Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: quick question about ugrading my bl back to 4.6

Default quick question about ugrading my bl back to 4.6
    i use iliberty+
    i got my iphone yesterday and unaware used ibrik and it messed up my iphone so i did a restore
    now i noticed last time my bl was still at 3.9 from using iliberty+
    so this time i ran iliberty twice, once w/ the full unlock stuff selected, and the second time w/ jailbreak and only the upgrade from 3.9 to 4.6 ...but it lost my carrier...
    i had to restore again cuz i accidentally restored my iphone back to the backup that was messed up in itunes when asked to set up my iphone.
    so i its restored and unbroken/activated at this point... id like to get this answered soon cuz im anxious to get my iphone back...

so here is the question:

should i select the upgrade package this time when i do the whole jailbreak/activate/etc... thing in iliberty+???

if i do will my iphone have my carrier again and everything be kosher?

if not, is there any way and how do i get my bl back to 4.6 and still have full function of my iphone?

errr. questions i guess... but still quick... i hope
    Last edited by KaAttaKilla; 2008-05-04 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hmm, sounds pretty messed if i understand correctly...
    try to pwn ur phone and then from the bootneuter app ull get, select 4.6 bootloader and unlock... that should fix it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to luiz For This Useful Post:

KaAttaKilla (2008-05-04)

i went ahead and did the iliberty thing cuz i waited for 2 hours w/ no reply and i needed to get started on it since i have ALL my stuff to redo, (i spent 7 hours in itunes yesterday and i only got to N in my library.... i have over 19 thousand songs atm..) i needed to get started on it to finish it tonight before i leave work.

i didnt select the package to upgrade the BL just the downgrade option on the main screen
    ony other optional iliberty packages i put on was openssh, installer, relocate fonts/ringtones, and bbshow?
    if its gotta stay at the 3.9 i guess it stays there... everything seems to work and thats the important thing. i dunno what the difference between having 3.9 and 4.6 is anywho. and i cant afford to spend 2 days redoing my iphone repeatedly to try to get it right.. thanks anyways...

OOOo and how can i put roms on my iphone w/out using ibrik? i got the roms and they worked b4 but apparently briking is what screwed up my digitizer last night.

Well, pwning your phone would be the best way to get back 4.6 BL.

What is your operating system? Mac OS X or Win?

Edit:
    For teh romz use WinSCP on Windows and Cyberduck for Mac.

Just SSH into your phone and put teh romz there where your emulator says.
    Last edited by AotW; 2008-05-04 at 08:30 PM.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a