Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ugraded and now iPhone turns itself off instead of sleeping, HELP!

Default Ugraded and now iPhone turns itself off instead of sleeping, HELP!
    I had 1.1.1 and did a restore, then iLiberty to upgrade to 1.1.4, everything went fine EXCEPT, now the iphone turns itself off instead of sleeping. I have tried doing another restore then using Ziphone and I get the same problem, did I do something wrong? The phone is barely usable with this problem, any help greatly appreciated!

try a hard restore... out in dfu mode restore... then restore again... then use pwange not those other two... iliberty is harible
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Ok, I tried doing a hard restore, then I used Ziphone to unlock becuase pwnage tool isn't ready for windows yet and I still have the same result. I find that when I set the phone to never lock that it will not turn off. Any other ideas?

This happened to me when i jailbroke mine. I have not had it jailbroken for a while for that fact that when i would put it into sleep mode it would never come back on till i applied the charger to it. I could not make it stop. I restored re jailbroke and the problem was there. I dont know what caused it but i started 2 threads asking about it and never got any replies.

I'm still having this problem, I've seen a few other posts of people who upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 and are having this problem but none of them got any replies. Any experts want to chime in, please?!

I had that problem, I installed iMapIdle and turned it on, it now doesn't shut off when it sleeps. There is another solution which involves downgrading the baseband and restoring in a specific order, I haven't tried it yet, let me know if it works for you: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=7699&page=37

Amazing, somehow that program fixed it! Thanks so much for this!