK iPhone will it work with German iPhone also? I'll be getting a German phone in few weeks and I need to unlock it for use with Finnish carrier. I hope someone finds a way to unlock these European models...

in a few weeks this will be old news. the iphone mod / unlock community is moving at the speed of light. hang tight and keep an eye on the news here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mobilexile For This Useful Post:

tuomas92 (2007-11-10)