Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need To Partially Virginize For Apple Store Replacement

i am still trying to get my phone replaced. So here is an idea that i would like to to run by you guys and see if it works.

One of my buddy has the iphone. can i use his sim card and install it in my phone then go to the apple store and activate the new iphone?

thanks

I am in the same boat. I got the phone with 4.6BL & 4.04.05BB, which I have currently in the phone after I used BootNeuter and restored in iTunes.

I also have an AT&T SIM without the data plan, but the biggest problem is, when I activate using ZiPhone, I don't get any signal at all. If I downgrade the BL to 3.9FB using iLiberty+, I get the signal bars back, but then they can find out that it's been tampered with. Also, the phone was never activated in iTunes, which seems to be the main problem other posters have experienced at the Apple store.

This phone has the same call quality problem as the OP and in addition to that, the wifi also doesn't work most of the times.
    Last edited by rexian; 2008-05-15 at 12:30 AM.

[QUOTE=DarkPraetor;913071]
    I have used BootNeuter successfully without any errors, I followed instructions very carefully.

Yul's post seems correct to me.. To my eyes it appears if I use BootNeuter with the correct settings back to 4.6 (just flash 4.6 selected, everything else off and a iTunes restore), I'll restore and lock my phone to acceptable condition by an Apple employee! Thank you for the heads up, I now use BootNeuter with confidence.

DarkPraetor---I'm getting ready to use BootNeuter....just want to make sure i have the settings correct. I'm running version 1.1.4 with 3.9 bootloader.

BootNeuter Settings.

Bootloader

Version: select 4.6
    Neuter: OFF
    Fakeblank: OFF

Baseband

Unlock: OFF

Do you happen to have a link for a little more description on BootNeuter?

Thanks--

[QUOTE=DarkPraetor;913071]
    I have used BootNeuter successfully without any errors, I followed instructions very carefully.

Yul's post seems correct to me.. To my eyes it appears if I use BootNeuter with the correct settings back to 4.6 (just flash 4.6 selected, everything else off and a iTunes restore), I'll restore and lock my phone to acceptable condition by an Apple employee! Thank you for the heads up, I now use BootNeuter with confidence.

DarkPraetor---I'm getting ready to use BootNeuter....just want to make sure i have the settings correct. I'm running version 1.1.4 with 3.9 bootloader.

BootNeuter Settings.

Bootloader

Version: select 4.6
    Neuter: OFF
    Fakeblank: OFF

Baseband

Unlock: OFF

Do you happen to have a link for a little more description on BootNeuter?

Thanks--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12