Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i need help i cant restore my iphone.

Default i need help i cant restore my iphone.
    Hi m8. I have problem with my iphone and I hope you will be able to help me. I am trying for about 10 days to fix it but I got nowhere.

This is how all happened:

I got my I phone from US and 1 my friend who know lot about iphones unlocked it for me for first time and showed me how it is done so I can do it myself. After some time applications damaged my iphone and I managed to restore it and unlock it myself. I did it few time in lets say 40 days and after last restore all was fine I installed lot programs and games and all was great. After lets say 20 days of good working I installed few applications that lot people I know are using. I think applications are "Videorecorder, AVplayer, iblacklist, SMSD, pysl, search, respring and instafresh". After I think 2 days my iphone restarted and then he started up again. I said ok its not problem it can happen to any phone. After that in next 2 days it restarted around 6 times. Then I saw that something is wrong. I tried to delete programs and to see will it work ok if I do that. After I deleted them it was same iphone was still restarting. After 2h iphone restarted and then I got on screen itunes icon and USB cable. Then I said ok its not problem I will restore it and unlock it again. I tried doing it and it passed all ok. Phone was working good for lets say 1 day then same thing it restarted and again I got on screen itunes icon and USB cable. I tried 1 more time to restore it and unlock it and after I did it it restarted after 15 min. I was unlocking it with Iliberty+, ziphone and iplus2.0. I was using itunes 7.6.2.9 and was restoring it to 1.1.4. Then after few restores phone went crazy.When I try to start phone now it start to flesh black white black white. Sometimes I get apple logo when i start iphone and sometimes I get phone flashing. I can put iphone to DFU mod allways but in recovery is bit hard becouse I don't get apple logo often so I cant get it in recovery mod.When i try to restore it now I get error 1601. I tried to remove itunes and all things I get when I install it but its same thing. I Tried to change computer 2 and its same thing. Also I installed mac to try on it but same thing I get 1601 error. I managed few times to restore it but I don't know how and after lets say 1 day or less it again restart and show me itunes icon and USB cable. Now I don't know how to restore it it get error 1601 every time I try to restore it. It get stuck at preparing iphone for restore. Iphone don't show apple log just black screen when it get from DFu mod to restore mod.

I tryed next things:

Tried to restore it on 3 diferent computers but allways same thing.
    Tried on mac win Xp and win vista.
    Tried to restore it to 1.1.1 1.1.2 1.1.3 1.1.4.
    Tried to do pawnage on win.
    Tried to do refurbish with ziphone but it allways get stuck.
    Tried to do downgrade bootloader to 3.9 with ziphone.
    Tried to connect iphone with independence on mac but it don't want to connect. He dont see phone.

Maybe I tried some other thing to do to but I can't remember now ;p

Me and my friend are thinking its problem with bootloader but we are not shure how to change it.

I will try anything you tell me so be free to say anything that can help me.

If you know how I can fix this problem PLEASE help me. You can send me mail on [email protected] or add me to msn [email protected] or add me to skype lazar_nis7235

thanks in advance

this was wrote for some1 that is why its wrote like this ;p
    but if some1 can help me it would be realy nice

have you gotten a response to you question? im stuck in the same problem.

you have problem that your iphone is restarting or you cant resore it?

turn off the phone. turn on the phone holding down the home button. make sure that itunes and other applications are not running. you should get a pop up so that you can restore.

hope that helps.
    iPINOYP

well, i had my share of 1601 today... i have a 16 gb 1st gen, running 1.1.4

my phone was acting out so i reboot it with the sleep button+home button thingy and it fell in the spinning wheel of death endless circle.

tried pluggin it to itunes and doing a restore, didnt work, gave me 1601.

tried DFU mode and then restore, it got stuck in "preparing iphone for restore" and then again, error 1601

so i went all nuts and decided to restore to 2.0, and it worked, now i no longer had a brick, but a fully unusable, yet functional iphone.

i followed poseidon79's how-to and downgraded it to 1.1.4 with the correct baseband and there you go... back in business again, my iphone is back to normal

so for the guys with the 1601 and bricked phones, this might be your key.

P.D. that how-to i said before is in this forum, in the jailbreaking-unlocking section, it's a sticky one

im in same situation, 16gb 3g, apps kept freezing so i tried to restore to newer firmware according to many other posts but now it's stuck in recovery mode

Quote Originally Posted by ez3t0r View Post
    well, i had my share of 1601 today... i have a 16 gb 1st gen, running 1.1.4

my phone was acting out so i reboot it with the sleep button+home button thingy and it fell in the spinning wheel of death endless circle.

tried pluggin it to itunes and doing a restore, didnt work, gave me 1601.

tried DFU mode and then restore, it got stuck in "preparing iphone for restore" and then again, error 1601

so i went all nuts and decided to restore to 2.0, and it worked, now i no longer had a brick, but a fully unusable, yet functional iphone.

i followed poseidon79's how-to and downgraded it to 1.1.4 with the correct baseband and there you go... back in business again, my iphone is back to normal

so for the guys with the 1601 and bricked phones, this might be your key.

P.D. that how-to i said before is in this forum, in the jailbreaking-unlocking section, it's a sticky one
    Did you restore to a hacked 2.0 firmware or the original one?

Same problem here guys...
    pwned my iphone with 2.0 firmware and then it had some problem with the network... Unusual problem and now its stuck and doesnt get restored...
    Its stuck at "Preparing iPhone for restore"... after that comes out with unknown error 1604...
    help guys... trying out restore with 7.5 itunes on windows..
    keep u updated with the progress

man..i updgraded mines to 2.0 and it locked, now i want to downgrade it to 1.1.4, but cant...

this **** is pissing me the **** off.

man..i updgraded mines to 2.0 and it locked, now i want to downgrade it to 1.1.4, but cant...

this **** is pissing me the **** off.