Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Main Script Executin Failed HELP

Default Main Script Executin Failed HELP
    Hey guys ..
    i've recently restored and unlocked my iphone ( v1.1.4 ) and some apps from the installer won't install and i get this message: "Main Script Executin Failed"
    its weird cuz most of the apps i install without any problems just a few like apps those by Dav team and iblackjack .. dunno if this is something in the installer or thier applications .. anybody have ideas ?
    t***x

Have you installed the BSD Subsystem?

Many of the programs use it for installing ...
    br
    Thomas

Try setting your permissions via SSH on installer to 775.

how do i do that ?
    and now another problem i've installed some application " refresh faster" and the installer doesnt open at all ... it crashes right after i click on it what is this **** now :S

SSH into your iPhone, then run the following:

Code:
    chmod 4755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app
    chmod -R 777 /var/root
    The "Main script execution failed" error is almost always a permissions error (for me anyways).

Alternatively, iDemocracy 3 has an Installer.app Fix (under Modify tab, Extras tab) that does all this for you...

Edit:
    Also, some apps are simply broken (in my case, I cannot install FiveDice because of this error). I have no explanation for this, just buggy packaging by the developers.
    Get Cydia, it's way better and you don't have these issues

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

k.. i'll do that..just when it opens up so i've said i installed a pacakge "refresh faster "and the installer doesnt open at all crashes after 3 seconds of blank white page ...

any ideas ?!
    Last edited by sjxj988; 2008-05-05 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost