Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Correct Bootloader ??

Default Correct Bootloader ??
    I bought a "new" iphone version 1.1.4--went thru the iLiberty Jailbreak, unlock & activation. Just have a question regarding what the correct Baseband & Bootloader should be if I've done everything correctly.

I have;

Modem Firmware 04.04.05_G
    Bootloader Version 3.9_M3S2.

I'm asking because I have seen reference to bootloader 3.9FB. If I have the wrong Bootloader or Firmware (baseband) what kind of impact will that cause me? The only issues I seem to have is "phone quality", reception problems.

If they are incorrect how do I fix?

Thanks--
    Last edited by teride; 2008-05-06 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teride View Post
    I bought a "new" iphone version 1.1.4--went thru the iLiberty Jailbreak, unlock & activation. Just have a question regarding what the correct Baseband & Bootloader should be if I've done everything correctly.

I have;

Modem Firmware 04.04.05_G
    Bootloader Version 3.9_M3S2.

I'm asking because I have seen reference to bootloader 3.9FB. If I have the wrong Bootloader or Firmware (baseband) what kind of impact will that cause me? The only issues I seem to have is "phone quality", reception problems.

If they are incorrect how do I fix?

Thanks--
    You are good with the 3.9FB bootloader. the "FB" in the 3.9 is a "fake bootloader". It in no way affects the 4.6 that come with your iphone. That is a function of the iliberty jailbreak software.

Should you want to restore back to factory 1.1.4 it will have no effect.

I have noticed no difference in the "phone quality" with 3.9FB

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

try to look for an app called the BootNeuter by the DevTeam (http://rapidshare.com/files/104928522/BootNeuter.zip). Well it doesn't really matter now which bootloader you're in. either SSH the BootNeuter app into application folder, or you can get it off the source http://scape-server.org/iphone and it should work......

if you're not confident of what i'm saying here, search "bootneuter" in youtube, there should be tutorials on how to use it...

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by squaresoft View Post
    try to look for an app called the BootNeuter by the DevTeam (http://rapidshare.com/files/104928522/BootNeuter.zip). Well it doesn't really matter now which bootloader you're in. either SSH the BootNeuter app into application folder, or you can get it off the source http://scape-server.org/iphone and it should work......

if you're not confident of what i'm saying here, search "bootneuter" in youtube, there should be tutorials on how to use it...

hope that helps
    So does that mean the bootloader I have is NOT the "fake" bootloader? Do you think that this will have any impact on the phone call sound quality?

Edited after Youtube visit.......

Ok--I went to youtube, searched Bootneuter & it seems pretty straightforward. I have a couple questions yet...

1) it's my understanding that the whole reason the 3.9FB is used is to "unlock" the phone---

2) based on that once the phone is unlocked 4.6 can be restored using bootneuter??

3) If I do this & leave the phone unlocked to virginize I would need to do a "restore" for "new" iphone to load original software, etc?

Are there benefits for using 4.6 BL vs 3.9? It looked like from the videos on youtube that by re-flashing to 4.6 the baseband is changed also. Would the baseband have any impact on the phone quality and/or reception?

If it won't I guess I'd be better off staying put so I don't "brick" my device.

Thanks---

Ok--I went to youtube, searched Bootneuter & it seems pretty straightforward. I have a couple questions yet...

1) it's my understanding that the whole reason the 3.9FB is used is to "unlock" the phone---

2) based on that once the phone is unlocked 4.6 can be restored using bootneuter??

3) If I do this & leave the phone unlocked to virginize I would need to do a "restore" for "new" iphone to load original software, etc?

Are there benefits for using 4.6 BL vs 3.9? It looked like from the videos on youtube that by re-flashing to 4.6 the baseband is changed also. Would the baseband have any impact on the phone quality and/or reception?

If it won't I guess I'd be better off staying put so I don't "brick" my device.

Thanks---
    Last edited by teride; 2008-05-07 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude,the only difference between bootloaders,is that you can bring to repair 4.6 bootloaders,and if you downgraded it,even to a FAKEBLANK,they wont accept it,and bootloader 4.6 can be unlocked ONLY with 1.1.2 firmware baseband though...