Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Virginize with unknow IMEI!

Default Virginize with unknow IMEI!
    Hello,
    Im quite desperate right now... I have a brand new iPhone (1.1.1) so I tried the "downgrade, upgrade with anysim 1.1" unlock. Finally it failed the unlock with anysim (the error was: anysim cant unlock this phone, please restart your phone) and right now my phone doesnt have wifi, bluetooth, sound or make calls. I only have a "repair needed" message.

In other forum, one guy told me to "virginize" but the problem is that my iPhone says "no-wifi" in settings so I cant virginize with the traditional method using cyberduck.

I can connect to the phone via independence and iTunes, and of course make upgrades or downgrades...

Please help me... I think this is a task for "pros only".

I'm not a pro, But this work for me, hopes it works for you to. I got this from another site:

But first… download SaviousPack.

The Agenda: Get a stock 1.1.1 with a dead baseband working again.
    Required Tools: A PC and Nate True’s iBrickr.

1. Connect the iPhone to iBrickr and follow the initial instructions. Your screen will flash RED. You will receive two options - reboot, and what you are interested in restore. Follow the simple instructions and the iPhone will go to the firmware 1.0.2. When you downgrade it will end in an error (a la “Could not restore iPhone Unknown Error [some number]). This is only because iTunes couldn’t restore or find your baseband. Don’t worry about that. Follow the instructions using iBrickr to jailbreak your phone after that. It’s simple and painless and if you got yourself into a situation like this you probably don’t need me telling you how to do this.

2. Once your iPhone is fully downgraded you will get an activation screen that says the iPhone is in need of repair. Make sure your iTunes is closed and with iBrickr upload “lockdownd” to usr/libexec. This will do a faux activation on your iPhone so it doesn’t give you the normal activate by connecting to iTunes screen on your next reboot.

3. Using iBrickr click “Applications.” Install PXL by following Nate True’s instructions. Once thats done browse the available applications that are available and install these 2 programs in this order: BSD Subsystem, and the Mobile Terminal. Give each application about a minute after you click install to finish up.

4. Now if you reboot your iPhone you will see a regular iPhone’s home screen with all the standards Apple icons plus Mobile Terminal. Using mobile terminal you are going to do some file handywork and fix your broken iPhone.

5. We need to use iBrickr one more time before the big show. Upload the following files to your usr/bin directory:
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    ieraser
    secpack

6. Once these files have been uploaded use your iPhone’s terminal. We need to stop the process which is trying to use your baseband. This file is called “com.apple.CommCenter.pist” and is location at /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter. It’s usually quite simple to stop the process but a lot of people have trouble doing it. I will go over the normal way to do it and if you can’t get it using that method try one of my alternatives. Using terminal type these commands verbatum:
    6.1 cd /
    6.2 cd System
    6.3 cd Library
    6.4 cd LaunchDaemons

7. Now that you are in the correct directory type this:launchctl unload com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    If all goes well it will think for a split second and then you will get no errors (and no confirmation!). Terminal just gives you a command prompt like normal again. Lots of people get the error “No Such Process.” if this happens type:
    rm com.apple.CommCenter.plist to delete it. Don’t worry that you are deleting it because you can download it here so once this is all done you can reupload it using iBrickr. Also if you deleted com.apple.CommCenter.plist REBOOT YOUR PHONE NOW. Sometimes it takes quite a while to reboot. It’s my guess that the iPhone OS is looking around for the file. Just sit tight and it will return to it’s normal screen eventually.

8. Once you are done sorting out how to kill the com.apple.CommCenter.plist problem navigate to your /usr/bin directory. You can type this into your terminal: cd /usr/bin

9. Type chmod 0755 * (this will set up the correct permissions for the files you are about to access).

10. Also, type this: chmod +x ieraser & : chmod +x bbupdater

11. Now type this: ./bbupdater -v to find out what firmware you are running. If your iPhone was messed up in the same way mine was it will ping the baseband for a while and either return nothing or end on “issuing +xgendata.” This is fine. Also if you receive the error telling you comm center is in use this is because you didn’t correctly kill the plist mentioned above so keep trying it until it works!

12. Execute the following to erase your baseband: ./ieraser. This will completely erase what is left on your baseband. We’re almost done.
    Execute the following to reflash your baseband: ./bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls. A lot of people on the IRC Channels claim that this won’t work for a stock 1.1.1 iPhone. It will. Let the process run all the way through. If you get an error check that the secpack doesn’t have a hidden extension of ‘.bin’ at the end. This will cause it to fail.

13. Type: ./bbupdater -v and if everything is right it will ping your firmware and return your version as 3.14.08. You did it!

14. Finally - let’s not forget about our friend com.apple.CommCenter.plist. Copy the file back to the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ using iBrickr.

15. Reboot. Your wifi works… Your sound now works… Your vibration now works… Nice Going.

16. Final Step: You now have a factory fresh 1.0.2 iPhone. To make your iPhone completely factory fresh you should probably update it to 1.1.1. From there you can follow one of the many simple tutorials online to try to unlock it again.

Well that’s it. I think the main reason I had a tough time with this one is that most people who have bricked iPhones screwed theirs up by upgrading after using AnySim 1.02 to unlock. To have an iPhone brick like this is a little bit different but using a lot of the established methods online I was able to get this working again. Thanks go out to The Dev Team, iPhone elite, AT&T, Nate True, Hackintosh, A lot of the IRC guys over on the #iphone channel @ irc.osx86, and all of the other people who have posted problems and solutions on different forums.
    Last edited by king1199; 2007-11-06 at 06:18 PM. Reason: none

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to king1199 For This Useful Post:

jungy (2007-11-25), nilan (2007-11-13), pqn (2007-11-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

this method is all good if your using a pc how bout if your using a mac......
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Not sure! i have a PC.

This is UNBELIVABLE!!
    I have my iPhone working again!!!!

By the way, this should be posted in the guides, is a verry usefull tutorial in a verry extreme situation. The only correction is in step 5, because I also had to upload bbupdater and is not mentioned.

King1199, thank you verry much...I owe you 399 :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    This is UNBELIVABLE!!
    I have my iPhone working again!!!!

By the way, this should be posted in the guides, is a verry usefull tutorial in a verry extreme situation. The only correction is in step 5, because I also had to upload bbupdater and is not mentioned.

King1199, thank you verry much...I owe you 399 :P
    Just for a future note, you didn't have to downgrade to unlock with the new firmware

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

jungy (2007-11-25)

i'm glad i helped, Pregu!

Im stuck in the bbupdater -v step..
    i always get "Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?)"
    I tried lots of things posted in this forum with no luck whatsoever..

if got any clues please let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by menetas View Post
    Im stuck in the bbupdater -v step..
    i always get "Failed to initialize comm layer: (is it open by another app?)"
    I tried lots of things posted in this forum with no luck whatsoever..

if got any clues please let me know...
    launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

I already tried that exact command (unload -w) it keeps saying the very same message..

Any other clue? or something else to try?

Looks like a great guide, and it almost got me through this time (been trying many times before and always got stuck at "failed to initialize comm center" earlier). Followed the guide and everything went perfect until the end when I ran ./bbupdater -v to check if it worked, it returns “issuing +xgendata.” and not the baseband firmware!?
    Anyone who has a clue?

Hello, finally i got past the "used by another application" thing... I downloaded through iBrickr the launchutcl GUI, and unloaded from there the commcenter and stopped the lockdownd service.. then IMMEDIATLY rebooted the iphone, entered the Mobile terminal and then i was able to execute ./ieraser

But soon enough i got into another problem...

Quote Originally Posted by king1199 View Post
    Were almost done. Execute the following to reflash your baseband: ./bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep -f ICE03.14.08_G.fls.
    When I execute this, it keeps looping, again and again.. apparently there's a checksum error..

it says: "Failed to download the .FLS: Expectekd checksum 13FB got 37B1"

then it says some wrong information about firmware being 1.00 G and eep version and revision also all in 1.00..

then AGAIN automatically says.
    "Preparing to flash using /dev/tty.baseband at 750000 baud"
    then all percentage again, and this process loops a lot of times... is topped when it looped for the fourth time...

any ideas? or suggestions?

Okay, i actually i was desperate and decided to upgrade the downgraded 1.0.2 (with no WiFi and apparently NO baseband) to 1.1.1 through iTunes..

After the update i got the message unknown error (1001). Tried to restore a couple of times with no luck and same message, and I couldn't go back to 1.0.2 either... so I beleived i had a Stock iphone since all i had was a "Connect to iTunes" screen (the one in the 1.1.1 not the yellow triangle)...

Eventually i opened the iNdependence without closing itunes and it tried to recognize it in recovery mode... after about 4 or 5 minutes it recognized it as a 1.1.1 jailed non activated iphone... and also the iTunes recognized it to first time set up at the same time..

i proceeded to put it on DFU Mode, then downgraded it to 1.0.2, opened iNdependence again and i had a 1.0.2 jailed non activated iphone... i pressed the activate button and voilá... surprisingly i had WiFi, Bluetooth and everything else working @ 100%.. I checked version 1.0.2 and modem in 3.14_G or something... so i beleived him..

but then I didn't want to risk it again with AnySIM and upgrade to 1.1.1.. so i installed AppTapp, BSDSubsystem, OpenSSH and i unlocked it with good old iUnlock and left it in 1.0.2...

I don't know how in the hell it worked but it did... hope this helps out some people..

thanks in advance to everyone once again...
    Last edited by menetas; 2007-11-08 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by king1199 View Post
    Lots of people get the error “No Such Process.” if this happens type:
    rm com.apple.CommCenter.plist to delete it. Don’t worry that you are deleting it because you can download it here so once this is all done you can reupload it using iBrickr.
    I can't seem to find that file anywhere (on this site or elsewhere). Could you point me to it, or be so kind and upload it somewhere?

I need it, cause I had to rm it (I should have renamed it...).

TYIA!

Edit: nevermind, I'm just going to do a restore with iTunes
    Last edited by JackSim; 2007-11-08 at 03:49 PM.

can anyone help me?
    I can't launch the Terminal!

i Tap it, it did load a bit, but jump back to Spring board in a second!

Never success to type in commands!

it must be because you haven't succesfully installed BSDSubsystem... verify on iBrickr the installed Apps, you may have installed BSDBase... that won't do.. uninstall it and install/reinstall BSDSubsystem and VT100 terminal..

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

This doesn't work for me unfortunately, nice guide though!!. I get stuck after ieraser, it says "waiting for data" forever. I tried both v1 and v2 of ieraser with no luck.

Anybody else run into this problem?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to shadow_cruiser For This Useful Post:

pqn (2007-11-30)

I'm also stuck on the ieraser step. The strange thing that happenned to me was that I had a 1.0.2 unlocked phone working perfectly. Then I virginized using this tutorial: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13170 and then used the iphone.unlock.no to go to the 1.1.1 firmware. After that the phone worked perfectly again, making calls and accessing the internet on the 1.1.1 firmware. Well, it just last a day. When I woke up the following day I had no wifi, no phone feature and had the message saying it needed repair. Really strange. Then I downgraded it to 1.0.2 and tried to do everything again but I am stuck. For some reason, even though the virginizing worked the first time (at least no errors were thrown during the process) it seems that my baseband is permanently messed up.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ludionisio For This Useful Post:

pqn (2007-11-30)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default still...
    any updates anyone?

still have no wifi/bad imei

Thank you king1199! your guide is definitly one of the few which are working for the "iphone needs repair" problem! perfect!! one thing to say: you are explaining in step 7 to delete the com.apple.CommCenter.plist and to restore it later with ibrick. but then, people have first to download it with ibrick! so, first download com.apple.CommCenter.plist, then delete it and afterwards you can upload it with ibrick again...

thanks a lot, iphone king1199

Any suggestions on how to remove the.bin from the secpack. I keep trying and ieraser freezes at this point in the software "Hopefully the main flash was erased, wait for the next step..." Been bricked for 5 weeks and counting. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast