Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help upgrade from v1.0.2 to v1.1.4

Default Help upgrade from v1.0.2 to v1.1.4
    I would like to know if I can get guidance from anyone here to upgrade to firmware v1.1.4. If possible, I need to step by step help as this is my first time attempting anything on the iphone other than installing apps/games. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend to restore your iPhone to the actual 1.1.4 Firmware using iTunes.

Then download the 1.1.4 Firmware to your computer from your preferred source.

Download the Pwnage Tool from your preferred source.

Start the Pwnage Tool(click help in pwnage tool for info) and pwn your phone. Build a custom IPSW(Firmware) with Pwnage Tool, make sure to tick the correct options and finally restore to your custom Firmware via iTunes and you should be fine.

Make sure you have the latest iTunes on your computer and set up the new restored phone as NEW phone in iTunes.

Hope that helps, keep us posted.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

Be careful with that. Look for more info. I have read that if your phone are unlocked with anysim or iunlock, you can simply upgrade, but if the phone are unlocked with iPhone Sim Free, you must virginize it before with The Virginizer from i.unlock.no

(sorry for my siouxglish) ;-)

I recently did the virginizer method and it worked very smoothly with me.

Install BSD Subsystem, run virginizer from i.unlock.no and after that connect to latest iTunes and restore. It will confirm to restore and upgrade to 1.1.4 and say yes. After restore run Ziphone to "do it all" with the iTunes still open. After this you are ready to use and sync. Remember, sync it as a new iPhone and NOT from your old backup. You will still get back all your contacts.

Hope this helps!

I agree with AotW I've done 5 now and the first one I didnt restore with iTunes first which caused issues. Every one ive done since I've restored first and its gone problem free

Quote Originally Posted by AotW View Post
    I would recommend to restore your iPhone to the actual 1.1.4 Firmware using iTunes.

Then download the 1.1.4 Firmware to your computer from your preferred source.

Download the Pwnage Tool from your preferred source.

Start the Pwnage Tool(click help in pwnage tool for info) and pwn your phone. Build a custom IPSW(Firmware) with Pwnage Tool, make sure to tick the correct options and finally restore to your custom Firmware via iTunes and you should be fine.

Make sure you have the latest iTunes on your computer and set up the new restored phone as NEW phone in iTunes.

Hope that helps, keep us posted.
    The procedure above seem pretty straight forward. The reason I say this is because after watching videos on youtube, I noticed they hold down the home and power key and release the power button. Are any of these actions involved as instructions above? Also can you give the sites where I can download all the files/programs that I need. Sorry for all the questions just needed more clarification. Thanks in advance.