Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about activating an iPhone.

Lightbulb Question about activating an iPhone.
    I am planning on buying an iPhone this weekend for my son. However, the iPhone is a Christmas present and I am not giving it to him until then.

My son wants a 1.1.1 version iPhone, so I am buying it now because we have read that 1.1.2 iPhones may start to ship, and he wants to be able to mod it with third party apps.

We are existing AT&T customers, and his plan is a regular one. So what we were obviously planning to do is just add a data plan when we buy the iPhone, from an AT&T store. I have a couple of questions:

1. Since he is not opening it until late December, he can still activate it through Itunes at that time right? He is going to jailbreak his iPhone once he gets it, so should he activate via Itunes, then use the jailbreakme.com jailbreak?

2. Will he still be able to use his regular phone until Christmas? Or does purchasing a new iPhone from AT&T store make it so the iPhone is his new phone?

Btw, yeah I know that its about a month of wasted data plan.

Thanks!

1. Yes

2. Yes he will be able to use his old phone. Purchasing a new phone from apple will not make it so he loses his old phone usage.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Digital Oxygen For This Useful Post:

thehitmanguava (2007-11-10)