Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone keeps on rebooting it self?

Default iPhone keeps on rebooting it self?
    Hey Guys last night i restored my iPhone to 1.0.2 status cause i got a connect to iTunes message, it restore to the connect to itunes to Activate like it does out of the box. I left it alone for a bit came back and powered up the phone, then it just keeps on rebooting the apple screen will come up then the wheel will start spinning then it will reboot and do again. This seems like a hardware failure more than a bricking problem can anyone plz shine some light on this i was going to go into the apple store and just tell them out of the box it started doing this what do you guys think.. any help will be appreciated thanks..

i have a similar problem, yet mine isnt resetting itself. Just sitting on the apple logo with the wheel spinning down the bottom. been doing that for hours, wondering when the hell the battery will die. and how to fix ! any ideas about both mine and drumomorris?

Thanks

Jaemie

I have the same problem..... I restored my iphone from 1.0.2 to 1.0.2 so I could reset everything (wanted a clean iphone) then I tried activating it with Independence 1.2.5 but it crashed so I downloaded 1.1.2a Indepence (old version that I used before) and that crashed too... after that happen the phone now keeps rebooting. I have tried restoring it again few times in Windows and Mac in iTunes 7.4 same problem. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same problem is there a solution for this please help
    thanks

I had the same problem before. I used iBrickr0.91 to boot it up. try it let me know it is ok

How did you solve this problem, i tried evry method, please help me in details

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deedeedee View Post
    I had the same problem before. I used iBrickr0.91 to boot it up. try it let me know it is ok
    The fix is this... Upgrade your phone to the current 1.1.2, use iBrickr 0.91 to downgrade to 1.0.2, and jailbreak it. Simple instructional video can be found on this web page.

Good luck, and I hope this works out for you.

The problem is annoyingly simple. Check this link and this link.

For me this does however not fix my problem.

Can I just do an upgrade and restore on the phone to stop the endless boots? Most of the people can use this link to restore their phone, but this does not work with mine..

When using the method on this page I get a bootstrap error message, or using old instructions I get this message

Macintosh:~ XXXXXXXX$ ./iphonecomm -s 4
    Starting at Stage 4
    Architecture: i386

Stage 4: 0 Looking for iPhone...
    Stage 4: 1 Exiting recovery mode...
    Segmentation fault
    Macintosh:~ XXXXXXXXXXXX$

Anyone with similar problems? Please post how things went...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've got an iPhone with 1.1.1 fw and tryed to unlock it with Guides and iBrickr. But it locked the iPhone and now I've downgraded it to 1.0.2 but it keeps rebooting itself and also looks when it startup. And when I finaly got it to start and open it with the guide ('#307# and so on) I don't have wi-fi active. When I go to settings/general/about/ it says that wi-fi is N/A. Anyone who knows what I can do?
    mediaboxen

Question Tyied Every Method Mentioned With No Luck, Hellllp
    GUYS,
    My iphone keep in booting with this f.... silver/gray apple icon in the middle of the screen for the fourth day now.
    I was running itunes 7.5, after verginizing and seczoning my iphone and while was about to upgrade to 1.1.1, I did the restore to 1.0.2 then starts to booting endlessly.
    Tried to use itunes 7.4.2, then tried itunes 7.3.2, I even tried to use independence 1.1.2a, but cannot recognize the iphone, tried with apptapp with no luck, tried with ibrick .91 also and iphoneinterface method with no luck, tried to use itunes 7.3.0 54 for windows and the result is nothing.
    no I'm losing my temp and very frustrated with this situation, any help with new idea to get out of this ****** endlessly booooooting.

GUYS,
    My iphone keep in booting with this f.... silver/gray apple icon in the middle of the screen for the fourth day now.
    I was running itunes 7.5, after verginizing and seczoning my iphone and while was about to upgrade to 1.1.1, I did the restore to 1.0.2 then starts to booting endlessly.
    Tried to use itunes 7.4.2, then tried itunes 7.3.2, I even tried to use independence 1.1.2a, but cannot recognize the iphone, tried with apptapp with no luck, tried with ibrick .91 also and iphoneinterface method with no luck, tried to use itunes 7.3.0 54 for windows and the result is nothing.
    no I'm losing my temp and very frustrated with this situation, any help with new idea to get out of this ****** endlessly booooooting.mad:

this is what happend with app tapp.

egypt-a5ad269a1:~ tamer$ /Users/tamer/Desktop/AppTapp\ Installer.app/Contents/Resources/iphonecomm -s 4
    Starting at Stage 4
    Architecture: i386

Stage 4: 0 Looking for iPhone...
    Stage 4: 1 Exiting recovery mode...
    Bus error
    Last edited by tabbas; 2007-12-11 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I also hit this.. Keep rebooting. I tried to press the home & power button at the same time. it jumps in to the restore mode, itunes find it. unfortunately it only last for 1 secs then rebooting again. I spent 2 days in googling this. looks like the only way is replace the iphone through Apple store. ((((( I am outside of US....

My Iphone Did The Same Thing I Just Kept Putting It Into Restore Mode By Holding Both The Power And The Home Buttons Together And Releasing The Power But Keeping The Home Button Pressed After Ten Seconds And Keeping Home Button Pressed Ten Additional Seconds. You Might Have To To This More Than Once But You Should Be Able To Put Phone Back Into Restore Mode.

Oh no. The thread ends here? I'm in the same situation.
    Endless rebooting.
    Tried the "Endless Reboot Fix" (http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Endless_Reboot_Fix )
    but I get the error message "Bus error".

Heeelllppppp!